No Covid Extensions after Monday

8 minutes ago, beldin said:

Thanks for al the updates Guys. It looks like CW will have to extend. Also, It looks like my passport will arrive tomorrow anyway so i should be able to get an extension tomorrow

Extension is at MTT. 

Check if you need appointment.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They will issued until January 29th according to a memo immigration issued on November 24th. It will be in the news section shortley. It was due to end tomorrow the 30th at midnight.

Do you mean that people can get a new covid extension in january ? thanks.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:11 AM, 2530Ubon said:

It makes no sense that there's been no announcement as there are hundreds of thousands of people on these extensions. I suppose i'll find out a bit closer to the 30th of December.

If it's true, I will be talking to them about the fact they charged me 3,900 baht already and told me I would receive another extension taking me to Feb 2021. Hopefully ubonjoe is correct as usual.

Let us know how that goes. 

6 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Thanks, but as far as I can see that letter says nothing about extensions to end march.

The article speculates, but nothing concrete confirming and other extension.

In fact, as far as I can see it only confirms what has been already happening.

Not that im surprised. Clarity is overrated.

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Thanks, but as far as I can see that letter says nothing about extensions to end march.

The article speculates, but nothing concrete confirming and other extension.

In fact, as far as I can see it only confirms what has been already happening.

Not that im surprised. Clarity is overrated.

True. Be warned - some of the info' on Thaivisa is very helpful. But there is also a lot of inaccurate advice or just plain speculation. 

5 hours ago, n00dle said:

I assume you are writing about the immigration memorandum that is not a letter.

January 29th is the last day you can apply for the 60 day extension and that is what it is mostly about. It was due to end on November 30th and they extended it to January. 

If you apply in January you will get a permit to stay until March.

42 minutes ago, MangoRice said:

What about people here on tourist visas that expired Nov. 30. Can they apply for the 2 month visa until Jan. if they didn’t go to immigration on or before the 30th?

I am sure their tourist visas expired long ago unless they recently entered the country on the new tourist visa. I assume their permit to stay ended on the 30th or before.

After the 30th they are on an overstay unless their permit to stay in the country ended before then. They might be able to apply for a extension this week or next after paying the 500 baht a day overstay fine.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure their tourist visas expired long ago unless they recently entered the country on the new tourist visa. I assume their permit to stay ended on the 30th or before.

After the 30th they are on an overstay unless their permit to stay in the country ended before then. They might be able to apply for a extension this week or next after paying the 500 baht a day overstay fine.

Thank you

Archived