Jump to content

Extensions at MTT have changed - Report


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

My friend went to apply for a new extension at MTT today and they were told that the new extension would be effective TODAY, not December 1st.  I previously reported on their experience applying for an extension back in September, and a link to that post is at the end of this one.

 

 

Today's experience was a bit different from last time:

 

  • He entered on a Tourist Visa (not Tourist Exempt).  Those who entered on a Tourist Visa apply for extensions at J Counter on the 3rd floor of building where 90 day reports are done.  It was very quiet at J Counter.  Those who entered Visa Exempt apply for extensions at K Counter.  (Counter K requires online appointments booked at least 1 day in advance.  Counter J does not require online appointments.)
  • When applying, he was told the new extension will start as of today (November 26) and will expire on January 25th.
    • His current extension does not expire until November 30th, and he assumed the new extension would start on December 1st.
    • It's annoying that he's lost 4 days, and will cause people in the future to wait until the final day of their visa to visit immigration for further extensions (assuming they are still giving them).
  • He received an Under Consideration stamp and must return on December 9th to obtain the extension stamp.  (So extensions are still a 2-visit process.)

 

Forms needed can be found here (this link to Google Drive pdf is from immigration😞

  • Application form
  • STM.2 form (without the extra form that was stamped on the back last time)
  • Form acknowledging penalties for overstay 

 

Documents needed:

  • Embassy Letter OR Affidavit
    • He did NOT need a copy of the email showing receipt of embassy letter, which is different from last time.
    • If you can't get an embassy letter and are using an affidavit, others have reported that they still needed to request an embassy letter and then provide a copy of the email received from their embassy stating they were no longer issuing letters.  <---- Can others please verify this?
  • Photocopies
    • main passport page
    • entry stamp showing date of entry
    • TM6 showing both sides

 

I'll report back what ends up happening in terms of the date on the visa extension.  He said they were very clear (he asked repeatedly) that the new extension would be dated starting today.  When coupled with other people's reports that they are no longer going to be issuing extensions as of Monday, it seems like there may be some kind of change ahead.

 

 

Here's the original post from a couple of months ago about his experience:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

i just read on richards barrows twitter that we now need TM30 ? do tourist 60 visa holders need this?

i live with my girlfriend in an apartment and everything is in her name not mine. 

And?

You need a TM30.

When do you plan apply for extension.

Check into hotel to obtain TM30

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i was gonna go tomorrow or monday, so should i just go and ask my landlord to ''give me a tm30'' and they will know what im reffering to? and then what, they will hand me a form or something,

 

ive not heard of this tm30 before its news to me so im hoping to not be turned away tomorrow if you have any advice 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

 

ive not heard of this tm30 before its news to me so im hoping to not be turned away tomorrow if you have any advice 

Presumably you have been here since March.

Seen your posts on thaivisa and you know that you need extension. Having Friday and Monday left to obtain. 

Haven't glanced at threads? TM30 has been mentioned often. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

...

ive not heard of this tm30 before its news to me so im hoping to not be turned away tomorrow if you have any advice 

It is logical that you have never heard about a TM-30 as you would normally not be confronted with.

A TM-30 is a document by which the owner (or possessor) of a premisse has to notify the local IO that a foreigner is staying there.  Normally this has to be done within 24 hours of the arrival of the foreigner. 

Most tourists stay in Hotels or guesthouses, and the reason most of them ask for your passport is that they need your passport-number and the number of the small TM-6 arrival/departure card stapled or inserted in your passport, to file that TM-30.

But many IOs require that a TM-30 has been filed when you - the foreigner - applies for a service that requires your address in Thailand (e.g. an extension of stay). 

In your case you have two options now:

1 - Ask the landlord of the premisse where you are currently staying if he has filed a TM-30 of you staying here.  If he did so, ask for a copy of the IO confirmation of that TM-30 notification.  If he didn't, ask whether he has registered on the IO TM-30 website.  If so, he would be able to do the TM-30 notification on the spot. If not, the time is probably too short for him to register and subsequently notify IO by an on-line TM-30 that you are staying there (and print the IO confirmation of receipt).

