House Water Pump - Advice

ignis

2003 bought MITSUBISHI 150w Automatic Water Pump

Since then had it serviced twice. New diaframe + rings etc

It was never very high pressure just OK 2 story house

Yesterday started on/off all the time when running water and very low pressure, tried bleeding but no better, No leaks anywhere but the pressure tank looks a bit rusty..

As I have to cut the pipes to take it to repair workshop, is it better to buy a new one ? how long do they last ?  17 years service is not bad.

If I have to buy a new one what make ? MITSUBISHI again or HITACHI ? would there be more pressure with a 250w..  both appear about the same price

Any advice please

1 hour ago, ignis said:

2003 bought MITSUBISHI 150w Automatic Water Pump

Since then had it serviced twice. New diaframe + rings etc

It was never very high pressure just OK 2 story house

Yesterday started on/off all the time when running water and very low pressure, tried bleeding but no better, No leaks anywhere but the pressure tank looks a bit rusty..

As I have to cut the pipes to take it to repair workshop, is it better to buy a new one ? how long do they last ?  17 years service is not bad.

If I have to buy a new one what make ? MITSUBISHI again or HITACHI ? would there be more pressure with a 250w..  both appear about the same price

Any advice please

17 years is not bad, maybe economical to repair but would need the local repair guy to look, either new  pump would be ok. 

• Like 1