Pattaya: Mobile food vendors caused traffic problems as "hundreds" descended on Jomtien

webfact

Just now, Techno Viking said:

You have maintained you do not know what is being offered for sale whilst you hoist high the Thai bashing flag.

Lol - so one cannot comment on anything as it's 'Thai bashing'?

I'm merely stating the junk they're selling (whatever it may be) is unhygienic and would not touch it with a barge pole.

Should you wish to indulge ( as i've said before )....up to you.

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Lol - so one cannot comment on anything as it's 'Thai bashing'?

I'm merely stating the junk they're selling (whatever it may be) is unhygienic and would not touch it with a barge pole.

Should you wish to indulge ( as i've said before )....up to you.

I buy fresh cut pineapple and other fruits from a street vendor...are they junk too ?

hows that Thai bashing wagon going ?

• Like 2

Just now, Techno Viking said:

I buy fresh cut pineapple and other fruits from a street vendor...are they junk too ?

hows that Thai bashing wagon going ?

I'm happy for you, that sounds great, i hope you enjoy it.....depending on how long it's been sitting in the cart it could potentially be junk, yes.

Wagon....what you on about now?

Sorry about the typo, samlor is what I meant, and I'm very sorry but anyone who can be proud of a 50 baht 5h!t on a stick as a main meal for the day is in need of help, mentally & financially, do you also live in one room, no A/C, no lift, top floor 2k baht a month ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Sorry about the typo, samlor is what I meant, and I'm very sorry but anyone who can be proud of a 50 baht 5h!t on a stick as a main meal for the day is in need of help, mentally & financially, do you also live in one room, no A/C, no lift, top floor 2k baht a month ?

Kwai Tiao is served in a bowl. Noodles, vegetables and in my case pork short rib. I live in a very nice house in a gated community. I can afford to eat whatever I want but choose Kwai Tiao because its filling, nourishing and extremely tasty. You don't know what you're missing. I know of people who travel from central Pattaya, 15 minutes on a bike, just for a bowl from the stall I get mine from. Legendary.

BTW. Its saleng not sam lor.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

Kwai Tiao is served in a bowl. Noodles, vegetables and in my case pork short rib. I live in a very nice house in a gated community. I can afford to eat whatever I want but choose Kwai Tiao because its filling, nourishing and extremely tasty. You don't know what you're missing. I know of people who travel from central Pattaya, 15 minutes on a bike, just for a bowl from the stall I get mine from. Legendary.

BTW it's not Kwai Tiao.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, polpott said:

So just to be pedantic it would seem that a samlor & a saleng are one and the same sort of thing, a samlor = a 3 wheeled vehicle, a saleng is a motor  bike with side cart eg: the same. Why do you persist in stupidity ? And yeah I had a mistype , no big deal, and you can stick with you 50 baht Thai meal, I'll pass and eat better than that thanks.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:15 PM, jacko45k said:

Or sold from the middle of it. ????

Look at the chain restaurants in Central.  They pay big rent money, and what do authorities allow to happen, cheap eats on the forecourt, after leases have been signed.  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Look at the chain restaurants in Central.  They pay big rent money, and what do authorities allow to happen, cheap eats on the forecourt, after leases have been signed.  

They don't sell the same food and those using the forecourt also pay rent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

They don't sell the same food and those using the forecourt also pay rent.

It creates an unknown quantity of competition for those that have bought in, sound familiar?  The "rent" that you say they pay is more like a cash payment to be allowed to operate. 

Motorbike food cards should park out the front of Central, just to add even more food options to that area.  ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thank F for that. Idiots would back up the whole soi to greedy to move even 1 meter from that prime position. 

Soi Baukhao is now prime commercial real estate in Central Pattaya.  Just don't try to sell anything over 70 baht there.   ???? 

46 minutes ago, madmen said:

Thank F for that. Idiots would back up the whole soi to greedy to move even 1 meter from that prime position. 

Many people like street food especially Thais so they are needed there, never caused me a problem. Buakhao should be closed to cars and pickups unless delivering 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Just like the beautiful sea view when you buy the condo.... a year or two of dust and noise and then a view of a fat guy in his skivvies frying eggs!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I agree.

Soi Baukhao, from Soi Dianna to after Tree Town, should be closed to traffic between 6pm and 2am, like Walking Street.  

you need baht buses and motorbikes aren't a problem, I don't think it needs to be Walking Buakhao. Beach Road on the other hand would be really nice as a walking zone

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you need baht buses and motorbikes aren't a problem, I don't think it needs to be Walking Buakhao. Beach Road on the other hand would be really nice as a walking zone

The baht buses can drop off and pick up at the intersection of Soi Dianna and the Tree Town soi.  Not a big problem.  

From the safety aspect, a lot of drunk pedestrian traffic on that section of Soi Baukhao, due to being unable to walk on the footpaths.

It's already implemented on LK Metro.  Just need to do the same on Soi Baukhao.