Freedom to travel after quarantine?

Go where you wish to, no tracking Apps or devices required. You may come across something called Thai Chana, in the form of a QR Code on entry to Malls and shops, a scan with your phone takes you to a website where you 'Check-In'.... first time your phone number is also requested. It is not being strictly enforced and is the closest you will come to being tracked. (Along with the regular TM30). 

You required to just submit temperature data for an additional 14 days (although the app for this goes down regularly) but there is not tracking per se (unless the COSTE app is doing it in the background without telling you).

During quarantine the Costa app is used to fill in your body temperature twice a day. After finishing you can take down the app or change the settings. 

Thai Chana is just an app to warn you in case you have been close to someone with Covid.

13 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

How closely are people monitored when in quarantine?

Any choice other than staying in the same facility for 14 days?

They keep a close eye on everybody to prevent them from leaving their rooms.

No choice to stay somewhere else.

7 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

14 days in a hotel room is an unduly harsh punishment when no crime has been committed!

????

If you do not want to go into quarantine then don't attempt to return to the country. There is no way to get around it at this time.

23 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

14 days in a hotel room is an unduly harsh punishment when no crime has been committed!

????

It is punishment in lieu of infecting a whole country. 

Abide by the terms and conditions agreed upon to let you into the country, or stay out. 

Anyway folks, I have been in Thailand this whole year. 

Just blowing off a bit of steam.

For me, 16 days in a hotel room, with little time outside the room, would be like a prison sentence. 

And I am not a big drinker these days, but it seems like alcohol could definitely help! But alas, no alcohol!

I thought the incubation time was something like 7-8 days. Maybe not?

4 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

I thought the incubation time was something like 7-8 days.

It can be much longer than that to show symptoms and become more contagious. That is why they set 14 days for the quarantine since that is common number of days used.

I am at Mochit bus station right now after finishing quarantine 2 days ago.  They checked my temperature twice a day in quarantine and the mandatory 2 PCR tests.

When I was let out, I took a Grab to another hotel.   I checked in.  I have spent two days in Bangkok and no one has asked me to scan into or out of anywhere.   There have been no requests to report temperatures or even download an app. I did download the Thai Chana app before arrival in BKK but have never used it.  Not out of defiance but because no one has asked and I have seen nobody else using it.

May be different for others but other than wearing a mask and fewer busses going to the provinces it appears you are free to do all the normal things unless your favorite establishment has closed.

Archived