Help!! Get rid of all these 100;s of spam-mail about keto....

glegolo

Can somebody help me to enlighten me how to get rid of receiving all these stupid Keto-mails that is coming in about 100 of them each day. I am subscribeing to the forum of VISA, and by that I can NOT block it out. OR CAN I????

Glegolo

59 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Can somebody help me to enlighten me how to get rid of receiving all these stupid Keto-mails that is coming in about 100 of them each day.

What email provider, or computer client software, are you using.

...for instance, gmail has 'filters' where you can auto forward messages containing keywords to a special folder or direct them to junk or trash

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not coming from Thai visa.

Moved to here for input on how to block spam emails.

No that is correct, BUT they are coming to me VIA Thaivisa.com

So in that sence, they are actually coming from Thaivisa.com to me....

right??

So this IS a issue that thaivisa.com should try to solve, they are using YOUR website and distributing spam to your members... So I can see you avoiding at least a bit of responsibility here...

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

13 minutes ago, RichCor said:

What email provider, or computer client software, are you using.

...for instance, gmail has 'filters' where you can auto forward messages containing keywords to a special folder or direct them to junk or trash

I am using hotmail.com

glegolo

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I know of other users of hotmail that are being inundated with torrents of spam messages, maybe time to switch to a different mail format...

May I ask you then plse... Are you a SUBSCRIBER of this forum (VISA-forum) at thaivisa.com?

and you do not have this kind of problem at all???

Plse confirm so that I know that the problem really is my own, and not enamating from Thaivisa.com..

Quite funny though,, the sender of ALL these emails to me (spam) are:

From:Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation <[email protected]>

And this is my fault..... I actually fail to see my fault here...

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

53 minutes ago, glegolo said:

No that is correct, BUT they are coming to me VIA Thaivisa.com

So in that sence, they are actually coming from Thaivisa.com to me...

I am not getting any spam on my Yahoo email account where I get message notifications and new topics posted from Thai Visa.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not getting any spam on my Yahoo email account where I get message notifications and new topics posted from Thai Visa.

So it sounds like hotmail.com is the bad thing here... AND the emails all are coming from www.thaivisa.com. Maybe I have to create a new email maybe yahoo or gmail and subscribe as a new member????

But interesting that ONLY me of all people here, are getting all these emails every <deleted> day. One of these emails can look like this:

Hi glegolo,
hagncbjukd has posted a topic, How To Handle Every Fast Burn Keto United Kingdom Challenge With Ease Using These Tips

Posted in Thai visas, residency and work permits
How To Handle Every Fast Burn Keto United Kingdom Challenge With Ease Using These Tips
Fast Burn Keto United Kingdom:- In the event that you truly considering hoping to lose the weight fifty-fifty every month and glancing lose creep...
Go to this Topic

— Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

I had one hotmail account for a number of years and it started receiving spam/junk email. I tried marking them as junk and to stop them coming by reporting the spam to MS and blocking them but that only made it worse, in the end I was receiving about 100 junk emails per day and eventually just deleted the hotmail/outlook account. Check on the internet about blocking junk spam email in outlook/hotmail....it seems to make the problem worse.

I receive the occasional junk email in my other hotmail account but I never mark them as junk or report them to MS and it seems to be under control.

My Gmail and yahoomail accounts never have any problem with junk email.

Edited by userabcd

13 minutes ago, glegolo said:

One of these emails can look like this:

Hi glegolo,
hagncbjukd has posted a topic, How To Handle Every Fast Burn Keto United Kingdom Challenge With Ease Using These Tips

By Following a Forum you agree to be sent a notifications when new content is posted. Unfortunately ThaiVisa doesn't pre-screen editor content prior to posting, so when spammers create new accounts and add their posts then disappear, those posts get added to your daily content.

If the forum users don't report posted spam quickly and the MODs have yet to find and remove the spam posts early enough then the forum automatic collection routine will collect the new posts, including the spam posts, as part of the content sent to subscribed users.  You should find that the actual spam posts no longer show on the forum, but this removal can occur after the collection routine ran.

Suggestion: create a Gmail account to use with your existing ThaiVisa account. Have gmail filter all messages containing the unique spam keywords and send them to trash (or spam), then forward the messages (remaining) onward to your hotmail account.

• Thanks 1

My guess is that your hotmail account contains your ThaiVisa username. The spammers have harvested your name from here and depending on your email settings if you open and email from a spammer and it loads images (downloaded from their server) they then know they have a live account to spam.

32 minutes ago, glegolo said:

So it sounds like hotmail.com is the bad thing here... AND the emails all are coming from www.thaivisa.com. Maybe I have to create a new email maybe yahoo or gmail and subscribe as a new member????

But interesting that ONLY me of all people here, are getting all these emails every <deleted> day. One of these emails can look like this:

Hi glegolo,

How To Handle Every Fast Burn Keto United Kingdom Challenge With Ease Using These Tips
Fast Burn Keto United Kingdom:- In the event that you truly considering hoping to lose the weight fifty-fifty every month and glancing lose creep...
Go to this Topic

— Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

Maybe you need to change your notification settings?

Go to your profile page to the Settings page,:

image.png.57d7a9b89633c10819680eb5bd3cd8ad.png

Click on that Notification Settings then:

image.png.0cc388a6859f98230061dae4abef1583.png

image.png.2f85dfd22236229fa91b73c3f75f4a2d.png

Make sure the Email box is blank, maybe this will stop those email notifications. 

My thaivisa email is also Hotmail and I have never received any spam of any kind - but I do not directly view Hotmail (very little activity) and use Gmail account to view it.  But not getting any spam in my Gmail account from forum.

31 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Many thanks guys for your great help. I have already created a new email, lets see if that works, if not I will go to gmail even though I hate that supplier of emails..

