New Ban Chang Shopping Mall

longball53098

Hey it would seem Ban Chang is getting a new shopping mall/center. I saw the new construction site going full bore a day ago. East Sukhumvit area, just a few hundred meters  east of the Emerald golf course entry road.

No details of any sort yet but rumor has it a Robinson's store will be there but I cannot confirm. I am hoping for a Tops supermarket too but wait and see as the construction is in very early stages of site prep.  More progress for the area and more traffic too

• Like 2

11 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Haven't been in Ban Chang since the Pandemic hit. How are the bars doing? Business was way down even before Corona. Imagine lots of them had to close down. 

Several of the bars are open with just an occasional customer.... The bars are 'Hurting'..... The girls are 'Hurting MORE'....

Be charitable.... Make a run to Ban Chang and take some friends with.....

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LennyW said:

It is a Robinsons on a 40 Rai site.

I only hope they do something regarding the road as that traffic lights are already congested most of the day, an elevated U turn would be nice!

Yes that traffic light just down the road is a real bottle neck. The whole intersection needs improvement. Whoever is building the mall needs to pay for half the improvement costs IMHO

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kensawadee said:

Several of the bars are open with just an occasional customer.... The bars are 'Hurting'..... The girls are 'Hurting MORE'....

Be charitable.... Make a run to Ban Chang and take some friends with.....

Would love to do that. Unfortunately I am stuck in Vietnam. Until the quarantine requirement is dropped, I won't be able to visit. But miss my regular trips to Ban Chang and Pattaya. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 3:02 PM, thecyclist said:

Haven't been in Ban Chang since the Pandemic hit. How are the bars doing? Business was way down even before Corona. Imagine lots of them had to close down. 

The bars on the strip are hurting, have been for a long time, however, down Phala beach way there are many new bars and restaurants which seem to be doing very well. The entertainment area on the bypass road is also very busy every night, restaurants and nightclubs. Changing clientele i guess, cant use the strip as a measure anymore.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...