Snake warning issued as another king cobra caught

snoop1130

Snake warning issued as another king cobra caught

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1606386559_1-org.jpg

The rescue workers soon had the king cobra safely in hand. Photo: Natthapong Khongkim

PHUKET:-- Kusoldharm rescue workers are urging people to beware snakes around their workplaces and homes after a king cobra about two metres long was safely caught at a local security company office this morning (Nov 26).

Rescue workers were called to the office, located in Moo 7, Tambon Thapkrasattri, in Thalang, at about 9:20am.

At the office, the rescue team were shown a bamboo thicket where the cobra was last seen hiding.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/snake-warning-issued-as-another-king-cobra-caught-78112.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-26

7 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I think that one will be seeking sanctuary further north. Thailand has a long record of deporting political or criminal snakes back to their point of origin.

Gonna need a Yuge rock to slither back under....or hide in his florida bunker aka safe space

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, arick said:

I notice last week there are no Soi dogs at all in Southern Phuket is this the reason? 

What is the source of your interesting soi dogs observation?  Why would you conclude that King cobras would be the reason for any decline in numbers? 

So many king cobras loose and running around in population ....!? Maybe they scape from all those Cobra show places, who knows if they have any proper control or standard in looking after them or counting their stocks...!

Once I nearly , almost, booked a hotel in Ao Nang before I noticed a snake show establishment nearby, feeewww....., closed call...., now I check carefully and stay well away from that lot...!  God must have created snakes and sharks just to torture me... !!! lol ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

So many king cobras loose and running around in population ....!? Maybe they scape from all those Cobra show places, who knows if they have any proper control or standard in looking after them or counting their stocks...!

Once I nearly , almost, booked a hotel in Ao Nang before I noticed a snake show establishment nearby, feeewww....., closed call...., now I check carefully and stay well away from that lot...!  God must have created snakes and sharks just to torture me... !!! lol ????

Yes, you have to be very careful in Thailand with all the snakes and sharks running around chasing you down the streets.

I note you post a lot about motorcycles on the forum, guess how you are most likely to come to grief here.  A hint -  it wont be from a shark.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Agusts said:

Perhaps the shows that use snakes in their acts cannot afford to keep snakes any more so they set them free rather than kill them

• Like 1

@Old Croc Yep, I have a bit of a phobia with those, but the very reason I still go and swim in the sea a lot and wonder in the woods occasionally is the actual statistics I use to convince myself...!!! Far more chance of going under a truck with my bike than come across these nasty creatures... ! ????

Although that doesn't stop me wishing them all very much extinct... haha... ????, there are much more harmless cute creatures we can protect...

• Like 1