Pattaya: Mobile food vendors caused traffic problems as "hundreds" descended on Jomtien

webfact

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

They should just stop somewhere where it doesn't obstruct the traffic.

From what I have seen  that's exactly what they do..ok they are a bit slow moving  so can cause "congestion"

sometimes its no bad thing to  slow down some of the maniac drivers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

These stupid sidecars are always blocking the parking spaces.

On a normal weekday there is ample parking  weekends when the Bangkokians descend it becomes harder to find a spot..over the long weekends very hard to find a parking spot  but they are not taken by these mobile sidecars as they normally don't stay in one spot for very long.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

or in the middle of a zebra crossing, as shown in the first picture.

You want them to park not blocking traffic but when they park in the only available space ( zebra crossing totally dangerous for humans in Thailand anyway) during the intensely busy  long weekend they still get stick ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

It was only 4 days get over it .

When a person who expresses a "get over it" attitude, and then experiences it for themselves; causing them an inconvenience or misfortune, their tune often changes. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

That's no reason to stop in the middle of the street to sell food, as shown on the second picture, or in the middle of a zebra crossing, as shown in the first picture.

They should just stop somewhere where it doesn't obstruct the traffic.

Zebra Crossing? What's that there for, Zebras?    LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

On a normal weekday there is ample parking  weekends when the Bangkokians descend it becomes harder to find a spot..over the long weekends very hard to find a parking spot  but they are not taken by these mobile sidecars as they normally don't stay in one spot for very long.

You want them to park not blocking traffic but when they park in the only available space ( zebra crossing totally dangerous for humans in Thailand anyway) during the intensely busy  long weekend they still get stick ????

I drove down Jomtien beach road today.. every beach-side parking spot was occupied. By cars and pick-ups.

Is there a holiday I'm unaware of?

No doubt the lorries stopping everywhere plus the numerous baht pickups had nothing to do with traffic .  Plus all the road construction.  The mango push cart on Soi baukhao devasted traffic flow ????

• Like 2

16 hours ago, johng said:

Yes, it is a joy to have to wait a further 5 minutes for the lights to do another round because one is held up by a few of these. Often stated these types of vehicles make accidents happen.... particularly with the impatient Bangkok drivers.

Edited by jacko45k
sp
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, johng said:

They provided a much needed and wanted service to tourists and at the same time earned themself's a meagre living instead of  asking for state handouts.. while the (so called) government trying to  "sanitise"  everything that

gave Thailand  its "free wheeling laid back reputation"  leaving millions of its citizens  with no means to support themself , very sad.

They provide food that's been in the blazing sun for hours and getting covered in fumes / dust ( amongst other things ), no thanks, not for me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, johng said:

From what I have seen  that's exactly what they do..ok they are a bit slow moving  so can cause "congestion"

Speed bumps every 30  metres

( real ones ) would slow  everything down.

I was going to use the old uk term 'sleeping policemen' not speed bump, but ????????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1