No Covid Extensions after Monday

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just phoned CW and it does appear that the covid extension is not going to be repeatable.

We were told we had three options:

1. Come in before the 30th of November (Monday), change your reason for needing an extension using the affidavit form and get another 30 days, (January 29th)

2. Wait to see if the Ministry makes another announcement before December 30th.

3. Apply for a 1 year extension, meeting all the requirements, paperwork, money in the bank etc

The last extension I received from CW was using the affidavit letter, and was given from November 11th to December 30th.

18 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I was tamped until the end of January yesterday - the I/O asked me what my plans are after that - I replied I don't know - he then said it's up to the Government what happens next

Did you get the full 60 days from Dec 1 or 60 days from yesterday?

2 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

We just phoned CW and it does appear that the covid extension is not going to be repeatable.

We were told we had three options:

1. Come in before the 30th of November (Monday), change your reason for needing an extension using the affidavit form and get another 30 days, (January 29th)

2. Wait to see if the Ministry makes another announcement before December 30th.

3. Apply for a 1 year extension, meeting all the requirements, paperwork, money in the bank etc

The last extension I received from CW was using the affidavit letter, and was given from November 11th to December 30th.

So, this sounds similar to what i was told, no extension after monday. 

So i'm really confused now!

I was told I could use this COVID extension twice- one lasting until the end of Dec, and the next extension would run until the end of Feb (Ubon IO).

I overpaid, they charged me 3,900 baht so I was thinking they were going to give me the next extension without paying the fee as everyone else on this forum is reporting 1,900 cost.

I'm not getting married until January, and the BOI still has not released the new remote worker/freelancer visa so i'm now running out of options if this is correct.

Any suggestions? My current extension of stay is valid until Dec 30 so i'm not sure I can even apply for another 60 days as i still have more than 30 days left.

1 hour ago, beldin said:

So, this sounds similar to what i was told, no extension after monday. 

It does seem that way, we asked why November 30th was the last day to apply she said that is the rule.. whatever that means. She didn't explain why you have to apply a month before for another 1 month extension to the end of January.  

3 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

It does seem that way, we asked why November 30th was the last day to apply she said that is the rule.. whatever that means. She didn't explain why you have to apply a month before for another 1 month extension to the end of January.  

So it's not a 60 day extension at all then really, it's only 30 days! Has anyone heard anything from Ubon or outside of BKK? Getting worried if there's only tomorrow & Monday left to apply

20 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

So it's not a 60 day extension at all then really, it's only 30 days! Has anyone heard anything from Ubon or outside of BKK? Getting worried if there's only tomorrow & Monday left to apply

That is false info. I have seen a order stating the covid 19 extensions issuance will end on January 29th. Waiting for a translation of it now.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is false info. I have seen order stating the covid 19 extensions issuance will end on January 29th. Waiting for a translation of it now.

Thanks very much @ubonjoe

To clarify, I don't have to run to the office tomorrow, I can wait until closer to the end of December when my 1st extension of stay runs out to renew or give me enough time to apply for the new BOI visa?

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is false info. I have seen a order stating the covid 19 extensions issuance will end on January 29th. Waiting for a translation of it now.

So i have to go back to CW on monday. How should i broach this if my passport is not here yet and i may need the extension after 30th November

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

CW now appear to be interpreting this as covid extension end dates cannot go past January 29th. When as Ubonjoe states it is the issuing of the covid extensions that ends 29th January according to the official order.

The immigration offices operating as individual fiefdoms is ridiculous.

CW now appear to be interpreting this as covid extension end dates cannot go past January 29th. When as Ubonjoe states it is the issuing of the covid extensions that ends 29th January according to the official order.

The immigration offices operating as individual fiefdoms is ridiculous.

That's fantastic news - I was really worried for a good hour or so that I wouldn't have enough time to get my long term BOI/NON O visa in order. 

It seems to be really reasonable too, we've had a long time on these amnesties and covid extensions. Winter will be over, vaccines are starting to be mass produced and we should hopefully see some kind of normality by the end of Feb/March.

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Arent they two separate issues ?

Can he apply for a visa extension and then do the TM30 another time ?

