Koh Chang. Where to rent a Honda Click at White Sands Beach

Keith5588

I live in Khon Kaen with my Thai gf and we are going to have a holiday on Koh Chang after spending a few days in Pattaya then Rayong.

Should arrive at Koh Chang White Sands Beach 15th Dec. As prices are low I have already noted to stay at Kacha Resort for the first night but have not booked it yet so still flexible.

I am now looking online for some Scooter rental shops. I will probably rent a Honda Click as the larger cabin bag fits nicely between my legs when riding a Click.

I find it a bit strange that there not any Bike Rental shops close to the Kacha Resort on Google Maps or a search on the internet.

I would like to check before going to not waste time because I would definitely not leave my passport or driving licence but am happy they take a copy and happy to leave a deposit. I would also want reasonable helmets.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks 

Keith

• Like 1

I would imagine bike rental businesses would be struggling on Koh Chang without the foreign tourists. Thai visitors to the island mostly all take their cars on the ferry.

Try contacting any rental outlets near W. Sands and ask them about prices / delivery of the vehicle to Kacha resort first. Good luck.

There is a good chance the resort could arrange a rental and delivery etc

Often its just something that a business or people do for some extra income, not a dedicated bike hire shop. There will be people renting bikes out but most likely a repair shop, restaurant, guesthouse, mom and pop shop will have a couple of bikes sitting out the front.

• Like 1

Thanks huangnon and Peterw42 for your helpful information.

I will ask the hotel and have a look around after arriving. If I see a rental place very close to a large hotel I think they would not scam customers, also if renting via the hotel recommendation it would probably be good.

I have have a look on the internet and see that in 2018 it was decided to have a road going completely around Kho Chang, does anyone know if it is possible to go across to the East side from the South West of Koh Chang?

Thanks

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith5588 said:

Thanks huangnon and Peterw42 for your helpful information.

I will ask the hotel and have a look around after arriving. If I see a rental place very close to a large hotel I think they would not scam customers, also if renting via the hotel recommendation it would probably be good.

I have have a look on the internet and see that in 2018 it was decided to have a road going completely around Kho Chang, does anyone know if it is possible to go across to the East side from the South West of Koh Chang?

Thanks

Keith

No.  Kacha's  in the middle so you can ride one way one day and the other on the other day but not all the way around. The roads are pretty good as long as you don't mind the odd hilly bits with tight turns. 

Hiring a bike shouldn't be difficult.

Can recommend Kacha too.  It has a good breakfast on the beach. Two nice pools. Nice food market outside at night. The Hillside rooms are good if you don't want to pay top dollar but ask for one on a higher floor facing the pool away from the road.  I do and they have given it to us . 

Thanks Fat, a shame that you cannot ride all the way round, I just looked on Google Maps again and there seems to be only about 400 m between the southern most road West to East ……… that alone is interesting so I intend to have a look when there.

I have a Honda Scoopy that I ride almost every day in Khon Kaen, so I am used to riding and am looking forward to our next holiday. During our last holiday in Phuket 2 months ago I rented a Honda click, the roads were lovely to ride but it was rainy season and there were 2 storms so unfortunately we got wet a couple of times which spoilt it a bit, also was not allowed to swim in the sea at most places because of the stormy weather. This time the weather in Koh Chang should be dry.

Thanks for the tip about Kacha, not sure what I will decide because the prices are relatively low when we will be there. The first night will be an ordinary booking but I might also book Katcha for the last night on Koh Chang. If I do then that will be the last of our 10 nights allowed under the “We Travel Together” Thai government scheme.

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1