"Flip-flops" gold shop robber caught! Blames wife after father reported him to police

webfact

"Flip-flops" gold shop robber caught! Blames wife after father reported him to police

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Chonburi provincial police in cooperation with Region 2 and Laem Chabang police announced the arrest of a thirty three year old Si Racha man who robbed the Golden 99 gold shop in a store in Laem Chabang on Monday evening. 

The thief has admitted the crime saying he had argued with his wife over money. His father reported him to police.

Warunsawan was arrested on a minivan heading towards Rayong yesterday. 

All the gold was recovered. This was 33 gold necklaces of one quarter baht weight worth over 200,000 baht. 

(Thaivisa notes that this was not the same amount of gold - 36 necklaces - as reported in another article yesterday).

Also recovered were two guns with fake magazines, clothes worn and a Yamaha motorcycle with no plates.

The robber was called "e - teh" in the media because he was caught on CCTV wearing flip-flops as he vaulted over the counter.

The suspect said that he had got stressed out after being put under pressure by his wife in an argument over money.

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

After the robbery he went to the Klong Thom market in Bang Lamung then back home to Si Racha he then got in a van to Rayong.

Laem Chabang police said that they got a call from his father to report that he was the robber. When they went to the suspect's house he had already gone but he was arrested in the van. 

He was taken on a ten minute reenactment then back to the station for more questioning. 

All the gold was recovered, they said. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-26

2 hours ago, webfact said:

All the gold was recovered. This was 33 gold necklaces of one quarter baht weight worth over 200,000 baht. 

(Thaivisa notes that this was not the same amount of gold - 36 necklaces - as reported in another article yesterday).

Commission taken by the BIB or over reporting of items stolen for insurance claim?

14 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

flip flops if I'm honest don't sound like the best footwear to be wearing for a swift getaway .. 

Disposable..... these modern day trainers are too recognizable, and far to expensive to throw away. 

18 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Put under stress by his wife.

Probably couldn't find a farang and he became the victim.????

Burmese fellows let out a long sigh of relief......also kudos to the undercover boys in USA and Under Armour shirts!   I can wear my american tee and work undercover for RTP if they need me...spy in the massage shops

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Disposable..... these modern day trainers are too recognizable, and far to expensive to throw away. 

Was years ago but I asked someone in LOS why they wore sneakers there, as most wore flip flops

His reply was in case he ever had to run, I found this to be true after a ladyboy gave chase to me one night!

I had 2 pair of nice Keen shoes but only wore the ragged ones, for fear of theft, ending up selling the new pair

3 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

His reply was in case he ever had to run, I found this to be true after a ladyboy gave chase to me one night!

Yes, they are clever enough to remove their own high heels to run better and act as a good weapon too.... so I hear. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Chonburi provincial police in cooperation with Region 2 and Laem Chabang police announced the arrest

So two sets of police preening themselves over the arrest of the thief when all the credit should go to the father-in-law - it might explain the missing booty?

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, they are clever enough to remove their own high heels to run better and act as a good weapon too.... so I hear. 

I told a very rude LB to Fck off and it went badly.."she" threw a water bottle at me(hurts when full) and a glass ashtray..I then realized this wasnt good and took off..in flip flops..another bad idea.....was hauling up loy kroh rd and realized "SHE' was gaining on me..luckily I saw an old thai cop I befriended and literally hid behind him, as he was chatting up gals at a massage shop(yin n yang) ..thank god for him..as the LB demanded i say sorry and was raging...I said no way and eventually the cop told her to split.."her" bar in the boxing arena closed...whew!

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Tight short skirt hitches up, gonads swinging free from bikini panties.....

The one i had chase me was a hulking size..probably why was so jealous and angry..."she" was the owner..

used to run Marina ladyboy bar in muay thai arena on loy kroh...my LB friend worked there