Thailand praised for banning electronic cigarettes, protect youth becoming nicotine addicts

webfact

It means youngsters have to go back to real cigarettes in which tobacco monopoly Thailand wins.

Probably profits went down or they expect it?

The e cigarette is competitive with the cigarette?! It is "better" then the standard, as you dont inhale about 300 other substances, chemicals in the cigarette, which causes more problems.

Yha, i know nicotine is addictive, but harmful? No, the other substances are.

Nicotine ends up in your bloodstream and is brought to your brains, where receptors are responding on it.

Your lungs are the way to enter your body, but it has no big effect onto your lungs. It's more the tar which effects them.

You dont have tar with e cigarettes, neither benzene (cancer) or any other (300 ) chemicals.

In the mean time air pollution is growing out of hands and no one cares. (Old) diesels blowing black smoke out in the air, which have toxins, which kill you eventually. Also fine particles of burning  are no good.

Did Thailand do something about asbestos? Guess from the past there is a lot of it on houses as a roof or fences.

Most common material in the past to put on as a roof. The tiny needles of asbestos mix with air and comes into your lungs, which create cancer. Why these doctors dont mention that and make comments about that?!

Are the waste incinerators in Thailand with a washing installation for the smoke, as toxines arise and spread by air?!

What you want youngster to do in future? Step over to sniffing glue? Or latest inhaling laugh gas?

Or bring them to drinking alcohol? Or maybe step over to other drugs?  

Again this is a setup by docs to make name, maybe paid by Thai tobacco industry?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Perhaps Doctor Numpty should look elsewhere for some figures.

The UK anti smoking lobby (ASH) claims -

"The overall trend in tobacco use over time in both adults and children has been downwards from 2010 onwards when e-cigarette use became widespread among adult smokers and ex-smokers (see Appendix 2):

• Regular smoking (at least one cigarette a week) among children 11-15 years old in England was: 5% in 2010; 3.1% in 2014; and 2.7% in 2016, the most recent year for which there are data.

• Smoking prevalence among 16-18 year olds in England was 17.0% in 2010 falling to 12.0% in 2018.

• Smoking prevalence among adults 18 and over in the UK was 20.1% in 2010, falling to 15.1% in 2017.

The most rapid rate of decline since 2010 has been among 18-24 year olds, falling from 25.8% in 2010 to 17.8% in 2017"

https://ash.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ASH-Factsheet-Youth-E-cigarette-Use-2019.pdf

They say tobacco use halved in 11-15 yr olds and reduced by a third in 16-18 yr olds since 2010.

Has Thailand managed figures like that?

And all this could be true. But there are two points to raise. Firstly cigarettes are very expensive in the UK, discouragingly so.

Secondly there is and continues to be a vigorous anti smoking effort in the country.

So whilst vaping may well be a contributing factor, I'm sure it's not the only reason that smoking has been reduced.

Wow they have done a great job on banning e-sigarets i see many of them around and know some markets where they sell everything you want to have, liquids ,coils whatever you need + most of the youths are just ordering from internet . GOOD JOB ???? They must be so proud because if it was legal a lot more shops selling vape related items would be opened and a lot more people would be using vapers so they safed themselfs a ???? load of money by making it illegal and getting more youths to start smoke government controled and taxed sigarets . 

22 minutes ago, SS1 said:

Someody slap the idiot - such a backwards country. 

Haven't touched a cigarette for over 5 years since I switched to vaping. Not very nice always worrying you'll get extorted at the next police checkpoint, even though possession is actually not banned. 

This is what happens when a corrupt military leader takes charge, they get big money from big tobacco to stop any opposition to their fortune.  They don't give a s..t about the damage it does to peoples lungs.

Time for a BIG change

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Anna Rak said:

The real reason they have banned E-cigs is the Gov don't know how to tax them and they make a lot of revenue from conventional cigarettes.

So just more B.S. from this Junta.

And nicotine oils are not all you can vape with the right equipment. Just ask Snoopdog. Weed and Crystal meth come to mind. This just might be the real reason for banning e-cigs, and not what they are trumping up as the real reason. If they did, they would be admitting that there is a drug problem in Thailand

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

OK, be in denial if you wish, however even a very quick trawl on the internet will lead you to at least 10 different sites that say more or less the same thing.

The point I'm making is that Dr. Pathanawanich is not just spouting nonsense. There is a lot of supportive evidence out there for his argument.

So you mean that we have more vapers that start smoking regular cigarette than common smokers starting using ecig?

On 11/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, Centrum said:

Paid shills for the Thai tobacco industry. Why aren't they pushing the wonderful Thai authorities for the ban on conventional cigarettes? From a personal perspective, I started with e-cigs 2 years ago and haven't had a tobacco cigarette once in that time. Anyone who wants to kick the habit should give vaping a go.

The real reason that no government in the world would ever stop, or make smoking cigarettes, illegal is simply because of the billions of & that the government make on selling the tobacco. This has been discussed countless times and no matter what evidence is ever proven or brought up, again, anywhere in the world, cigarettes, while still under government control and then making money from doing so, will never be stopped.

I watch videos on YouTube that are shot outside some of the big nightclub/dance joints in BKK. People are openly vaping up a storm outside of these places. Meanwhile, Farang who get caught with e-cigs are in for a world of hurt. Didn't a woman get deported for having one?

It appears that these things are very common and are openly used - just not by Farang. I'm glad the authorities have done such a good job protecting foreigners.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:43 AM, Moonlover said:

Yeah right.....

The study was funded by the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration Center for Tobacco Products (grants P50CA180905 and U54CA180905), the National Institute on Drug Abuse of the National Institutes of Health (grant K01DA042950) and the Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program (grant 27-IR-0034).

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Salerno said:

More like for her attitude after getting busted.

OK, then not a surprise. People who are foolish enough not to respect Thai officials or law enforcement get what they deserve. I think people who believe the whole "land of smiles" story don't realize what a fine line we all walk.

• Like 1

Just now, mbenson said:

OK, then not a surprise. People who are foolish enough not to respect Thai officials or law enforcement get what they deserve. I think people who believe the whole "land of smiles" story don't realize what a fine line we all walk.

I see quite a lot of people smoking them around Nana (mainly farangs)...smoking electronic devices I mean...not smoking!!!

• Haha 1