Thailand praised for Covid response - quick tourism recovery expected

webfact

23 hours ago, sandyf said:

A distorted point of view, certainly as far as the UK is concerned. The majority of those in "desperate financial straits" were probably never in a position to travel anyway. Those that continued to work throughout the year and pensioners, which account for about 20% of the population, have probably watched their bank balance inflate during the crisis.

When travel does start to move again, every chance the preference will be for short haul with long haul taking that bit longer.

As far as Agoda is concerned, we use the We Travel Together quite regularly and and have found in many cases our choices to be fully booked. 

You've just said exactly what my mind was thinking.  I'm currently in the UK, had 8 weeks without work due to the initial lockdown but judging by the morning traffic, everything except the hospitality sector is near enough back to normal.  Yes I'm expecting some sort of tax hike but I haven't heard any of my friends who travel saying that they're not going to be able to afford to when countries start opening up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you own a hotel, and are leasing or have a mortgage... the institution holding paper does NOT want to get into the hotel business, and since EVERYONE is pretty much in the same boat it's not like they can be kicked out and another hotelier can pick up where the last left off.  Bottom line, like in much of America, missed payments will be tolerated until payments can start again.   I know it's not exactly this simple, but realistically it's the way it's working to a large extent. Hotels WILL survive...(and hopefully soon the gates will open). 

• Like 1