No Covid Extensions after Monday

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told in Ubon that I could use the 60 day COVID extension twice, which she (the IO) helpfully told me would take me up to the end of February.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but it may be helpful as I think you could travel here (Ubon) to get the extension done if your having problems at CW. Spend a night in a hotel (for address purposes) then go to the IO the next day.

Thanks Joe,  Both women said that there would be no more extensions at all after monday as that was as long as this option was in law until. Im waiting on my passport coming back to get an extension. Im just worried that i cant get it from VFS in time. 

2 minutes ago, beldin said:

Thanks Joe,  Both women said that there would be no more extensions at all after monday as that was as long as this option was in law until. Im waiting on my passport coming back to get an extension. Im just worried that i cant get it from VFS in time. 

I'm not Ubonjoe - he's a moderator who knows his stuff - best to wait to see what he says.

I think if they were ending on Monday there would of been a announcement by immigration about it.

The only thing I have seen on the immigration website for a few days infographic that had very little info on it and had no announcement associated with it.

4 hours ago, beldin said:

If i havent got my passport yet i will go again on friday and get and update from them

Is there really insufficient space left in - or insufficient time remaining on - your existing passport for a half-page 60-day extension stamp if push came to shove?

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, why would CW pass this info on to you when the extensions you refer to are being issued at MTT.

Yes, you told me that so i booked an appointment and went to MTT on monday. They looked at my passport and said that because my last visa was a Non O ME for marriage that i would have to go to CW for this. i went to CW and they accepted my application but said that it must be done before or on 30th November as no visa would be available after that time. I asked if i could get a 7 day visa to allow my passport to arrive, they advised that they could but that no further etensions would be given as it would be after 30th November

4 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I was tamped until the end of January yesterday - the I/O asked me what my plans are after that - I replied I don't know - he then said it's up to the Government what happens next

What was your last entry to Thailand. Visa exempt/tourist visa? 

Also your extension was obtained MTT? 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What was your last entry to Thailand. Visa exempt/tourist visa? 

Also your extension was obtained MTT? 

My last entry was a VE which was the converted into a ED VIsa - the ED Visa expired on 5 May

At Hua Hin Immigration

2 hours ago, Tunaboi said:

Just to be clear I’m on tourist visa on arrival US passport stamped til November 30 last time with embassy letter. Going MTT Monday is acceptable? Or must I go this Friday. Sorry I just want to triple check with you guys. Thanks

Think you arrived visa exempt but that not important. Just one person's opinion, but why anyone would leave applying for extension on the very last day! Personally I would have done it already. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you arrived visa exempt but that not important. Just one person's opinion, but why anyone would leave applying for extension on the very last day! Personally I would have done it already. 

It’s not my intention. I had requested a printout of the TM30 from the person I’m renting from over a week ago and am told would be provided sometime by Friday. So just need to Asking/making sure Monday which is nov30 my permit stamp, I am still good as that is my appointment date.

2 minutes ago, Tunaboi said:

It’s not my intention. I had requested a printout of the TM30 from the person I’m renting from over a week ago and am told would be provided sometime by Friday. So just need to Asking/making sure Monday which is nov30 my permit stamp, I am still good as that is my appointment date.

Let's draft your Friday post now.

"The person I rent room from promised to provide TM30 receipt by Friday and has not done so. What should I do?"

Answer. "Check into hotel over weekend asking first if they can supply you with TM30 receipt. You will receive printout straight away"

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

"The person I rent room from promised to provide TM30 receipt by Friday and has not done so. What should I do?"

Answer. "Check into hotel over weekend asking first if they can supply you with TM30 receipt. You will receive printout straight away"

that still would not solve if Monday is "too late"

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If he checks in over weekend, he still has to go to IO on Monday.  

The question he's asking is "Is Monday too late, or does he have to go to the IO by end of today?"

Am I making more sense now? ????

14 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

If he checks in over weekend, he still has to go to IO on Monday.  

The question he's asking is "Is Monday too late, or does he have to go to the IO by end of today?"

Am I making more sense now? ????

For any extension you can apply up to date of current permission of stay. His current pos is Nov 30. He can attend imm on that date for extension.

My point was that he has been at current address for a week and the person he rents room from has so far not provided TM30 and my guess will not. Hence need to check in to hotel that can provide him with TM30 print out.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks I’ll do that just Incase since the Airbnb host responsible for submitting the TM30 just told me he’s never done it before

7 hours ago, Tunaboi said:

Just to be clear I’m on tourist visa on arrival US passport stamped til November 30 last time with embassy letter. Going MTT Monday is acceptable? Or must I go this Friday. Sorry I just want to triple check with you guys. Thanks

Whenever you go, since you entered on a tourist visa, make sure you go to J Counter not K Counter (3rd floor in the same building where they do the 90 day reporting).

Also, you might find this post interesting.....

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

For any extension you can apply up to date of current permission of stay. His current pos is Nov 30. He can attend imm on that date for extension.

My point was that he has been at current address for a week and the person he rents room from has so far not provided TM30 and my guess will not. Hence need to check in to hotel that can provide him with TM30 print out.

Arent they two separate issues ?

Can he apply for a visa extension and then do the TM30 another time ?

I moved, got the TM30 form filled out by the owner of this hotel..... i went to immigration and the police to check-in (had time, wanted to play it safe, and have more paperwork for the amnesty extension) and.....

both were like, "ah, we don't want this."

so, ah, ok.   but the extension was easy and smooth.  

22 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Arent they two separate issues ?

Can he apply for a visa extension and then do the TM30 another time ?

Think he'll need to get the TM30 sorted before he can apply for an extension.

Archived