Сhonburi immigration

I had a 60 day extension based on marriage which expired on 21st November. I went on the 18th with usual copies- passport, visa, departure card, photo. I had a registered tm30. At counter 1 she gave me an under consideration till 12th December and said if I return they will stamp me till the 30th December. She told my wife by then they would know what the government policy on future extensions. She was really friendly. Took 20 minutes. I think helped having a Thai person with me. 

7 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I had a 60 day extension based on marriage which expired on 21st November. I went on the 18th with usual copies- passport, visa, departure card, photo. I had a registered tm30. At counter 1 she gave me an under consideration till 12th December and said if I return they will stamp me till the 30th December. She told my wife by then they would know what the government policy on future extensions. She was really friendly. Took 20 minutes. I think helped having a Thai person with me. 

If you had 60-days since late September and getting extensions through to the end of the year, that's more than enough time to have brought in and seasoned the funds for a 1-year marriage extension. Isn't it time to stop this endless and quite stressful second-guessing game with Thai immigration?

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If you had 60-days since late September and getting extensions through to the end of the year, that's more than enough time to have brought in and seasoned the funds for a 1-year marriage extension. Isn't it time to stop this endless and quite stressful second-guessing game with Thai immigration?

If you understand the concept of multi entry visas although people use them for border runs they are designed for people who intend coming and going from Thailand. Why do you assume I am a border runner and not genuinely wanting to leave. Maybe you are the one second guessing. I was trying to help the OP but as a result I get a judgement on my personal life from you. 

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

Why do you assume I am a border runner and not genuinely wanting to leave.

If you are genuinely wanting to leave there is nothing to stop you. Worst case scenario, contact your embassy and they will help you to book onto the next repatriation flight.

Where there's a will , there's a way.

Visited Chonbury office yesterday, just to get answers to my questions as I planned to do 60 days extension in Bangkok  MTT office where I got my last extention. Information desk was  rude as usual))) but I was surprised that office was not overcrowded, they cut useless documents that were required last time, blue books, owners id, maps etc.
I was told that they give stamp for 30 days and then I must come back again,, but will pay only once, so it looks like they give 60 days as many other IO.  What they require are  TM 30, TM 7,  Affidavit, Acknowledgement of overstay, STM2,  and usual copies of passport pages.  Forgot to mention TM 30 room was empty and it took me a minute too get new TM30. Arrived there at aroung 15.00 without any plans just to make enquiries. Hope everything will go smoothly on Monday.

48 minutes ago, polpott said:

If you are genuinely wanting to leave there is nothing to stop you. Worst case scenario, contact your embassy and they will help you to book onto the next repatriation flight.

Where there's a will , there's a way.

Really please tell me how?. I'd say the other 32000 Australians stuck around the world would be happy to hear how to get back to Australia. I'll just contact the Australian Embassy and tell them to put me at the top if their waiting list of 1000 plus people trying to get on their weekly flight with only 30 passengers. It is interesting how you guys make comments when you don't really have any idea of what is happening outside your little bubble. It is pretty sad when I was just posting to help  to the OP and get people making comments with absolutely no knowledge of people's personal situation.

19 minutes ago, anandra said:

Forgot to mention TM 30 room was empty and it took me a minute too get new TM30.

Not sure I follow. The office you obtain your extension is area that covers your address in TM30 and your obtaining your extension MTT?

I got an extension a few days ago with an under consideration stamp until Dec 22.  The information desk wasn't very helpful but said that it would be for 60 days.  It was the normal 1900 THB and I was able to satisfy the TM30 requirement with a letter from my hotel saying that I was staying there for the past week (they didn't want to actually fill out the form immigration had given me the day before).

On 11/28/2020 at 10:27 AM, Wongkitlo said:

If you understand the concept of multi entry visas although people use them for border runs they are designed for people who intend coming and going from Thailand. Why do you assume I am a border runner and not genuinely wanting to leave. Maybe you are the one second guessing. I was trying to help the OP but as a result I get a judgement on my personal life from you. 

The 'concept' of multi-entry visas for Thailand have been a moot point since last March or April.

I never adjudged your choices, I just questioned the reason why anyone would keep dancing to immigration's tune that hasn't been heard for a while when they have other options.

For your enlightenment, I work overseas and although being married here, preferred the flexibility of a multi-entry visa as well. That was until immigration started gurning about people married here not having the 'correct' visa. So I got extensions but the last one expired while I was working outside Thailand last January. On my return to Thailand in mid-March, I planned on getting a multi-entry O in Vietnam but Vietnam closed their borders. I then made a sprint to Savanakhet to obtain same, only for it to be denied because Savanakhet wanted a Covid-free certificate. Re-entered Thailand on a visa-exempt entry and then ALL borders closed. I milked the amnesty for what it was worth, then, when it started to get a bit iffy, I got a 60-day extension due to being married. With varying immigration offices issuing either 'under consideration' stamps, 7-day, 14-day, 30-day, or 60-day extensions (because they can), all without any official policy being published in the Royal Gazette, I bit the bullet. I got a Non-O while funds seasoned and then got another 1-year extension and a multiple re-entry permit. No more faffing about with "will they, won't they" nonsense at immigration. All I have to focus on now is being able to leave if and when I want.

