60 Day COVID Extension Report

Just a quick report to let you chaps know I got a 60 day Covid extension with no hassles, it was a very friendly service at Satun Immigration. 

They needed the following

1. Copy of all pages with stamps in my passport.

2. Copy of previous 60 day extension ( family )

3. Copy of details page and departure card. 

4. Tm7 with photo and 1900 baht.

5. Affidavit ( I ticked can't get embassy letter from UK )

6. They took my picture.

I waited around 1 hr and all went smoothly with great service.

The stamp runs from 24th Nov to 24th Jan ( no under consideration stamp).

OP, thanks for your report. Not the first that mentions getting the extension right away, but it doesn't seem to be common.

How come that some immigration offices have the authority to issue that extension on the spot, while others (most?) give an under consideration stamp first to seek approval?

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

OP, thanks for your report. Not the first that mentions getting the extension right away, but it doesn't seem to be common.

How come that some immigration offices have the authority to issue that extension on the spot, while others (most?) give an under consideration stamp first to seek approval?

I have been wondering same thing for some time. I notice that the OP report #2 mentions copy of previous 60 day extension (family).

Are io giving ongoing 60 day extensions to those with family and different attitude to those with visa exempt/tourist visa? 

Surely not.

13 minutes ago, Caldera said:

It might vary dependent upon which of the 5 regional divisions the office is under. They may have authorized the offices to do the extension without their approval.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have been wondering same thing for some time. I notice that the OP report #2 mentions copy of previous 60 day extension (family).

Are io giving ongoing 60 day extensions to those with family and different attitude to those with visa exempt/tourist visa? 

Surely not.

I have these additional stamps on Passport with my extensions:

- Ext 60-days #1 was approved based on 327/57 --2.24

- Ext 60-days #2 was approved based on 327/57 --5.0 (valid till Jan-21)

#

7 minutes ago, dragth said:

I have these additional stamps on Passport with my extensions:

- Ext 60-days #1 was approved based on 327/57 --2.24

- Ext 60-days #2 was approved based on 327/57 --5.0 (valid till Jan-21)

#

Obviously I don't understand those codes.

Some time back I recall report of guy that entered on ME marriage. Those folk need to exit every 90 days, obviously not possible since Covid. So the guy I mentioned obtained 60 day to visit wife. That was when extended Amnesty was up in the air. So to the point, the guy asked what to do after the 60 days.

The io told him they will continue issue 60 day extension.

58 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Obviously I don't understand those codes.

Some time back I recall report of guy that entered on ME marriage. Those folk need to exit every 90 days, obviously not possible since Covid. So the guy I mentioned obtained 60 day to visit wife. That was when extended Amnesty was up in the air. So to the point, the guy asked what to do after the 60 days.

The io told him they will continue issue 60 day extension.

I am same situation per described.
My IO is @NakhonSiThammarat.

My #1 application (before Sep deadline) was approved based on Police Order 327/57  per Clause 2.24 (visit wife) and extended 60-days (on application date) till Nov-22.

My current #2 extension for another 60-days was approved based on Clause 5.0 of Order 327/57.

21 hours ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

Just a quick report to let you chaps know I got a 60 day Covid extension with no hassles, it was a very friendly service at Satun Immigration. 

They needed the following

1. Copy of all pages with stamps in my passport.

2. Copy of previous 60 day extension ( family )

3. Copy of details page and departure card. 

4. Tm7 with photo and 1900 baht.

5. Affidavit ( I ticked can't get embassy letter from UK )

6. They took my picture.

I waited around 1 hr and all went smoothly with great service.

The stamp runs from 24th Nov to 24th Jan ( no under consideration stamp).

Well you are lucky it only cost you 1900 baht my friend I did the same thing at Ubonratchathani immigration for 2 months 3900 Baht Why is there a difference

4 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

Well you are lucky it only cost you 1900 baht my friend I did the same thing at Ubonratchathani immigration for 2 months 3900 Baht Why is there a difference

7 minutes ago, Happyman567 said:

Ok here is the deal at Ubon ratchani immigration They dont approve on the spot and the price is 3900 Baht for 2 months I dont think that is right i was fine doing the affidavid and all the stuff 

19 hours ago, SAcanman said:

Got 60 days today at CM.  No under consideration stamp. Good to jan. 25.  No questions asked. Came in on tourist visa.

That's cool, thanks.

When you arrived, did you just tell them that you wanted the '60 Day Covid Extension'? And they immediately knew what you were on about?

My 60 days based on family is up on Dec 30th, but I want to try get this one asap, as if they won't give it to me, I need to go for the 12 month family extension. 

32 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

That's cool, thanks.

When you arrived, did you just tell them that you wanted the '60 Day Covid Extension'? And they immediately knew what you were on about?

My 60 days based on family is up on Dec 30th, but I want to try get this one asap, as if they won't give it to me, I need to go for the 12 month family extension. 

Hi I got mine in CM yesterday and yes 'Covid Extension' is what you ask for. Take copies of embassy letter or embassy screenshot stating they no longer issue letters and TM30 or screenshot of TM30 website you shouldn't have any problem based on my experience. There's a copy shop behind the building in case you're missing anything, although I didn't use it.

3 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

That's cool, thanks.

Yes. That is exactly what happened and they provided the necessary forms.  I had to bring tm30, email from embassy stating they don't issue letters, photo, copies of relevant passport pages, and 1,900 baht.

5 hours ago, SteezyP said:

Hi I got mine in CM yesterday and yes 'Covid Extension' is what you ask for. Take copies of embassy letter or embassy screenshot stating they no longer issue letters and TM30 or screenshot of TM30 website you shouldn't have any problem based on my experience. There's a copy shop behind the building in case you're missing anything, although I didn't use it.

3 hours ago, SAcanman said:

Yes. That is exactly what happened and they provided the necessary forms.  I had to bring tm30, email from embassy stating they don't issue letters, photo, copies of relevant passport pages, and 1,900 baht.

Thanks.

I will email my embassy now.

What do I ask my embassy?

"Hello, good afternoon, I need to get a visa extension at Thai immigration because of the ongoing Covid Pandemic, can the embassy provide a letter or certificate to help get this Thai visa extension?"

Or do I word it differently?

TIA. 

13 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Thanks.

I will email my embassy now.

What do I ask my embassy?

"Hello, good afternoon, I need to get a visa extension at Thai immigration because of the ongoing Covid Pandemic, can the embassy provide a letter or certificate to help get this Thai visa extension?"

Or do I word it differently?

TIA. 

I think that would be fine.

Archived