Jump to content

Is dual pricing at Thai golf courses still an issue?


Recommended Posts

All clubs or nearly all have dual pricing but nothing to do with Thai/Farang.

You make an arrangement for 20 guys to play 3 times a month on their quietest day of the week & you will get a remarkable discount. If we didn't would go somewhere else.

Anyway going to for example a National Park why should not Thais get a lower price than Farangs?. In a round about way it partly belongs to them

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, I do think it is very low for anyone to complain about reduced cost for military personnel.  It is common place worldwide just a deserved benefit for serving their country. Reduced costs for locals for many activities are not uncommon in many countries.

Those course options are mostly for high handicappers or those who cannot afford the green fee, caddie fee at a real course. But, it is less then 10 bucks sad if people even complain about that.

Funny coming from the guy who takes his own diet coke to restaurants, classic kineow

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, bkk6060 said:

Haven't seen many "foreigner" separate pricing but I guess they diguise it by giving the reduced rate to Thai residents.  I live here and have a Thai drivers license so never an issue to get the lower rate.

The courses do seem pretty slow generally the rates I have been paying are 1/2 to 1/3 of normal rates for this time of year.

So where do you get a lower rate showing your Thai DL ? Where are the courses that are 50% or 33% lower?  Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

So where do you get a lower rate showing your Thai DL ? Where are the courses that are 50% or 33% lower?  Thanks

 

It depends on your age and the day and time you play.

Burapha, Greenwood, Eastern Star, Crystal Bay,  Green Valley to name a few are greatly reduced from their normal high season prices.

If they post a "visitor rate" and you have proof that you are a resident not on holiday at several of the places you can get a reduced rate.  But, you need to ask and usually show ID that you live here.  

King Naga is another which is not that great but at least 18 holes never crowded is now 850 b on sport days everything included.

 

I suggest you get on the phone and ask as promotions and rates are constantly changing.

 

Also are you a PSC member? Attached are the recent PSC rates.

 

 

 

PSC Golf Rates - November 2020.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Crystal Bay, 

What rate do you manage to get here as they have a flat high/low season rate of 750 and have had for a few years? Our group managed to get a whole 50 baht reduction on that recently.......

That is the PSC rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

 

It depends on your age and the day and time you play.

Burapha, Greenwood, Eastern Star, Crystal Bay,  Green Valley to name a few are greatly reduced from their normal high season prices.

If they post a "visitor rate" and you have proof that you are a resident not on holiday at several of the places you can get a reduced rate.  But, you need to ask and usually show ID that you live here.  

King Naga is another which is not that great but at least 18 holes never crowded is now 850 b on sport days everything included.

 

I suggest you get on the phone and ask as promotions and rates are constantly changing.

 

Also are you a PSC member? Attached are the recent PSC rates.

 

 

 

PSC Golf Rates - November 2020.pdf 68.11 kB · 3 downloads

I am a member of  PSC and i am constantly looking and listening for up coming offers. Never played Crystal Bay or Green Valley so no comment the other 3 courses my Thai DL counts for nothing nor my Pink card,in fact since the resumption of golf the only place my Thai DL has got me any thing is a 100baht discount at Emerald..good on them though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

I am a member of  PSC and i am constantly looking and listening for up coming offers. Never played Crystal Bay or Green Valley so no comment the other 3 courses my Thai DL counts for nothing nor my Pink card,in fact since the resumption of golf the only place my Thai DL has got me any thing is a 100baht discount at Emerald..good on them though.

Using a Thai driving licence is just a myth, no one asks for it. Golf courses don't even check for PSC card if you go with a bar group 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Using a Thai driving licence is just a myth, no one asks for it. Golf courses don't even check for PSC card if you go with a bar group 

Ha.

How would you know?

You admit in previous posts that you do not even play golf in Thailand as you do not want to pay the caddie fee.  So, any input you have on these golf threads seems out of touch, out of date and meaningless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Ha.

How would you know?

You admit in previous posts that you do not even play golf in Thailand as you do not want to pay the caddie fee.  So, any input you have on these golf threads seems out of touch, out of date and meaningless.

Maybe you're losing your memory and by the way you are avoiding the question further up about the prices you've paid, what you said sounds made up. As for me I played most of the courses in the Pattaya circuit for 5 years, I then switched to the Sattahip Navy courses 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 7:01 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Thanks for that. I will on my travels take pictures of said signs then straight off to the Tat Office in Pattaya...

Here you go, 120 baht Thais, 250 foreigner, second photo is Lens app translation

IMG_20201203_082919.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-03-15-04-02-163_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...