I see from a subsequent post that you may be an 'exiled' Australian? My friend waited almost three months and was bounced off maybe five repatriation flights while queuing to go home to Sydney. A ridiculous and unfortunate situation but I think if you settle your long-term Thai immigration status first, maybe your enforced stay here will become less stressful? I certainly know mine has knowing that the only immigration officer I will see will be at the airport on departure. No more rude and ill-informed paper shufflers in a crowded office sucking 1900 baht (or more) out of my wallet.

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No more faffing about with "will they, won't they" nonsense at immigration. All I have to focus on now is being able to leave if and when I want.

Lovely result for you. Yippie.

The guy you jumped on perhaps has completely different situation. Stay on your high horse, nice view no doubt.

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Lovely result for you. Yippie.

The guy you jumped on perhaps has completely different situation. Stay on your high horse, nice view no doubt.

But if you read @Wongkitlo's post, it is quite detailed. Married and stuck here without a long-stay permit despite getting the 'we don't know' spiel from a polite immigration officer. If he is married and stuck here as I was, first on amnesty, then a 60-day and him now on interminable and indeterminate short extensions, the marriage extension is (I hate using this term) a no-brainer.

The only 'completely different situation' I can see is a possible lack of access to funds or fiscal provenance. For that happenstance or personal choice, there are agents.

Anyway, it appears that Immigration have issued another official extension through (almost) the end of January 2021 due to Covid so all he needs to do is hit up his local immigration office and see if/when/how they want to milk it.

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But if you read @Wongkitlo's post, it is quite detailed. Married and stuck here without a long-stay permit despite getting the 'we don't know' spiel from a polite immigration officer. If he is married and stuck here as I was, first on amnesty, then a 60-day and him now on interminable and indeterminate short extensions, the marriage extension is (I hate using this term) a no-brainer.

The only 'completely different situation' I can see is a possible lack of access to funds or fiscal provenance. For that happenstance or personal choice, there are agents.

Anyway, it appears that Immigration have issued another official extension through (almost) the end of January 2021 due to Covid so all he needs to do is hit up his local immigration office and see if/when/how they want to milk it.

Did you actually read my post. If I applied for a non O visa I could stay till November next year but I want to return to Australia. At the moment there are planes after Xmas but that is virtually the only option. My Cathay Pacific flight in September was cancelled and they said they can give me a flight in April. I am hoping the situation improved and  I can get a flight in January or February.My wife is a Thai with Austalian residency. She will follow when I have settled a little in Australia. Her business is closed due to Covid so there is little keeping us here. Why would I go to all the trouble of getting a long term visa- bank statements, home visits, photos  if hopefully we will  leave  in January/February. Is by no way worth it for 2 to 3 months? Maybe you need to stop the endless and quite stressful second-guessing game on Thai Visa 

30 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Did you actually read my post. If I applied for a non O visa I could stay till November next year but I want to return to Australia. At the moment there are planes after Xmas but that is virtually the only option. My Cathay Pacific flight in September was cancelled and they said they can give me a flight in April. I am hoping the situation improved and  I can get a flight in January or February.My wife is a Thai with Austalian residency. She will follow when I have settled a little in Australia. Her business is closed due to Covid so there is little keeping us here. Why would I go to all the trouble of getting a long term visa- bank statements, home visits, photos  if hopefully we will  leave  in January/February. Is by no way worth it for 2 to 3 months? Maybe you need to stop the endless and quite stressful second-guessing game on Thai Visa 

Having myself just gone through the "trouble" of bank statements and photographs (no home visit... bonus!), I found it all far less stressful than scanning these pages and other English language local media for the latest, unsubstantiated and rather nebulous "official" guidance. Immigration offices are dead quiet right now.

The multiple re-entry permit also gives me the ability to return to Thailand if and when I want or more importantly, if circumstances beyond my control dictate.

Anyway, sounds to me that you are maybe on a one-way ticket with regard to your Thailand departure so good luck with whatever method you feel best fits your circumstances. With a 7-month hiatus already between your last canceled repatriation flight and the next 'wait-list' offer, you are going to need it.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Having myself just gone through the "trouble" of bank statements and photographs (no home visit... bonus!), I found it all far less stressful than scanning these pages and other English language local media for the latest, unsubstantiated and rather nebulous "official" guidance. Immigration offices are dead quiet right now.

The multiple re-entry permit also gives me the ability to return to Thailand if and when I want or more importantly, if circumstances beyond my control dictate.

Anyway, sounds to me that you are maybe on a one-way ticket with regard to your Thailand departure so good luck with whatever method you feel best fits your circumstances. With a 7-month hiatus already between your last canceled repatriation flight and the next 'wait-list' offer, you are going to need it.

It is very hard to go to Australia. They say 32000 are registered to return and they are only allowing a little over 1000 to return each day. 

Archived