As usual you are back to front with your "knowingly" misleading question. 

Given that you have posted recently about an "apparent" failure to report a 90 day/TM30 at CM IO I would have thought that you of all people would know, assuming the CM posting is true (????),  that IF a new TM30 is required by IO then of course it comes first.

Just for the hell of it we phoned CW again this morning,  we've been given different answers on different days in the past.

They transferred us three times to find someone who could answer.

The lady again confirmed that if you want to use the Affidavit form a second time to extend until January 29th it must be done by Monday 30th November.

When asked why we can't come in a few days before my current extension ends on the 30th December she said, the affidavit form extensions end on the 29th January.

It still doesn't explain why they now require the application a month beforehand.

The lady again confirmed that if you want to use the Affidavit form a second time to extend until January 29th it must be done by Monday 30th November.

When asked why we can't come in a few days before my current extension ends on the 30th December she said, the affidavit form extensions end on the 29th January.

It still doesn't explain why they now require the application a month beforehand.

It makes no sense that there's been no announcement as there are hundreds of thousands of people on these extensions. I suppose i'll find out a bit closer to the 30th of December.

If it's true, I will be talking to them about the fact they charged me 3,900 baht already and told me I would receive another extension taking me to Feb 2021. Hopefully ubonjoe is correct as usual.

this is a whole separate question ( and maybe thread)...

I switched over to a 3 month volunteer visa  when they said there will be no amnesty. I"m due to renew that at cost of 35k for one year in december.

If I were to use this covid 60 day now instead...would I be able to still get my 1 year volunteer after the covid ext ends?

7 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I switched over to a 3 month volunteer visa  when they said there will be no amnesty. I"m due to renew that at cost of 35k for one year in december.

If I were to use this covid 60 day now instead...would I be able to still get my 1 year volunteer after the covid ext ends?

No, because then you would be on a totally different extension of stay.

You would need to apply for a new non immigrant visa after your 60 days runs out, so it's probably best to pay the 35k and be done for another year

10 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Hello Dart12, 

The only option we have is to renew the visa too and the agency we are using are quoting 40-45k. Do you mind sharing the name of the agency you used. Thanks. 

13 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Volunteer visa is a good business, so for sure you can get it anytime !

Can you PM me where they do it for 35000 ? it's usually 45000...

On 11/27/2020 at 9:15 PM, beldin said:

Anyone had any more on this?

There is one well known Facebook page that has stated the Covid extension will continue to be sold until there is an announcement otherwise, and that applications can be made after November 30th. When asked for an official link or if it was "a hunch" there was no further response. 

13 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

There is one well known Facebook page that has stated the Covid extension will continue to be sold until there is an announcement otherwise, and that applications can be made after November 30th. When asked for an official link or if it was "a hunch" there was no further response. 

They will issued until January 29th according to a memo immigration issued on November 24th. It will be in the news section shortley. It was due to end tomorrow the 30th at midnight.

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will issued until January 29th according to a memo immigration issued on November 24th. It will be in the news section shortley. It was due to end tomorrow the 30th at midnight.

Good news, thank you.  CW obviously has not read that memo or not informed their staff.

I hope that includes 2nd applications too.

6 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

CW obviously has not read that memo or not informed their staff.

Maybe because CW is only issuing them in certain cases. MTT is where most of them have been issued and I don't recall them saying they would not be issued after the 30th..

6 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I hope that includes 2nd applications too.

The memo just states they can be issued and there is no mention of a limit. It appears the 60 day extensions were started instead of doing another extension of the amnesty.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:07 PM, NK2020 said:

Hello Dart12, 

The only option we have is to renew the visa too and the agency we are using are quoting 40-45k. Do you mind sharing the name of the agency you used. Thanks. 

On 11/28/2020 at 1:13 AM, thcosh said:

Volunteer visa is a good business, so for sure you can get it anytime !

Can you PM me where they do it for 35000 ? it's usually 45000...

VIP Visa in pattaya run by May.  You can find them easy on FB and Line.

it was 20k to switch from tourist to long term which was good for 3 months, and another 35k to get another year added on.

She is very helpful too.

Archived