Rice farmer in Phayao shoots assessor dead after he gave low valuation

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prices pushed down to silly levels (7 Baht/kg I heard at the table this morning). Farmers heavily in debt forced to sell quickly. Debt collectors on the doorstep.   Same miserable

I was told that they were offering 6 Baht per kilo for sticky rice (paddy)  last week and I thought that was bad. This week it is apparently down to 3 Baht per kilo. I know that paddy rice needs to be

So he showed up drunk and with a shotgun to sell his rice.  Very professional.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Prices pushed down to silly levels (7 Baht/kg I heard at the table this morning).

Farmers heavily in debt forced to sell quickly.

Debt collectors on the doorstep.

Same miserable game every year.

Those who are forced to sell will be exploited.

But still had enough money to buy booze, and still vote for the same ...politicians.

• Like 1
Just now, ronaldo0 said:

Guns guns guns !! Where does the ammo come from ? I thought it was hard to get ?

You are not looking for a gun that's why. I guess if you start looking you will surprised how it works. Same with child prostitution  after 25+ years I never noticed it but I'm sure if you start to ask around with the taxi drivers you will find a place.

18 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

You are not looking for a gun that's why. I guess if you start looking you will surprised how it works. Same with child prostitution  after 25+ years I never noticed it but I'm sure if you start to ask around with the taxi drivers you will find a place.

No problem getting a gun . Have been offered several times by friends and workers , but was told bullets were not so easy to get . No point in having a gun unless you are willing to use it when required !

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

No problem getting a gun . Have been offered several times by friends and workers , but was told bullets were not so easy to get . No point in having a gun unless you are willing to use it when required !

I have been around guns all my live but have no urge to own one here. 

• Like 1

My relatives by Nong Khai has havested rice yesterday for the last time on their 12 rai.
Prices are too low to match the labor and harvest cost.
They have 12 rai of rubber tree´s too, but that prices is way down too.
They have no idea what to live off soon and desperation are very clear in the whole area.
Now they are looking into Fruit threes or goats

• Sad 4
55 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

And this character obviously was willing to use the gun and he had bullets and he killed a man who had not attacked him or invaded his house. However he decided it was required to settle his dispute. That is the most stupid reason to have a gun.

• Like 2