Pollution and Covid-19

Tarteso

Watch out Thailand!  Studies link Covid-19 with high levels of pollution.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2258774-air-pollution-linked-to-greater-risk-of-dying-from-covid-19-in-the-us/

With the serious problem that Thailand suffers related to high levels of pollution, it seems that in the coming months with the arrival of smog season, there would be more risks of contagion.

Edited by Tarteso
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2258774-air-pollution-linked-to-greater-risk-of-dying-from-covid-19-in-the-us/

With the serious problem that Thailand suffers related to high levels of pollution, it seems that in the coming months with the arrival of smog season, there would be more risks of contagion.

Did we not have high pollution levels during the 1st wave? I do believe so. And was there a serious outbreak of Covid 19? I don't think so.

So why should there be any great risk of a serious outbreak this time? Especially now that the country is well prepared.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

And was there a serious outbreak of Covid 19? I don't think so.

Did  you really know the REAL numbers of infected and dead in Thailand in the first wave?

Remember;  "No Test, No Case".

Edited by Tarteso

5 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I didn't suffer from the usual smokey period here in the Rai this year.I have noticed that the amount of traffic is significantly lower though .Also the borders are still more or less closed, so maybe less pollution.

5 hours ago, KC 71 said:

I didn't suffer from the usual smokey period here in the Rai this year.I have noticed that the amount of traffic is significantly lower though .Also the borders are still more or less closed, so maybe less pollution.

It’s not the traffic, IMO, the problem in smog season come from burning lands and forest. Also   China,  where the East winds cover Thailand with very high levels of Pollution. Last year, a few cities in North became the worsts in the world ranking. The borders can be closed but the traffic of ilegal migrants from Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar is daily running and there nobody is tested. 

78083315-5E3A-4539-974C-E513B7E6F850.jpeg

FB607E37-D460-444E-8EB3-3E35F4FAA71C.jpeg

Edited by Tarteso

12 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Did  you really know the REAL numbers of infected and dead in Thailand in the first wave?

Remember;  "No Test, No Case".

Still trotting out the same old hackneyed  idea I see.

It is becoming rather boring now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Still trotting out the same old hackneyed  idea I see.

It is becoming rather boring now.

I see; No social empathy and just your opinion is valid.  mmmm. Avoid me..this is my opinion. Respect the others.????

Edited by Tarteso
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1