Buriram Immigration Charged Me 1,000 Baht Extra For COVID Extension - Trip Report

I go once a year to Immigration to renew my extension based on retirement, there is a receipt attached in my passport, when collecting.

First thing I do, is throw it away.

What kind of proof is it anyway, it can easily be a fake one.

Where would I let control it for its authenticity ?

What will I gain with it ?

32 minutes ago, Caldera said:

In my case, I did reconsider, but it ended up in Thailand's favor. Given the choice between paying a little bit of money for an extension or enduring a winter Covid lockdown back home, it was a no-brainer!

Some people who lament having to shell out an extra 1000 or 2000 baht could use a bit of perspective.

I was not talking about the 1000-2000 Baht extra people has had to pay. I am talking about the whole situation - cost of living going up, immigration tightening rules, Baht increasing in value, attitudes towards foreigners, etc. 

People are going to start looking at the map and really start to consider what other countries offer. I really think that after this whole COVID situation is over most of the farang you see in Thailand will be people on their two week vacation or people who have put all their eggs in the Thailand basket. Anyone in the middle will of left.

Archived