Thanks again

Glegolo

Didn´t work at all.. Have already received 3 emails from Keto or rather FROM Thaivisa.com itself... So it is impossible for me more to have email-notifications running and to be updated from this particular forum.....

But really interesting that NOBODY have mentioned that they too have this problem. it is just me???? 

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

But really interesting that NOBODY have mentioned that they tooo have this problem. it is just me???? Sorry guys I do NOT believe you at all...

That is not very friendly response to those trying to help.  ????

But I have never used email notifications as they are listed on website so that might be your issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Didn´t work at all.. Have already received 3 emails from Keto or rather FROM Thaivisa.com itself... So it is impossible for me more to have email-notifications running and to be updated from this particular forum.....

But really interesting that NOBODY have mentioned that they tooo have this problem. it is just me???? Sorry guys I do NOT believe you at all...

glegolo

THEY don't follow the 'forum'.  They only get notifications on standard forum topics they've created, commented or were mentioned in.

If you unfollowed the FORUM these would stop. They are notifications from forum spammers (whose posts are removed minutes or tens-of-minutes after being posted) and will almost certainly be included in any follow 'Forum' notification.

Personally, I use the forum "Activity Streams" I customized to follow the forums of interest in real time so I don't have to put up with being constantly 'notified' when am not actively interacting with the site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

Hi glegolo,

That is not spam. That is a notice of a topic that was posted on the forum. That was removed shortly after it was posted.

The poster has been banned from the forum and if you click the link to it you will get this message since it was deleted as soon as the poster of it was flagged as a spammer.

image.png.cd4e5ae776079ac98fd6a1ba7264abdf.png

I doubt you get hundreds of them though. If there was that many of them the mods would have no time to do anything else due to spending so much time flagging them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not spam. That is a notice of a topic that was posted on the forum. That was removed shortly after it was posted.

The poster has been banned from the forum and if you click the link to it you will get this message since it was deleted as soon as the poster of it was flagged as a spammer.

image.png.cd4e5ae776079ac98fd6a1ba7264abdf.png

hahahaha that is not spam??? To me it is spam, these emails comes like I say in hundreds every day.... and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the VISA-forum.

glegolo

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

hahahaha that is not spam??? To me it is spam, these emails comes like I say in hundreds every day.... and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the VISA-forum.

It is not spam since you selected to follow the visa forum and you get a email for for all new topics. How many forums are you following.

You might be getting a lot of emails but very few of them are the spam topics posted. Perhaps select to get a daily summary of new topics in your notifications settings.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not spam since you selected to follow the visa forum and you get a email for for all new topics. How many forums are you following.

You might be getting a lot of emails but very few of them are the spam topics posted. Perhaps select to get a daily summary of new topics in your notifications settings.

I am just following YOUR forum, the forum about VISAS, no more.

glegolo

Well as much as you may not want to hear it, it seems its something you have done in your settings somewhere. I follow several forums and topics as a Mod and I dont get ONE of the emails you describe, nothing at all. I see m9st of the spam topics that posted and with other team members remove them usually within minutes. There is absolutely no way there are 00's or even several dozens in an average day.

Sorry you have this issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glegolo said:
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am just following YOUR forum, the forum about VISAS, no more.

glegolo

Glegolo,

If when following a FORUM you select "A notification when new content is posted" you WILL receive the unwanted spam posts (if the post is still present when the forum notification routine runs). There is NO avoiding this.  

Please open the VISA Forum and choose either (1) another notification option, OR (2) "Unfollow" the VISA Forum altogether.

image.png.ac37c6609e41b35735af4c67f802dfee.png

image.png.1aae68554a823ef6caab348d63424bbd.png

The alternative is (3) to change the email associated with ThaiVisa Forum to a gmail account and use the manually set gmail option to FILTER incoming messages by matching unwanted keywords to move those message to TRASH before forwarding onward to your hotmail email account.  This third optiom would be on you, knowing that *some* unwanted thaivisa notification message might make it through to your hotmail while some wanted thaivisa messages might not make it through because someone included one of your filter trigger keywords.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichCor said:

Glegolo,

If when following a FORUM you select "A notification when new content is posted" you WILL receive the unwanted spam posts (if the post is still present when the forum notification routine runs). There is NO avoiding this.  

Please open the VISA Forum and choose either (1) another notification option, OR (2) "Unfollow" the VISA Forum altogether.

image.png.ac37c6609e41b35735af4c67f802dfee.png

image.png.1aae68554a823ef6caab348d63424bbd.png

The alternative is (3) to change the email associated with ThaiVisa Forum to a gmail account and use the manually set gmail option to FILTER incoming messages by matching unwanted keywords to move those message to TRASH before forwarding onward to your hotmail email account.  This third optiom would be on you, knowing that *some* unwanted thaivisa notification message might make it through to your hotmail while some wanted thaivisa messages might not make it through because someone included one of your filter trigger keywords.

OK this is great Thank you, I shall do this definitely, choose a dayly summary.... I have actually already changed email-adress/provider for 5 hrs ago, to Yahoo and have not received a single "Keto"-<deleted>-email thus far.... yet.....    So maybe I am on the right track now, and hope that other also can solve their problems if having the very same one.

thanks again guys,

glegolo

A small update for those of you that maybe are helped by it.... I did change my emailaddress that was connected to Thaivia.com.... But so far I did NOT change notifications as suggested. That thing I will keep if problem araise again.

Because. I have not had a single one KETO-<deleted>-email so far since I did this last night...... I hope it holds....

glegolo

New update now further 2 hours later, these spam-mails from thaivisa.com, just came back now 6 of them.... So I did just now change notifications, and try the alternative with one daily summary kind of thing. and hopefully I can limit this annoying <deleted> to happen at least only one time every day.

glegolo