1st Extension @ Samut Prakan ... Smooth

Good Morning all,  just and update and F.Y.I. for my experience @ Samut Prakan Immigration ..

My first 1 year extension  Non-O based on marriage from the U.S.A.   Started out wednesday AM, we went to the Amphur to update the marriage certificate and my wife also had to correct / update her last name.   got there @ 10:30am ..  packed house .. directed by staff to go to desk #5  within 2 minutes she was in the chair .. they took her paperwork and she was called back up in 3 minutes, a little back and forth with the recorder and  done  15 minutes..  walked across the the immigration office,  went to the  information trailer and wife got the  official list of requirements document and they also gave her the  2 sign off docs.  back home got the photos ready  ... Front of House with Address/Bedroom/Kitchen/Living Room   I printed them out 2 pics per sheet on photo paper as well as a full page of each..just in case . copied all pages of my bank book, relative pages of my passport, Wifes ID card and passport, "Witness" info ( they wanted a witness on the visit. we took her brother with us and copies of his  ID card and Blue book. ) hand drawn map to the house, copies of both TM6 and TM30 , copies of rental contract, landlords ID, and Chanote for the property.  Made 2 sets of everything and we both signed every paper and picture at the bottom in blue ink. Thurs am @ the Bank/Kasikorn  8:30 am got the form letter and a 2 month print out of all transactions ,  all dates were recorded as  Wednesday the  25th ( Samut Prakan List say up to 7 days ok ) made a Bhat100 deposit and ran the  book to get the  "26th update" 

walked out of the  bank 9:00 am sharp .. drove over to Immigration  took a bit to get a parking space ( brother in law drives like Mr. Magoo ) 9:50 am went to information trailer, the staff took the package and sorted out all the paperwork and organized it, handed me back all the  full page photos ( not needed ) gave us a Que # and we sat down in front .. 10:02 am ...I downloaded the  QueQ app so you can scan the  que tick and get real time info.. we had 8 tags in front of us.. 10:16 we were up and went to window #3  Woman went thru everything with a fine tooth comb, had my brother in law sign his copies,   collected my B1900 and sent us over to the  photo window, we were photo'  together given a receipt and #23 told to sit outside and wait. 10:58 clerk called us and handed me back my passport with  a little green slip of paper stating  under consideration and a handwritten memo on the back for Dec 28th The actual passport has the  under consideration stamp and the stapled in a 90 day report notice due 23rd Feb/21    The staff also said they will call and come for a home visit in the next few days..  

All in all it went so smooth and fast.   Hats off to Samut Prakan office and staff ! and thank you to all the Thai Visa Forum members who shared good info and updates..     Thank you Thank you

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why was he lucky? he followed all the rules as i have done every year for15yrs, never a problem.

Agreed. I too used Paknam (Samut Prakan) last month. Helpful people, one-year extension granted no probs. I stay polite but not grovelling. Unlike one farang there during my visit, who was moaning at me in the queue about how awful it was that we should suffer such indignity and then shouting the odds at the guy on the door. He was still there when we left, getting nowhere.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:43 AM, mike787 said:

This time you're lucky, let's see how long this process repeats and you last in Thailand. 

Not you, was it?

2 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

Not you, was it?

Nope I'm in TRAT. Polite is the way to go i just sit there and sign whatever they want, in fact got them laughing as i counted out my signatures which totaled 53! they were still smiling when i left. Also some guy who had to keep returning to his M/C for documents, i suggested it would be easier if he brought his M/C inside, the whole office went into raucous laughter.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Nope I'm in TRAT. Polite is the way to go i just sit there and sign whatever they want, in fact got them laughing as i counted out my signatures which totaled 53! they were still smiling when i left. Also some guy who had to keep returning to his M/C for documents, i suggested it would be easier if he brought his M/C inside, the whole office went into raucous laughter.

Wasn't aimed at you! At the guy who said "This time you're lucky, let's see how long this process repeats and you last in Thailand" - I agree with you that his was not exactly a helpful comment.

Archived