2 - Look for a cheap Hotel in your neighborhood and check in there for 1 night, but of course ask whether they can provide you with a copy of the TM-30 notification they are supposed to file (some hotels/guesthouses don't do this, and thus useless for your purpose).  You don't even have to spend the night at that Hotel, you only need a print-out of the TM-30 notification which they will do on the spot when you check-in and provide your passport.  Recommended to also take a hotel business card with you when you go next day to your local IO (this in case IO cannot find the record of the notification in their IO TM-30 system, and thus can call the hotel that you are 'staying' there).

 

Hope this helps, cheers and success!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

i just read on richards barrows twitter that we now need TM30 ? do tourist 60 visa holders need this?

i live with my girlfriend in an apartment and everything is in her name not mine. 

 

My friend's landlord gave him a copy of the confirmation of the TM30 filing.  He had it with him (along with a copy of his lease) but MTT Counter J handed those documents back and did not use them.

 

Perhaps Counter K (for those who entered visa exempt ) requires it, but Counter J (tourist visa) did not.

Edited by asiacurious
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

i just read on richards barrows twitter that we now need TM30 ? do tourist 60 visa holders need this?

i live with my girlfriend in an apartment and everything is in her name not mine. 

I have had that happen in a previous visa extension a couple of years ago at CW. They asked for a TM30 that I did not have. I was sent to another counter (A?) You fill in a form and they make you pay a fine - for not filing within 24 hrs of arriving. Don't remember how much. Something like 800B. Point is that the lack of TM30 can probably be remedied on the spot at CW, just bring some proof of address and extra cash. Alternatively, check in a hotel for one night and get a TM30 filing print out from the hotel.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To get your TM30 they send you to MTT to the place where you do 90 day reporting, Then you have to go back to CW to get the extension. It happened to me last time i renewed 

Edited by beldin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the buildings and counters for all of the services at MTT.  Most people probably know these already but just so there is no confusion, if you're on an extension based on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt, everything is handled at MTT.  No need to visit CW.

 

MTT.jpg.d4b4dfb00a7589ef258fbe7a3a35d661.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It is logical that you have never heard about a TM-30 as you would normally not be confronted with.

A TM-30 is a document by which the owner (or possessor) of a premisse has to notify the local IO that a foreigner is staying there.  Normally this has to be done within 24 hours of the arrival of the foreigner. 

Most tourists stay in Hotels or guesthouses, and the reason most of them ask for your passport is that they need your passport-number and the number of the small TM-6 arrival/departure card stapled or inserted in your passport, to file that TM-30.

But many IOs require that a TM-30 has been filed when you - the foreigner - applies for a service that requires your address in Thailand (e.g. an extension of stay). 

In your case you have two options now:

1 - Ask the landlord of the premisse where you are currently staying if he has filed a TM-30 of you staying here.  If he did so, ask for a copy of the IO confirmation of that TM-30 notification.  If he didn't, ask whether he has registered on the IO TM-30 website.  If so, he would be able to do the TM-30 notification on the spot. If not, the time is probably too short for him to register and subsequently notify IO by an on-line TM-30 that you are staying there (and print the IO confirmation of receipt).

2 - Look for a cheap Hotel in your neighborhood and check in there for 1 night, but of course ask whether they can provide you with a copy of the TM-30 notification they are supposed to file (some hotels/guesthouses don't do this, and thus useless for your purpose).  You don't even have to spend the night at that Hotel, you only need a print-out of the TM-30 notification which they will do on the spot when you check-in and provide your passport.  Recommended to also take a hotel business card with you when you go next day to your local IO (this in case IO cannot find the record of the notification in their IO TM-30 system, and thus can call the hotel that you are 'staying' there).

 

Hope this helps, cheers and success!

 

If the hotel doesn't file the TM-30, what documents do you need to self report it at the IO? Do you need the manager's signature and ID?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...