Retirement Extension - Koh Samui

I'm on a retirement extension based on a non-Immigrant O-A visa.  I've been living in BKK and extending for many years at Chaeng Wattana.  Now I may be relocating to Koh Samui and would like any info on the requirements for extensions at that office.  Is there anything in addition to the following standard documents, and in particular is a copy of a lease or other proof of address required? (At CW so far they've only asked for a copy of the TM30 and a map to my home).

- Form TM7

- copies of passport pages

- 1 photo

- bank letter and updated bank books (plus copies) and bank statement for past year showing required balances

- health insurance  certificate

- copy of screenshot of Form TM30 (registered online)

- map to residence 

Any input much appreciated.

The recent list for retirement extension on Samui...
2019_Retirement-extension.jpg.139cdb41dc83086ddfcf65ad78fb9b9e.jpg

All photo copies need to be portrait – except maps – and not stapled. All copies must be signed.

Heath certificate need to be from hospital, not clinic. Many of us use Thai International Hospital opposite Tesco-Lotus in Bo Phut (Chaweng), just ask for retirement extension health check, it will costs you 250 baht and shall be from within 7 days before application for extension of stay. You don't need prior agreement...????

You can get all updated information in the local forum's pinned thread here...

20 minutes ago, Archie Baker said:

The same that is required everywhere else in Thailand.  Go to the immigration website.  It is well organised and informative.  

The same that is required everywhere else in Thailand?  I don't think so. 

The Samui IO apparently requires a fresh health certificate from a local hospital....first I ever heard of that kind of requirement.  That requirement does not exist at CW.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:55 PM, Archie Baker said:

The same that is required everywhere else in Thailand.  Go to the immigration website.  It is well organised and informative.  

The Maps and medical certificate are extra requirements. 

On 11/27/2020 at 6:58 PM, khunPer said:

The recent list for retirement extension on Samui...
2019_Retirement-extension.jpg.139cdb41dc83086ddfcf65ad78fb9b9e.jpg

All photo copies need to be portrait – except maps – and not stapled. All copies must be signed.

Heath certificate need to be from hospital, not clinic. Many of us use Thai International Hospital opposite Tesco-Lotus in Bo Phut (Chaweng), just ask for retirement extension health check, it will costs you 250 baht and shall be from within 7 days before application for extension of stay. You don't need prior agreement...????

You can get all updated information in the local forum's pinned thread here...

Thanks.  What does the medical certificate have to say?  

21 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

To get the certificate involves a brief consultation with a doctor , who will take blood pressure, use a stethoscope to listen to your heart, and ask you a few questions.

It doesn't really matter what it says. I'm not even sure immigration know what they want.  They ask for it as a requirement, so we just bite our tongue and go along with it.

As othershave stated, Thai International Hospital is where I get  mine for THB250. They are used to doing it.

Just follow the list and hope that on the day they don't dream up another "out of the blue" request.

3 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Go to a hospital, for example Thai International Hospital (TIH) opposite Tesco-Lotus in Bo Phut, and ask for a health check for retirement extension of stay. The hospital knows, what it is. TIH charge 250 baht, it takes about 15 minutes – they check blood pressure, heart beat, height and weight; and a short doctor's consultation where he will listen to your lungs – you don't need any prior agreements, just walk in and register in reception. It must be done within in week before application for extension of stay.

The image is my certificate from TIH for 2020...

2020-health-certificate.jpg.ea8f4c41ee35e3da2906913a7b3bdaf9.jpg

for a non-o retirement they also wanted a photo of me in front of my house, which was not listed on any official document. 

thus be prepared to 1. be asked for something that is not required on any form. 2. not be asked for something that is stated on forms to be required. 3. for 90% of staff and visitors to not be wearing masks. 

Archived