The New Jazz ( City Hatchback ) ??

Andrew Dwyer

As the title suggests Honda are releasing a new model which in some adverts it’s being called the New Jazz ( City Hatchback ) as per this :

F0E8FF30-1082-44E2-802B-01C937E8E47E.thumb.jpeg.17ee58dadd3c31aff214a3a05b43706c.jpeg

D1FAE386-A23D-4860-A455-81E27DD4AA90.jpeg.584251777962173f93be67b1670bf04a.jpeg

It appears to be similar to the front end of the Jazz ( inside ) and a new hatchback rear end,  with a more sloped shape. Reading the blurb above it says that a new Jazz was released in Japan last year and are suggesting that in Thailand they will get the above model.

Whether it is a remodeled Jazz or a remodeled City seems undecided, will a new 1.0 turbo Jazz appear here as in Japan or is this it  ??, only thing certain right now will have the 1.0 turbo engine and to be released at the end of the year .

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

They should call it a City Hatchback !!

Yup, other than the interior it doesn’t resemble a Jazz at all , hence this thread and the above photos which refer to “ The New Jazz City Hatchback “.

Caught the back end of a tv advertisement last night and it appeared to be called the City Hatchback.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, other than the interior it doesn’t resemble a Jazz at all , hence this thread and the above photos which refer to “ The New Jazz City Hatchback “.

Caught the back end of a tv advertisement last night and it appeared to be called the City Hatchback.

The showroom was calling it the City Hatchback but did not have one to show me

• Like 1

Once the Jazz started looking like the Yaris, I stopped being interested. I miss the Jazz look from the early 2010's.

I like the Nissan March look or the Suzuki Swift look. I also like the Fiat 500 look but they are expensive in Thailand.

2 hours ago, offset said:

The showroom was calling it the City Hatchback but did not have one to show me

I was in my Honda showroom yesterday ( service ) and it was noticeably empty of cars except for a City, an Accord and a base model Jazz .

Maybe they are preparing for the City H/Back launch but as usual the salespeople were glued to their phones and doubtlessly never saw me or the gf walking thru the showroom to the service lounge !

I remember , on my last service, I wanted to look in the boot/trunk of a BR-V and a HR-V and neither would open ( dead battery ) , the salesgirl shrugged her shoulders with a “not my problem “ sort of look . Similar thing happened when I took an interest in a CX - 30 in Tops Plaza !

18 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Actually a 1.0 turbo will give better economy, power and torque than the existing 1.5 in the same car. Only drawback is to achieve the better economy you have to drive it like your gran would !

Not necessarily. It is a turbo afterall. And quicker than the current 1.8 honda civic. 

18 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Have to agree , almost as bad as their last offering ( the BRV ).

I’m wondering if this is the end of the Jazz, seems like a step backwards if it is .

More power, much more torque, better fuel economy than the curreny jazz. It also has the 'magic seat' rear configuration of the jazz. Pity there is no 6 speed manual version though. 

• Confused 1

On 11/27/2020 at 7:52 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

So , it will be a replacement for the Jazz in some markets .

Anyone know if it replaces the Jazz in Thailand ?

Honda has not mentioned anything about this as yet. So it's an unknown. I huess we would know when the jazz is at the end of its model cycle. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, DavisH said:

Not necessarily. It is a turbo afterall. And quicker than the current 1.8 honda civic. 

On 11/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Actually a 1.0 turbo will give better economy, power and torque than the existing 1.5 in the same car. Only drawback is to achieve the better economy you have to drive it like your gran would !

Absolute rubbish I have a new City RS Turbo its fast very responsive and on a recent trip to Kanchanaburi touring 1868kms of varied roads returned an average 19.5kms per litre, and I don't drive to save fuel, really is a great engine. 

• Like 1

from the Thai automotive reviewers on youtube, there will not be new jazz , the City Hatchback is the replacement. 

well anyway technically and historically, the city and jazz share the same chassis and components

Edited by vipershot
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, vipershot said:

from the Thai automotive reviewers on youtube, there will not be new jazz , the City Hatchback is the replacement. 

well anyway technically and historically, the city and jazz share the same chassis and components

Thanks for that, the photos I posted at the beginning of the thread sort of suggested that but hadn’t had it confirmed.

There was talk last year about the New Jazz being a 1.0 Turbo , sounds like they have incorporated the Jazz into the City brand, makes sense the two would be of very similar dimensions.

25 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks for that, the photos I posted at the beginning of the thread sort of suggested that but hadn’t had it confirmed.

There was talk last year about the New Jazz being a 1.0 Turbo , sounds like they have incorporated the Jazz into the City brand, makes sense the two would be of very similar dimensions.

The hona jazz in Japan is a 1.0 turbo, but no word so far if that will come to Thailand. 

Spending a 100K more then the city hybrid is available. They decided to put rear discs on it now, and add the honda sensing package. Probsbly a few other things. I think acceleration will be similar to the city sedan hatchback turbo (<10 secs). There are no test drives online of either, as yet. The sticker fuel consumprion of the hybrid is over 27km/l. So it should be good for 22-23 in normal conditions (better in the city than the highway). 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 12:54 PM, DavisH said:

The hona jazz in Japan is a 1.0 turbo, but no word so far if that will come to Thailand. 

Spending a 100K more then the city hybrid is available. They decided to put rear discs on it now, and add the honda sensing package. Probsbly a few other things. I think acceleration will be similar to the city sedan hatchback turbo (<10 secs). There are no test drives online of either, as yet. The sticker fuel consumprion of the hybrid is over 27km/l. So it should be good for 22-23 in normal conditions (better in the city than the highway). 

Review of the city hybrid here (in Thai)

0-100 about 10 seconds

economy about 28km/l in the shown driving conditions. Quite impressive. I reckon my wife could get 30 in it. 

On 11/27/2020 at 3:29 PM, DavisH said:

image.png.100786d9130d9f041d8c77b23f64b413.pngIts not too bad looking in my opinion. 

Looks too low with those front spoilers.

Bad enough here in Samui driving GF's City and bottoming out every time I go into Tesco's, or over some of the bumps and potholes. That thing would definitely get damaged very quickly. I like the shape of the current Jazz. I think they stopped the RS line last year.

29 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Looks too low with those front spoilers.

Bad enough here in Samui driving GF's City and bottoming out every time I go into Tesco's, or over some of the bumps and potholes. That thing would definitely get damaged very quickly. I like the shape of the current Jazz. I think they stopped the RS line last year.

Yes, the existing City and Jazz have low ground clearance ( 135 mm ) I don’t expect the City hatchback to be any different , possibly worse !