What is it really like to stay in an Alternative State Quarantine in Thailand?

14 hours ago, AmySeeker said:

Once they have a vaccine in circulation middle of next year we may well see some changes. 

We hope anyways. 

It is not going to suddenly disappear. Even with the vaccine the virus will be circulating. I would guess Thailand won't see any significant amount of tourism until 2022 at least due to restrictions remaining in place. I hope I am wrong but this thing will keep dragging on much longer than many have thought.

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somebody should have a word with the picture editor, it's hardly relevant

No beer No Ladies. Most people only get a few weeks holiday a year. spend it mostly in quarantine Why bother coming here.           

ARE thai people required to take a covid test 72 hours to flights back to Thailand.     How are so many foriegnets testing positive in quarantine?   Getting it on the flight?

Posted Images

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Same I spoke to a guy after first negative test he could go to the gym and pool with appointment only.

He may go to the pool - but he won't be allowed in the water. 

Some hotels were putting exercise machines outdoors for a while, but this has now been stopped - after it was deemed to risky with the risk of it not being throughly cleaned. 

Considering that Europe, and especially Canada and the USA are now getting their 2nd or

3rd waves,  and the numbers are not great. I suspect that mass tourism will not take place

for at least 2 to 3 years. I do believe that the cautious countries like Thailand will have

have the 2 weeks quarantine in place for longer than just 2021. I am hoping to go to Thailand

in the Winter of 2021, but am more likely to go in the Winter of 2022, just because of

this and other limiting factors.  I believe that the rules will get a bit adjusted to help

the tourists between now and 2022

Geezer

Thailand admits Chinese without quarantine! and where did it start? in china and they have no covid infection 😄😄😄
but dirty farang should be quarantined and they think we want to spend money in their country haha forget it !!!

//suuki

44 minutes ago, suuki said:

Thailand admits Chinese without quarantine! and where did it start? in china and they have no covid infection 😄😄😄
but dirty farang should be quarantined and they think we want to spend money in their country haha forget it !!!

//suuki

China have COVID ‘under control’ same as Thailand ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, suuki said:

are you sure?

That’s what they are telling us, do you believe them, I do think that as their citizens are more ‘controlled’ and ‘disciplined’ they adhere to all the rules and regulations.

in the U.K. in general people are flouting the rules and regulations as they know there is no one to enforce them, discipline doesn’t exist,  In my town 90000 population, number of Police on the streets at any time 9 !

I am currently sitting in ASQ Hotel. I have arrived on 16th November coming from FRA - DXB - BKK.
The requirements are, that I could checkin was, that I must have a Certificate of Entry from the Royal Thai Embassy, a PCR-Test not older then 72h at arrivel time, a Fit-to-Fly Certificate and a confirmed ASQ Hotel booking,
All these was closely checked before I got checked-in in FRA. Took almost 1/2h for each of the passengers to checkin. Same check of documents at the gate and again on the layover connection gate in DXB.
There was a big tumult with some indian passengers, they got rejected from entering the flight DXB - BKK. If I have had it understood right, their PCR-Test would have been expired for 2 hours at the arrivel in BKK.
At arrivel in BKK you got greeted from hundreds of staff all in full protection gears and then guided to another check of all your documents. You had to march and standing in file like a chain-gang. All surrounded from military and police.
After this check we got guided from the gate to the immigration, I have tried to make some pictures, but got caught from one of these hundreds of staff.
immediately one of the immigration officers came to me and insist that I must delete all the picture I have taken. He also wanted to check the memory on my phone. The statement was, if I reject I couldn't pass the immigration.
No signs at all that it is prohibit to make photos of the clown show on the way to the immigration desk.But anyway, they are on the upper hand if you want to enter the country.
After picking my laggage and following the guidance on the floor I came to the ASQ pickup point on Gate 9. There already some guys from the hotel was waiting for me. All my laggage got waiped with alcohol before it got loaded into the taxi. Before entering the taxi I had to remove my shoes and pack it into a bag.
In the car they had this plastic divider to separate the driver from the passenger.
Arrived at the hotel, again everyone was in full proctection gears, my documents got checked again and then I got to my room.
After 5 days I had my first PCR-Test until then no personal contact. They bring you the food to your door, ring the bell, then you have to wait a moment for pick it up. The only communication is by LINE.
After the first negative test result came on day 6, I have now 45 minutes yard walk scheduled that you are alone. No pool or gym use possible.
Today is the 12th day and I got my second PCR-Test sample taken. I will see tomorrow what is the result. In the news I have read that on the same flight one Pakistani was tested positive. So maybe it will be a big surprice for me too. I have no symptom at all, but you don't know what they are doing with your sample.

Hopefully everything goes well and I will be released on 1st December.

• Like 1