Installing Submersible Pump in Tank

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Don’t reduce the size of the pipe. It’s a mistake to think that reduced size will maintain the pressure. There is a thread here some time ago where the poster had done that but had to dig out the supply pipes and increase the size back to all the same to allow good flow to all the sprinklers.

The supply pipes are 2", but the mini-sprinkler already installed along the pool fence and a bit of the boundary fence is .5" black irrigation pipe tubing. It's on a 12 hr timer and split between the pool fence plants for 20 min, then boundary fence for 20 min. Trouble is wifey needs more sprinklers for more plants and the 350 W pump supply on won't do it.

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

The supply pipes are 2", but the mini-sprinkler already installed along the pool fence and a bit of the boundary fence is .5" black irrigation pipe tubing. It's on a 12 hr timer and split between the pool fence plants for 20 min, then boundary fence for 20 min. Trouble is wifey needs more sprinklers for more plants and the 350 W pump supply on won't do it.

OK so it’s irritation tube not sprinklers, the same principle applies, if you put in a larger diameter irrigation tube your current pump will be able to supply a longer run of the tube. If you stay with the current diameter tube you will need a higher flow (possibly higher pressure as well) to power a longer run.

So it’s decision time, second pump or replace the tube.

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

OK so it’s irritation tube not sprinklers, the same principle applies, if you put in a larger diameter irrigation tube your current pump will be able to supply a longer run of the tube. If you stay with the current diameter tube you will need a higher flow (possibly higher pressure as well) to power a longer run.

So it’s decision time, second pump or replace the tube.

It's taken me 3 years to get the small sprinkler (they are sprinklers, different ones for different jobs) in. The plan was (6 years ago) to install all the 2" pipes in the area and then make up a 4 zone microprocessor controlled and valves to make it all work coming from the front bore pump. I did a lot of the research about 6 years ago. So I did get some 2" pipe in, but wine, women and song got in the road. Then because of the wine, women and song I had operation, operation and operation. 

So now it's past Plan C and we're up to Plan D. 🙂

It's like my aquaponic test kit, bought it a few years ago and now when I am getting round to using it, it's out of date .

• Like 1