Cannabis Removed from Drug List

snoop1130

5 hours ago, metisdead said:

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed.  

It has been observed that some posts are getting a bit uncivil, please comply with this forum rule when posting:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed and will continue to be removed from this point.  Continue to post in inflammatory or insulting manner and warnings will be issued. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RocketDog said:

'fine' is a very subjective term. 

Your 'fine' may be a cloistered, drab, and boring existence for another person who is open to new experiences and willing to search for 'finer' things. Many people who live quite differently from you also think they have a fine life. Get it? 

In any event, you are attempting to force your definition on every person on earth. Not cool. Just another form of bigotry. 

You are welcome to embrace your life. Why not extend that courtesy to others? 

And yet you questioned why I'd never tried it. Pot, kettle, black. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alyx said:

I am confused: what is the difference between "sick people" and "sick minded": they are both sick and they both "need" it, so the "only" applies to both categories. I therefore take it, from what you are writing,  that you are pro-legalisation of this plant. Correct ? 

Yeah well lots of stalkers here and you are correct to correct my reply.

All I have been trying to say if they legalize cannabis for medical use it opens the doors to other users. 

It should be kept illegal except for medical use which is what understand that they doing. 

Both the female and male plants start flowering when daylight starts diminishing (except auto flowering plants) so when the flowers appear the growers are breaking the law?The government gives itself special permission to grow flowering plants yet even those who get permission cannot grow the plants legally because they will flower hence making criminals even of those who get permission from the so called government.Seems a bit paranoid to me of a plant that has no recorded overdose deaths.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Why don't you let it go and stop quoting me on my opinion.

It will be set up for medical use that the only use it's good for.

You are wrong. Many people use it as a social thing, just like with beer and other alcoholic beverages. You know one thing. They do that without being sick. If you have another opinion than you are probably sick when you take a beer, a glas of wine or a drink. Or what do you say about that. Is alcohol use just something that people relax with? Now do you understand the similarity?

• Like 1

I have heard this argument many times, that marijuana is good for sick patients but yet to find it myself. I have been taking cbd oil from the local hospital as I have chronic lower back pains. I started out in their prescribed dose as I was told that it would ease the pain or, if lucky enough, stop the pain altogether, no such luck I’m afraid and the pain is a chronic pain that is 24/7. I wanted to experiment and thought that a little more would be needed so I took a few more drops then a few more until finally I was at 3x the prescribed drops, still not an iota of pain relief and no other effects either which included sleeping better as, in the night when I turn over, pain shoots through my back and legs and wakes me up. I hope hat others do get relief from their pains using this but can only report on my own findings.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:26 PM, Kwasaki said:

It should stay illegal except for medical use IMO.

Cambodia agrees with this. They need the tax money. Why does the whole world follow America's stupid drug laws which originated with a racist pig named Anslinger?  Here's some good information for those who may not know much about the history of marijuana prohibition.     https://medium.com/equityorg/reefer-madness-the-racist-roots-of-marijuana-prohibition-37b9e7fb7d6c

Edited by KhunFred
Clarity
  • Like 2

Please do not quote me anymore on this thread on my opinion.

I have made it clear what is my position on the Thai govt decision.

To make it legal for a scheme to supply to hospitals and clinics etc only will be a good thing. 

On 11/25/2020 at 9:39 PM, Kwasaki said:

I don't like any drugs of this kind I believe they lead people to progress to worse drugs.

I seen it happen to people I knew in England and it did not end well.

It's just a mild natural drug, if you want heavy drugs and addictive drugs, go see your doctor or local smack dealer. People take drugs just because they want to. I never saw someone use heroin to help with withdrawal symptom's from cannabis but I have known lots of people use dope to help from smack, coke and vallies!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

It should be kept illegal except for medical use which is what understand that they doing. 

Not exactly, and I admit its hard to keep track but...this article refers to hemp production (high fibre, nearly no THC or CBD), so more of an agricultural/industrial program. This de-listing of plant parts is just some convoluted way to satisfy campaign promises (sort of) and pave the way for small scale growers to become legally indentured.

Official medical cannabis production, for both THC and CBD, is done under strict controls in government/university (and some private) light-dep facilities, under approvals from MoPH and GPO. Maejo University in Chiang Rai has one of the largest facilities.

Cannabis remains a category 5 narcotic, with commensurate punishments under both the Narcotics Act 2522 (1979) and the Psychotropic Substances Act 2518 (1975)

For Cannabis Under Category 5:

From 2-15 years imprisonment and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation
From 2-10 years imprisonment or a fine of 40,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. If the quantity is over 10 kilograms, the penalty is increased to a maximum of 15 years and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht
Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession
Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

Not sure what's up with Kratom, also a Cat 5 narcotic? That was supposed to be legalized. As of a few months ago that one was in a similar trek towards decriminalization. It will never be legalized.

Cannabis will be legalized (decriminalized, recreational, home-grown, et al.) here right after the first snowfall.

Interestingly enough seeds remain legal. You can import, buy and sell any cannabis seeds legally. Amazed this loop-hole hasn't been closed.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Keesters said:

And yet you questioned why I'd never tried it. Pot, kettle, black. 

Ah, but I never proposed that you should be required by law to try it. You advocate that use should be restricted based on your own beliefs about something you admit complete ignorance of.

Also, in my initial reply to your post I did not question WHY you didn't try it but whether you had. Clearly the implication was that if you did try it you might change your view. From the tone of your post I knew you wouldn't so it was a gentle way of mocking your self-righteous attitude. Your reaction spoke volumes. 

Some women and babies die in childbirth. Tattoos often cause infections, some life - threatening. Should we restrict that to prevent harm? The list is endless. 

I'm not a Libertarian but think part of their creed makes sense. People should be able to do what they want with the body they are born with as long as their actions don't harm another. That includes what they ingest, abortion, suicide, etc. 

You won't change your mind and neither will I. Ever so will there be a group/type of person who wishes to control others behavior to comply with their own beliefs. Religions are the most egregious and harmful examples of this. Countless people have suffered death or harm at the hands of such zealots. 

Fini

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Not exactly, and I admit its hard to keep track but...this article refers to hemp production (high fibre, nearly no THC or CBD), so more of an agricultural/industrial program. This de-listing of plant parts is just some convoluted way to satisfy campaign promises (sort of) and pave the way for small scale growers to become legally indentured.

Official medical cannabis production, for both THC and CBD, is done under strict controls in government/university (and some private) light-dep facilities, under approvals from MoPH and GPO. Maejo University in Chiang Rai has one of the largest facilities.

Cannabis remains a category 5 narcotic, with commensurate punishments under both the Narcotics Act 2522 (1979) and the Psychotropic Substances Act 2518 (1975)

For Cannabis Under Category 5:

From 2-15 years imprisonment and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation
From 2-10 years imprisonment or a fine of 40,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. If the quantity is over 10 kilograms, the penalty is increased to a maximum of 15 years and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht
Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession
Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

Not sure what's up with Kratom, also a Cat 5 narcotic? That was supposed to be legalized. As of a few months ago that one was in a similar trek towards decriminalization. It will never be legalized.

Cannabis will be legalized (decriminalized, recreational, home-grown, et al.) here right after the first snowfall.

Interestingly enough seeds remain legal. You can import, buy and sell any cannabis seeds legally. Amazed this loop-hole hasn't been closed.

Thank for one the the most sensible quote to me posting here. 

Interesting stuff thanks.