7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I used an agent to renew 2nd passport, 12K, no visits to BKK required, took about 5 weeks.

You mean you paid someone 12,000 baht to submit your application for you?

Other than ‘visit Bangkok’ to submit your application, what did the agent do? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean you paid someone 12,000 baht to submit your application for you?

Other than ‘visit Bangkok’ to submit your application, what did the agent do? 

5000 baht of the 12,000 was visa fee.

Agent went to BKK to submit and collect passport which would have cost me more that 7000 baht anyway. That and agent also removed all hassle and bureaucracy for me, simple - job done.

Are you asking coz you'd like his contact details or just surprised at the cost?

48 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

5000 baht of the 12,000 was visa fee.

Agent went to BKK to submit and collect passport which would have cost me more that 7000 baht anyway. That and agent also removed all hassle and bureaucracy for me, simple - job done.

Are you asking coz you'd like his contact details or just surprised at the cost?

Asking because I was surprised at the cost but didn’t figure that included the £118 charge for the passport and VFS charges. Basically its 7000 baht extra for the use of an agent and avoiding two trips to Bangkok.

Depending on where you I can see that it may be worth it (Transport costs, or flights etc), plus the hassle of travelling and the time it consumes if you are not already in Bangkok. 

I’m in Bangkok, so submission cost me very little in time or transport.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, pontious said:

You can also use VFS premium service - 'walk in without appointment' - cost Baht 1560 if my memory is correct. - Better than waiting.

Yes, I used this.  You immediately get moved to the front of the line, and I was out in around 10 minutes. 

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Email: BangkokHMPO@vfshelpline.com and ask for an appointment. 

You can also ’turn up' at the VFS centre at the Trendy Building, however, you could be waiting all day.

I submitted my passport application about 4 weeks ago. There was a guy there waiting, without an appointment. He’d been there a while and was still waiting when I left.

I received an e-mail from the HMPO that it will take up to 8 weeks to receive my passport. 

I don’t see any way to check on the stage of my passport renewal (i.e. expected collection date etc) when applying from overseas. 

There was a delay in processing my son's passport renewal (which ended up taking nearly 10 weeks).  This email worked for me:

Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk   

or this one: her.majestys.passport.office@notifications.service.gov.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, me again.

Where is the best place to make passport photos which would be accepted?

If I book an appointment, does my daughter to be present (passport is for her) or can I handle everything for her?

On 12/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, AlfHuy said:

Sorry, me again.

Where is the best place to make passport photos which would be accepted?

If I book an appointment, does my daughter to be present (passport is for her) or can I handle everything for her?

There is passport photo machine outside a visa shop less than 50 yards from Trendy building on Soi 13. The options also include selecting the correct photo size for the country you need.

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by john terry1001
  • Like 1

My advice would be to be sure to use a photo machine that has no human interaction from the owner operator of that machine, as the UK PO will not accepted heavily doctored images. Thai photo shops love to edit your picture so much that you end up looking like Mr Data from Star Trek. Sometimes they'll throw in some scrambled eggs on your shoulders for free.

Edited by NilSS
  • Haha 1