Fake VISA Agency!! Who protect us ??

On 11/26/2020 at 11:48 PM, ecosouq said:

I had an experience with a fake visa agency .. they request 5000 THB initially before starting any step .. after we got extension from government last Sep 26th , they disappear and not reply to my calls , line chats, and e-mails. 

In this case ; to whom we can complaint ?. who protect our rights?. how i can get back my money ??. where i can complaint ?.. 

(Deleted)

Like you say "you had an experience" learn from it and don't use shady agencies...

you have basically no rights and complain to the wall.

Do your homework and if you have to use agency services find one that has a reputation for longevity.

I had an experience with a fake visa agency .. they request 5000 THB initially before starting any step .. after we got extension from government last Sep 26th , they disappear and not reply to my calls , line chats, and e-mails. 

In this case ; to whom we can complaint ?. who protect our rights?. how i can get back my money ??. where i can complaint ?.. 

(Deleted)

The Ombudsman (Rangsit office)

My mate used an agent , He had just moved to a new province, and is in bad physical health motor neuron disease, this is why he decided to use an agent to renew marriage extension in Korat, he had the financial requirements etc, she told him  'You don't need photos or witnesses'. completely wrong information, I said to him that if i was you i would get the photos and arrange for witnesses, The day of the renewal he had to sit outside in the heat while, not the agent but one of her staff? went inside came out and said you need photos, apparently she was going in and out asking him for this and that, day of home visit came, they phoned and told him to have the witnesses there! luckily he had taken in what I'd told him. He had paid 5,000 baht for stuff all. Total Rip off. He had not seen the agent since he paid the money. What a shame we are not allowed to name and shame. hint????bee careful all.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:59 AM, mstevens said:

These agencies are operating in the grey zone and this sort of thing isn't unheard of. I know this does not answer your question, but any problems with your passport and visa can turn in to a real nightmare and is the primary reason why many of us would never get involved with an "agency".

I was ripped off by a very well known agency about three years ago. On arriving at the airport, the IO made a genuine mistake  on my passport, and the guy at the agency wanted me to pay him 1000 Bt to get it corrected, I said I would pop in at the airport myself on the way back on the bus to Swampy, he told me not to as they would make things harder for me.

I know it was only the principal, and 1000 Bt is hardly worth bothering about, I have never once had a problem with any IO at the airport either arriving or leaving, although the same cannot be said at my local IO.

I have dealt with a few agencies in Pattaya, and apart from this one, have never had a problem, so really dealing with agents are fine, although there is the odd bad one just the same as any profession.

15 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Fully agree with this. Agents should only be used if you don't have the money or other viable means. If you can do it yourself, that's always the best way

The problem with that is If one doesn't have the money it won't really be Legal. One never knows If one Imm Officer gets Smart they can Cancel ones Extension. If one hasn't got the money being THB 400K/800K they shouldn't be here .

(Deleted)

Dodgey visa agents can be reported at your local dodgey police station or your local dodgey Imm Office.

Archived