Normal postal service to UK closed

Speedo1968

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

HSBC failed security and not me.

Normally the banks will want to ask you to verify yourself in some way over the phone before answering/doing anything over the phone. I don't know what HSBC's method is but with one of my banks I have a security word and they ask me for certain letters/numbers - never the whole word.

Presumably they asked you for similar and you failed to answer it correctly?

How were you able to contact them initially to request the fob/code?

1 minute ago, topt said:

Normally the banks will want to ask you to verify yourself in some way over the phone before answering/doing anything over the phone. I don't know what HSBC's method is but with one of my banks I have a security word and they ask me for certain letters/numbers - never the whole word.

Presumably they asked you for similar and you failed to answer it correctly?

How were you able to contact them initially to request the fob/code?

I am a business customer with HSBC since 2008.

I know exactly how to the security questions.

Suddenly they say that I failed security but did send me the security key by post to Thailand and the activation code by email.

Unfortunately, security key arrived after 28 days, hence, code not more valid.

Had to call them and same rubbish that on the system is a note that I failed security.

Unbelievable.

On 12/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, Tyler Visan said:

Think of the trees cut down to make the paper for the cards & envelopes, and the fossil fuel used to transport the silly things both by land and air.

Plus the same for the ones you are hoping to get back.

Yeah, he killed the earth by sending a few Christmas cards on a plane that was organised specifically to deliver them and by cutting down the Amazon rain forest to make them.

Self righteous nonsense.

• Like 1

Hi,

We're back in London.

The missus has just received a parcel - 6.5 x 10 x 4 inches, weight 850 gr, labelled medicine, estimated value 500 baht, cost was just under 900 baht by normal post.

Sent from Ubon Ratchathani two weeks ago.

Delivered by normal post - Royal Mail at 16:15

Regards

P

On 12/4/2020 at 3:35 PM, Saltire said:

Why does almost every government office including Immigration, Post Office, Depertment of Land and Transport, local amphur etc have their own interpretation of the rules?

Is anything consistent in Thailand?

IMHO, though, the gold star award for brazen inconsistency can only go to HMPO back in the UK, particularly given your recent bitter experiences with this incompetent shower when renewing your passport!

• Like 1

You have to persist a bit at Thai post offices. If you want to send a letter/postcard to Europe they will consult their computer to check the actual postage required -depends on weight- and then print a label. Sometimes the system has not been updated for quite some time as alluded above and they will claim the destination is 'not available'. Persist, ask some other staff. May help to first check the latest information on the Thai post website and print this out.  If unsuccessful, try another post office. It helps if you can speak some Thai, in smaller out of the way offices they sometimes seem scared/reluctant to deal with foreigners

Last week send postcards to Holland, Germany and UK from a post office in Ladphrao Rd.  No problem, 24 B each by standard airmail. Those posted to Holland arrived in five days (did not check the others).