Virologist says it will be difficult for 40m Thais to get COVID-19 vaccine in 2021

webfact

The Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine has to be non-profit because they used public money.

Although it may not be as effective as some of the other vaccines that have hit the headlines it is easier to store and cheaper to produce so bodes well for the poorer countries.

As our bodies adapt to this new threat it will become like the winter flu is.

In 1918 the Spanish flu killed 500 million people, 1/3 of the world's population and now it is just a flu that we get an annual injection for.

Edited by ThaIrish Sean
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Problem about vaccine is that it need so low temperature to preserve! How you haddle that in coundry's like Thailand. Im going to take that right away if it give me relief about visa issue! Germany maybe start give vaccine already next month! Here in Finland they now think first vaccine starst to give is early next year.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Problem about vaccine is that it need so low temperature to preserve! How you haddle that in coundry's like Thailand. Im going to take that right away if it give me relief about visa issue! Germany maybe start give vaccine already next month! Here in Finland they now think first vaccine starst to give is early next year.

I think Pfizer requires - 70 celcius, and Moderna - 20 celcius, but not Astrazenecas, which is the one Thailand will produce, so Thailand should be home free.  

Plus an article on TV said thailand could produce 200 million doses a year so if production starts in January they should have the required amount of doses by end of June.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

aits goes without saying that logistically it would be very difficult to get so many people vaccinated in one year whatmore in a country that spread wide and far with many rural communities, but to start that must and so far Thailand fared very well in keeping the virus at bay...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Virt said:

I think Pfizer requires - 70 celcius, and Moderna - 20 celcius, but not Astrazenecas, which is the one Thailand will produce, so Thailand should be home free.  

Plus an article on TV said thailand could produce 200 million doses a year so if production starts in January they should have the required amount of doses by end of June.

Psst. Dry Ice is enough for Sputnik V. and .... 95% effective ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

because at least 80 million doses would be required.

Assuming one injection per worker could be given every 5 minutes ( allowing for breaks and meals ) in an 8 hour working day that's ( by my calculation ) 84 injections ( tell me if I'm wrong ).

Someone better at maths than I can work out how many workers would be needed to give 80 million doses in one year.

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Don't be so negative. 7-Eleven will get this done. Just wait for it

quite right .astra will do it for the world.theres the china one too thats already beig used and seen to be effective,they will give that to their stellites and use as a form of diplomacy so more millions jabbed asap

2 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Assuming an individual works 320 day/year, in one year, at that rate, they could do 26,880 injections.  At that rate, 80 million injections would require 2,976 people.  Given that Thailand has 77 provinces (including Bangkok), that's 39 medical workers per province.  Seems eminently feasible.

When I was in the military they injected us with one of those needless pressure guns. If they can use them for the corona vaccine they could do hundreds in a day if they just lined everyone up. Depends on how the vaccine has to be given.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Well there are problems; 

After Admitting Mistake, AstraZeneca Faces Difficult Questions About Its Vaccine

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/25/business/coronavirus-vaccine-astrazeneca-oxford.html

Lesser biased reports of questions  raised about AstraZeneca's  vaccine trial administration reveal that the "mistakes" indicate a fortuitous result rather than a problem.

Unfortunately there is an element of jealous "competition" due to the potential revenues desired by some developers especially when that desire is threatened by success of a more cost effective or  non profit alternative developed at  greater than "Warp Speed" !

• Like 1

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

Lesser biased reports of questions  raised about AstraZeneca's  vaccine trial administration reveal that the "mistakes" indicate a fortuitous result rather than a problem.

Unfortunately there is an element of jealous "competition" due to the potential revenues desired by some developers especially when that desire is threatened by success of a more cost effective or  non profit alternative developed at  greater than "Warp Speed" !

Ah so you are blaming all this on jealous competitors?!  That is the best deflection/excuse you can muster?  ????    I hope they succeed, as does everyone. That said, the Russian vaccine is MIA, with Count Vlad not touting it in recent weeks.. The Chinese is out after the Brazilian deaths. 

This is not going to be easy. Sorry to disturb you with a reality check. Now, back to your patch of sand and re-insert head.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Ah so you are blaming all this on jealous competitors?!  That is the best deflection/excuse you can muster?  ????    I hope they succeed, as does everyone. That said, the Russian vaccine is MIA, with Count Vlad not touting it in recent weeks.. The Chinese is out after the Brazilian deaths. 

This is not going to be easy. Sorry to disturb you with a reality check. Now, back to your patch of sand and re-insert head.

Russians are still in production fase, and parrallel to that developing a dry ice version. They only have to lean back till the West asks for it ... on their knees.

The Chinese made and applied one million vaccinations already ...

Edited by Jack Mountain
applied added
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Very strange and stressed response ! What and where  blaming? What excuse? My response was based on the  reporting source and content of opinions referred to. Other sources of reporting on the AstraZenica questions about trialing events are more factual than derogatory as to outcome. The Russian vaccine trials are still underway, not MIA. The Chinese trials have recommenced in Brazil following an investigation over a volunteers death was found to be unrelated to the vaccine.  China  is currently trialing  4 vaccines in several countries.

Perhaps the need for a reality  check  belongs with  yourself? Maybe  a need to lose the faded MAGA  hat and the Stars&Stripes glasses ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

aits goes without saying that logistically it would be very difficult to get so many people vaccinated in one year whatmore in a country that spread wide and far with many rural communities, but to start that must and so far Thailand fared very well in keeping the virus at bay...

Don’t forget that all these communities have local government medical clinics that currently facilitate vaccinations flu etc.