Best Bella Pattaya ALQ/ALSQ booking/payment confusing

Terry2905

Hi everyone.

I will be returning to Thailand in January 2021.

I have a preapproval for the COE, pending flight booking confirmation (already done), and pending proof of a quarantine hotel booking.

I booked a 15 day quarantine package online through the Best Bella Pattaya hotel website, and gave my credit card details.

They have sent me an invoice which states that it is an ALSQ package, and that payment has to be made via bank transfer, and then fax the invoice to them?

I would not get an invoice if I make a bank transfer from my UK bank account (online banking), and I do not have access to a fax machine (who uses fax these days anyway?).

Can anyone recommend an alternative (cheap) quarantine hotel in Pattaya that accepts payment with a credit card?

I notice that thaiest.com do say that some ALQ hotels require partial or full prepayment to a Thai bank account, and recommend using Transferwise to do that. I have never used that. I use Azimo, but I do not get an invoice. Does anyone know if Transferwise give an invoice?

All very complicated and confusing?

What sort of hotel is Best Bella Pattaya, that does not accept credit cards!

Any info gratefully received.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terry2905 said:

Hi everyone.

I will be returning to Thailand in January 2021.

I have a preapproval for the COE, pending flight booking confirmation (already done), and pending proof of a quarantine hotel booking.

I booked a 15 day quarantine package online through the Best Bella Pattaya hotel website, and gave my credit card details.

They have sent me an invoice which states that it is an ALSQ package, and that payment has to be made via bank transfer, and then fax the invoice to them?

I would not get an invoice if I make a bank transfer from my UK bank account (online banking), and I do not have access to a fax machine (who uses fax these days anyway?).

Can anyone recommend an alternative (cheap) quarantine hotel in Pattaya that accepts payment with a credit card?

I notice that thaiest.com do say that some ALQ hotels require partial or full prepayment to a Thai bank account, and recommend using Transferwise to do that. I have never used that. I use Azimo, but I do not get an invoice. Does anyone know if Transferwise give an invoice?

All very complicated and confusing?

What sort of hotel is Best Bella Pattaya, that does not accept credit cards!

Any info gratefully received.

Try Booking.com or Agoda way 

The only other similarly priced ones are the Grand Bella and Bella Express so may have the same issue.  5K baht more for next price range up.

The Thaiest website recommends Transferwise, and TW does generate paperwork for each transfer although I wouldn't call it an invoice, but that may just be a translation quirk.

Faxing can be done from your PC using free software.

3 hours ago, treetops said:

The only other similarly priced ones are the Grand Bella and Bella Express so may have the same issue.  5K baht more for next price range up.

The Thaiest website recommends Transferwise, and TW does generate paperwork for each transfer although I wouldn't call it an invoice, but that may just be a translation quirk.

Faxing can be done from your PC using free software.

Thanks for the info.

I have applied to book J Residence. They say that they accept credit cards, 3,000 baht up front, remaining paid after quarantine. Total 44,000 baht plus 2,000 baht for airport pickup from Suvarnabhumi. Strange method for reservation though? Only an online form through QR code!

Using your internet banking facility, you should be able to do an international money transfer via the international SWIFT Code system. I did mine today using this type of facility and it worked.

The hotel just needs to give you all their banking details and the SWIFT code of their bank. This is normally on the invoice they send you. Hope it works for you.

B.T.W  I cannot understand why the hotels are not using their normal booking facilities whereby you can book online, enter your credit card details and that's it.