Brexit could affect economy for longer than COVID - BoE's Saunders

snoop1130

20 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

who are those 5 unelected chieftains?

CEC chief

Paliament chief

Council chief

and ? and ?

Ahh bless, do keep up. if you don't know or have any idea then there is no point in even telling you.

I suppose you were trying to be funny but failed miserably.

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:
On 11/30/2020 at 10:19 AM, welovesundaysatspace said:

Would you mind showing me the specific law according to which a member state cannot hold a referendum without EU approval?

If you think that a law holds the power and the EU do not have influence then you need to get a big hat with a big letter on it.

???? Here was me thinking we held a referendum, triggered Article 50 and left the EU at midnight on 31/1/20!

Can't have done, because according to you the EU have the power to forbid it! :crazy:

Edited by 7by7
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 8:55 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

There are numerous accounts documented where one of the 5 unelected Presidents of the EU

There are actually three persons with the title of president in the EU.

1) European Parliament president; elected by MEPs who are in turn elected by their constituents.

2)  European Council president; elected by the Council, which is made up of the government leaders of the member countries.

3) European Commission president; not elected per se, I'll grant you. They are appointed by the Council and the appointment is approved by MEPs; who are elected.

There is also the Presidency of the Council of the EU; but this is not an individual. The post is held by each member state on a 6 monthly rotation.

So who is your fifth and how are they appointed?