UK Passport Renewal

2 hours ago, British Consular Team said:

We have been able to release 9 appointments for Tuesday next week. You can easily change your appointment from the confirmation email for your current appointment. 

Or you can contact us via our webform www.gov.uk/contact-consulate-bangkok or by telephone +66 (0) 2 305 8333

Good afternoon,

My daughter and her mother hold a British passport and they must be renewed March 21

Both live in Bangkok.

When should they start the renewal process?

Regards,

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Good afternoon,

My daughter and her mother hold a British passport and they must be renewed March 21

Both live in Bangkok.

Regards,

Passport renewals are handled by VFS Global on Sukhumvit Soi 13

It can take up to 8 weeks, so allow ample time.

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html

4 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Good afternoon,

Both live in Bangkok.

Regards,

This is the link which your daughter and her mother need to follow, rather than the VFS one quoted in the previous post:-

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

On 11/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, British Consular Team said:

We have been able to release 9 appointments for Tuesday next week. You can easily change your appointment from the confirmation email for your current appointment. 

Or you can contact us via our webform www.gov.uk/contact-consulate-bangkok or by telephone +66 (0) 2 305 8333

Good afternoon,

I printed the passport application (renewal) form for my daughter.

I tried to call the embassy to make an appointment to hand in all documents but nobody taking the phone.

Is there any chance in booking an appointment online?

Kind regards,

I'd do it sooner rather than later.  I did my son's (submitted at the end of August) and didn't get his new passport until November.  Apparently there was an "issue" with processing the payment, although my credit card was deducted within three days of them receiving the application.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'd do it sooner rather than later.  I did my son's (submitted at the end of August) and didn't get his new passport until November.  Apparently there was an "issue" with processing the payment, although my credit card was deducted within three days of them receiving the application.

I printed out the passport application form and payment form.

Tried to book an appointment with the embassy but no-one bothers to take the phone and can't see if it can be done online.

9 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Tried to book an appointment with the embassy but no-one bothers to take the phone and can't see if it can be done online.

You don't go to the embassy, you go to VFS.  And you get appointment by email.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
8th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana
Bangkok
Thailand

Email: [email protected]

14 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

It's nothing to do with the Embassy.  Use the email address provided above by Upnotover to make an appointment to submit their applications.  

On 11/27/2020 at 4:48 PM, AlfHuy said:

Where are the 2 replies members have given me?

Have they deleted or was it deleted?

Hi Alf

I moved your question to this forum as you are much more likely to get an answer here. The British Embassy does not handle routine passport applications at all, and you may not get a reply in the British Embassy forum where you posted your question.

Email: [email protected] and ask for an appointment. 

You can also ’turn up' at the VFS centre at the Trendy Building, however, you could be waiting all day.

I submitted my passport application about 4 weeks ago. There was a guy there waiting, without an appointment. He’d been there a while and was still waiting when I left.

I received an e-mail from the HMPO that it will take up to 8 weeks to receive my passport. 

I don’t see any way to check on the stage of my passport renewal (i.e. expected collection date etc) when applying from overseas. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean you paid someone 12,000 baht to submit your application for you?

Other than ‘visit Bangkok’ to submit your application, what did the agent do? 

5000 baht of the 12,000 was visa fee.

Agent went to BKK to submit and collect passport which would have cost me more that 7000 baht anyway. That and agent also removed all hassle and bureaucracy for me, simple - job done.

Are you asking coz you'd like his contact details or just surprised at the cost?

48 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

5000 baht of the 12,000 was visa fee.

Agent went to BKK to submit and collect passport which would have cost me more that 7000 baht anyway. That and agent also removed all hassle and bureaucracy for me, simple - job done.

Are you asking coz you'd like his contact details or just surprised at the cost?

Asking because I was surprised at the cost but didn’t figure that included the £118 charge for the passport and VFS charges. Basically its 7000 baht extra for the use of an agent and avoiding two trips to Bangkok.

Depending on where you I can see that it may be worth it (Transport costs, or flights etc), plus the hassle of travelling and the time it consumes if you are not already in Bangkok. 

I’m in Bangkok, so submission cost me very little in time or transport.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can also ’turn up' at the VFS centre at the Trendy Building, however, you could be waiting all day.

I submitted my passport application about 4 weeks ago. There was a guy there waiting, without an appointment. He’d been there a while and was still waiting when I left.

I received an e-mail from the HMPO that it will take up to 8 weeks to receive my passport. 

I don’t see any way to check on the stage of my passport renewal (i.e. expected collection date etc) when applying from overseas. 

You can also use VFS premium service - 'walk in without appointment' - cost Baht 1560 if my memory is correct. - Better than waiting.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There was a delay in processing my son's passport renewal (which ended up taking nearly 10 weeks).  This email worked for me:

[email protected]   

or this one: [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, AlfHuy said:

Sorry, me again.

Where is the best place to make passport photos which would be accepted?

If I book an appointment, does my daughter to be present (passport is for her) or can I handle everything for her?

There is passport photo machine outside a visa shop less than 50 yards from Trendy building on Soi 13. The options also include selecting the correct photo size for the country you need.

Screenshot (2).png

My advice would be to be sure to use a photo machine that has no human interaction from the owner operator of that machine, as the UK PO will not accepted heavily doctored images. Thai photo shops love to edit your picture so much that you end up looking like Mr Data from Star Trek. Sometimes they'll throw in some scrambled eggs on your shoulders for free.

Archived