Don't miss the Pattaya fireworks festival this weekend - Thai skills highlighted

webfact

Don't miss the Pattaya fireworks festival this weekend - Thai skills highlighted

9pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Thai media Manager said it is an event not to be missed - the Pattaya Fireworks Festival 2020 is on this Friday and Saturday November 27th/28th on the main beach. 

Formerly billed as an international event and competition, this year, due to the pandemic, it will showcase Thai pyrotechnic skills.

The Thai theme will also be prevalent in music from around the kingdom. Many bands and 140 shops will cater to the throngs. 

The main Beach Road will be closed from the Dolphin Roundabout to the Walking Street entrance from 4 pm to midnight to enable ease of access for tourists.

Sunday will also see events to mark the 42nd year since the founding of Pattaya. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-26

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bad timing indeed. The long weekend is just behind (19 to 22).

How many will make it from Bangkok again on Friday?

There will be a lot, don't worry.

All beach front hotels are fully booked according to below link.

I plan of going down there tomorrow and would also like to know when they start.

Edit, they start the fireworks 2130 as per below link

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pattaya-beachfront-hotels-100-booked-for-fireworks-weekend-335224

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-fireworks-festival-to-tailor-show-to-home-crowd-335232

Edited by guzzi850m2

It's not a holiday and they aren't staging this to "save the economy". 

It's an annual event that has been happening for years now. The only difference is this year won't have any international teams displaying their expertise.

There isn't going to be any "super spreader" BS because the only cases of covid in the country are the ones in quarantine, despite what a certain segment of the expat population wants to believe (with absolutely no evidence of course). 
This event will be no different (in that respect) than the Bikini Run/Halloween/Loy Krathong event at the end of October, but hopefully with better weather.

If it is set up the same as the last event, then the concert stage will be on the beach right across from the Central Pattaya/Beach Road intersection. Last time, it was "aimed" (the stage and speakers) towards South Pattaya. We were on the beach in North Pattaya around Soi 2 and never even knew there was a concert happening until we drove home.

There appears to be some varying information as to the times.

This site (in Thai) has 4  separate displays at various times. the last one at 930

https://www.pattayacityevents.com/events/งานเทศกาลพลุนานาชาติเม/

6.00 PM: the performance of the Yothavathit from the beach of North Pattaya

19.00 Thai Muay Thai Culture Promotion

19.10 Open Fireworks Festival in Pattaya

19.15 hrs. The opening ceremony of the Chai Tiger Drum

7:20 PM Firework show set 1, A Great Time to Celebrate

19.35 hours, the show from the floating market in 4 regions Time

19.50: Firework show set 2, Brilliant Napa, Pattaya, Sawan Beach

8:05 p.m .: Min artist concert Time

21.00 Firework show set 3, stars dancing Time

21.15: The show from Ban Chang Pattaya

9:30 p.m. Firework show set 4 Light is Life, light of life

21.45: Big Ass Artist Concert

• Like 1

9 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

There will be a lot, don't worry.

All beach front hotels are fully booked according to below link.

I plan of going down there tomorrow and would also like to know when they start.

Edit, they start the fireworks 2130 as per below link

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pattaya-beachfront-hotels-100-booked-for-fireworks-weekend-335224

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-fireworks-festival-to-tailor-show-to-home-crowd-335232

see my post above, other sites show starting 7:20 finishing at the last show 9:30, not starting 930

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 7:51 AM, Peterw42 said:

see my post above, other sites show starting 7:20 finishing at the last show 9:30, not starting 930

Get real, this is Thailand, nothing is on-time. First firework show was nearly an hour late.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

You might want to consider an asbestos suit.

The reality was it was a great show, the beach was absolutely packed and the deck chair operators and beach hawkers did well. It was of course 99.9% Thai, a bit chaotic, but I bet the Thais spend more than the average foreign tourist there did in the past.

20201127_220644.thumb.jpg.debb17041155de7cbefbc3b4cae7f0e8.jpg

• Like 1

A kind of Covid party. Countless people very close together and VERY MANY without masks. I know - there is no Covid in Thailand... But at the same time there are temperature checks at the Central Mall and you are not allowed to enter the mall without masks. I left the festival after 15 minutes and will not go there tonight. I am honestly worried to get sick there. I took care so many months and don't want to risk my health for a firework. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I left the festival after 15 minutes and will not go there tonight. I am honestly worried to get sick there. I took care so many months and don't want to risk my health for a firework. 

They have not found a case in the general population for a long time so I think you can relax. That said, a lot of the hawkers mixing in with the crowds were non-Thai, and I did wonder if they had snuck into Thailand, one would not expect them to have been in quarantine and maybe brought in by a Thai handler who bypassed it.

19 minutes ago, johng said:

They where probably here since before the Covidiocy began.

I do hope so....probably moonlighting from a construction outfit or two. (On another topic, lot of construction work going on around town).

Edited by jacko45k

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They have not found a case in the general population for a long time so I think you can relax.

I understand. But can you explain to me why when you enter a Mall they check your temperature and you need a mask and even should register and at the same time outside the mall thousands of people can sit and stand very close together without following any precautions measures. And this at an organized event. 

1 minute ago, Oldie said:

I understand. But can you explain to me why when you enter a Mall they check your temperature and you need a mask and even should register and at the same time outside the mall thousands of people can sit and stand very close together without following any precautions measures. And this at an organized event. 

Its Thailand.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Life is full of contradictions. These requirements have been put on the Mall operators, The Beach has no such rules. Some people were wearing masks on the beach.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The reality was it was a great show, the beach was absolutely packed and the deck chair operators and beach hawkers did well. It was of course 99.9% Thai, a bit chaotic, but I bet the Thais spend more than the average foreign tourist there did in the past.

20201127_220644.thumb.jpg.debb17041155de7cbefbc3b4cae7f0e8.jpg

Thanks for the photo. A bit puzzled by the sentence saying, 'I bet the Thais spend more than the average foreign tourist there did in the past.' This is the 1st year I've missed it & as an ex-pat don't consider myself a tourist.  I know a few who joined me staying annually at The Hard Rock, paying over the odds for a beach view room or just watched from the poolside.

I would imagine the Thais would arrive on a moto-cy; have some noodles, watch then leave. 50 baht a head?

34 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thanks for the photo. A bit puzzled by the sentence saying, 'I bet the Thais spend more than the average foreign tourist there did in the past.' This is the 1st year I've missed it & as an ex-pat don't consider myself a tourist.  I know a few who joined me staying annually at The Hard Rock, paying over the odds for a beach view room or just watched from the poolside.

I would imagine the Thais would arrive on a moto-cy; have some noodles, watch then leave. 50 baht a head?

I left Patts yesterday at 1700 on the #7 and traffic coming into Patts was at least 1-2 km long, cars lined up on the #7 forever.

What hotels are the best for view of fireworks? Going to plan for next year.

Edited by EVENKEEL

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Actually the tables at the front area of the Hard Rock were mostly Thais from what I saw on Friday night as I walked passed. 

On 11/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, Oldie said:

A kind of Covid party. Countless people very close together and VERY MANY without masks. I know - there is no Covid in Thailand... But at the same time there are temperature checks at the Central Mall and you are not allowed to enter the mall without masks. I left the festival after 15 minutes and will not go there tonight. I am honestly worried to get sick there. I took care so many months and don't want to risk my health for a firework. 

Looking at today's news about a possible super spreader in Chiang Mai, you may be right to be wary. A Thai lady came from Myanmar into Thailand with the virus and did not quarantine.

Might people from Chiang Mai have flown into U Tapao for the weekend? If so, the possibilities don't bear thinking about.

Edited by champers