Cannabis Removed from Drug List

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, Donga said:

Most cannabis smokers don't become drug addicts, just like most beer drinkers don't become alcoholics.
Cannabis induces a relaxing, pleasant feeling. Alcohol does too, but tends to more volatile. So even with non-alcoholics, intoxication can cause much more harm in disputes, violence and driving accidents. No comparison in societal harm.
The experience of Portugal, Canada and recent US states that have legalized cannabis is overwhelmingly positive.
Don't be afraid of recreational cannabis, though agree with ramr - ideally don't want the super strong stuff being choofed. Not necessary, and just like too much alcohol in one sitting, it doesn't make sense either.

No matter what people think that use it, I still will standby what I think.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ramr said:

Yet you've never seen alcohol ruin lives?

I can understand it's really rough seeing people you know and people you care about go down the tubes, but does your math add up?

Because the statistics don't even put cannabis in the same galaxy as alcohol, risk-wise, much less the same league.

Is that so?

Which drugs are linked to drugged driving?

After alcohol, marijuana is the drug most often found in the blood of drivers involved in crashes.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ramr said:

I know we've been butting heads so far, but yeah, I get it.  Schizophrenia is a risk with cannabis.  The risk is quite small, BUT the following increase the risk:

1.  being in the small percentage of people with an underlying susceptibility to schizophrenia or similar mental problems

2.  high-THC percentage (i.e. the stronger product that has been developed over the past few years)

3.  frequent smoking

4.  starting young

For these reasons, I would favor legalization with an age limit of 20-25 (to put it bluntly, but lovingly: kids are idiots, and their brains are still developing), and possibly limiting the THC% strength in recreational cannabis.  I would also favor education about responsible use, rather than using the scare tactics of the past.

And yes, the schizophrenia thing has happened to a friend of mine, and heavy cannabis use was just one of many factors involved.  He doesn't blame the cannabis or think it should be illegal.

Self-destructive people will always find a way to self-destruct.  

I agree with the premises but that would never work. Even in the Netherlands there's a huge black market for weed, and if you try to limit the THC % for the one sold legally, you'll be able to get more % in the black market.

I used to be a smoker myself back in the day but I'm not sure if I agree with legalization. I have seen too many lifes destroyed by it. The gateway drug thing is real, and if you deny it and have ever smoked before regularly and knew people who do so, then you're either lying or a fool. Most people will give it a puff or too occasionally and for those no problem. But the heavy smokers quickly graduate into other drugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Donga said:

Don't be afraid of recreational cannabis, though agree with ramr - ideally don't want the super strong stuff being choofed

Agree, absolutely; but already higher preparations & ingestibles are produced. 

Perhaps one day, an injectable form will be available....?

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That is still illegal 7 fortunately. You can grow the plant but it apparently must be budless.  Hemp only.  Time to use alcohol on the leaves and trim and make some hash.  Squeeze out the stalks and stems and make some Butane Honey oil.  

What's the 7 for? Is it on some government schedule 7? That's my guess. Otherwise, 'splain? 

1 hour ago, LawrenceN said:

What's the 7 for? Is it on some government schedule 7? That's my guess. Otherwise, 'splain? 

Typo, 7 shouldn't have been there, never saw it before.....lol, it should have read unfortunately, not 7 fortunately.  clarified, I think I heard it from a friend.....

Edited by ThailandRyan

This thread has me considering swapping alcohol for cannabis (if they legalise it - no way I will break Thai law), which I have never tried.

Question - is there an equivalent with weed to blackouts/brownouts caused by too much alcohol, ie forgetting large portions of what you said, did and with who the night before? Not being sarcastic.

Edited by Saltire

10 hours ago, ramr said:

The devil's in the details and the definition, pardner.  The problem I have with that is trusting the government (especially this one) to define "sick."  Let's not even talk about once the pharmaceutical industry gets their grubby paws on it to "help" the government decide on the definition...and of course who is allowed to sell it exclusively. 

The various implementations tried in other countries of playing games with doctor's notes is generally bulls**t....once legal for medical use, the product can find its way into the recreational grey market, so let's just act like adults and not waste everybody's time with the charade, OK?

If we don't do it with alcohol, something with measurably much worse societal health effects and costs, we shouldn't do it with cannabis.  

A real head-scratcher why so many people feel threatened by this.  And I mean "feel," since there doesn't appear to be much logic or even pragmatism guiding the emotion.

The fact that cannabis--in contrast to alcohol and almost every other drug--does not have a measurable lethal dose should tell you a lot.  Hell, most legal, prescribed pharmaceuticals have a lethal dose.  Freakin' ibuprofen has a lethal dose.  

That's right no  Lethal dose  Cannabis stays in your system for 6 weeks unlike other drugs what are flushed out in days this is because the body does not see it as a poison.

• Thanks 1