Army chief denies Twitter ‘IO’ campaign after documents leaked

webfact

Once you have entrenched yourself in a certain position, you can lie and cheat and deny and deflect without ever having to fear any consequences fro your dishonesty.

And yet you expect - nay, DEMAND! - that people believe you and show you respect.

It's a disgusting attitude, actually.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

On October 8, Twitter announced it had removed 926 accounts that had concealed links to the Army. Members of the opposition said they had already been collecting information on the Army’s information operation (“IO") activities.

And yet he still denies it.

Now with one of the student protest leader, Panusaya 'Rung', being named BBC "most inspiring women" maybe it will be harder for the Junta to shut her up without the world media denouncing this  even more.  Let's hope the international media keeps tabs on her!

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/bbc-names-protest-leader-panusaya-in-global-list-of-100-most-inspiring-women

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Even a child knows to fess up to their blatant wrongdoing when asked more than once. 

Not in Thailand, even for adults let alone children, because that would mean losing face which is the most serious thing that can happen to a Thai. Even if it means them looking stupid, which strangely they don't see as losing face. They will deny deny deny, and if you persist in offering proof they'll just look through you as if you aren't there.

I remember reading here, long ago, of someone who wanted to buy a ticket for a particular long-distance bus that he regularly took at a particular time. The girl selling tickets said there was no bus at that time, he went and got someone from the information booth who confirmed to the girl that there was indeed such a bus, but she still refused to sell him the ticket as that would have meant she lost face. So, in the end, he had to take another bus.

But it isn't just a Thai thing. My first experience of 'losing face' came in Hong Kong, when I was in an Australian restaurant and ordered chicken wings. After a long wait with no wings in sight, I called a waiter over and asked where my order was. He went to check, and it transpired that they had sold out and the waitress didn't come and tell me because - well, you know.

So your comment should say, 'In the real world. where children learn at an early age...' So often in Asia, adults still have the mind of a child. By the way, I'm looking forward to a Hello Kitty case for my phone for Christmas.

1 hour ago, HaoleBoy said:

Now with one of the student protest leader, Panusaya 'Rung', being named BBC "most inspiring women" maybe it will be harder for the Junta to shut her up without the world media denouncing this  even more.  Let's hope the international media keeps tabs on her!

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/bbc-names-protest-leader-panusaya-in-global-list-of-100-most-inspiring-women

She'll finish 99th against Jacinda Ardern. You can read the BBC like a book.

37 minutes ago, Traubert said:

She'll finish 99th against Jacinda Ardern. You can read the BBC like a book.

Yes, Traubert. We all know you have a fondness for authoritarian regimes.

See a shrink and talk about your childhood. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It seems that the main criteria to be the army chief in Thailand is, you have to be an outright liar, and, when caught out, just blatantly deny everything ! 

If this latest fella is not a prime example, previous chiefs, coming out with sayings like "there will not be a coup" certainly are !

And it seems oh so easy to believe Twitter and other social media sights, especially when they say something you want to hear.

And of course, those sites are so honest, ethical with absolutely no agendas of their own.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

But you know they will just dismiss that saying poor misguided foreigners will never be able to understand Thainess and all it entails.

9 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And it seems oh so easy to believe Twitter and other social media sights, especially when they say something you want to hear.

And of course, those sites are so honest, ethical with absolutely no agendas of their own.

It wasn’t twitter who did the real investigating. 

Stanford Internet Observatory did the real investigation initially and twitter acted on it.

Twitter certainly do have agendas when it comes to politics and which side they lean towards; just not not sure what their agenda would be here. In fact, they just blocked a user today for exposing more of these IOs today. 

Unless of course you believe the idea of Thai tax payer money being used to promote the junta isn’t plausible? ‘Cos it seems pretty plausible to me. Well, it’s been proven.