Afghan migrant: I thought France was humane until police beat me

webfact

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He is a financially independent long stay tourist with permission to stay in the country, there is a difference.

People who have used the means they have at their disposal to move to another country for a better life.

The only significant difference is the ‘means at their disposal’.

If I were born in Afghanistan I’d do all in my power to get out of the place, a little more honesty on that matter might see others admitting so would they.

Migrants are migrants.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I worked for my country for 44 yrs i paid taxes and hopefully helped in the building of a fine society,why dont they try that ,? Not just run to get freebies and then riot when they dont get what they want?

Sorry but you have no argument whatsoever.

Good for you.

But it does change the fact that you, like the Afghan guy, are a migrant.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Not really, migrant (for my understanding) assumes a right to permanently stay in the country, the word migrant coming from immigrant, a migrant has permanently changed his country and becomes a citizen of his new country. We are lower down the food chain we don't have the right to stay here we have permission to do so which can be withdrawn at any time. No matter how well we are integrated it matters not, we are long stay tourists nothing more.

Your understanding of what constitutes a migrant is incorrect.

mi·grant
/ˈmīɡrənt/

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who moves from one place to another, especially in order to find work or better living conditions.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

mi·grant
/ˈmīɡrənt/

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who moves from one place to another, especially in order to find work or better living conditions.

neither applies to me, I'm a long stay tourist????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

mi·grant
/ˈmīɡrənt/

noun
  1. 1. 

Keep trying Chomper,you convince yourself and a couple of others who want to believe,but the vast majority of us now rhe score,give up your fighting a losing cause,anyway all the best to you ,it must be cosy in your world

• Like 2

On 11/27/2020 at 12:01 PM, LomSak27 said:

Excuse, my mistake. Let me rephrase, , knife, guns and vehicle attacks made by migrant "co religionists" has led to French people being less than warm and welcoming.

The OP is in reference to excessive French police violence against unarmed protesters, not a response to a terrorist attack. French police culture is now being investigated due to other violent attacks on minorities e.g.

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20201127-macron-very-shocked-by-police-brutality-images-as-pressure-on-govt-mounts

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 12:59 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Which Afghan’s have committed these crimes in France?

Or is it you don’t know what ‘compatriot’ means?

I could provide the list of recent crimes - terror attacks - committed by so called Afghan - or no- -  refugess/ fake and real asylum seekers in France but it would be consided off topic, LOL  

Edited by Opl
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 1:21 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

People who have used the means they have at their disposal to move to another country for a better life.

The only significant difference is the ‘means at their disposal’.

If I were born in Afghanistan I’d do all in my power to get out of the place, a little more honesty on that matter might see others admitting so would they.

Migrants are migrants.

"if you were born in Afghanistan .."  you're right with a little  common sense these people should refrain from producing at large scale migration candidates nobody in the West is willing to sponsor endlessly. Polygamy has consequences in a poor country. 

"A better life" ... for young men , because Europe isn't good for women according to their standards, LOL    

To be a migrant isn't an ambition in life, even more when you didn't really chose the country you moved to and find yourself stuck in France.   

Edited by Opl
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, stretch5163 said:

Lol im splitting my sides here then they would be back in the same situation as before giving Isis and the Taliban control and where would you be then.

They would still want the intenational aid and the like which im sure would get dispersed to the people that need it...

Instead of all these young single males leaving afghanistan and illegally entering other countries why dont they stay were they are and stand up for themselves.

Because they prefere to run away and scrounge off the west

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

They dont enter illegally, it is perfectly legal to claim asylum. It is also perfectly normal to want to get away from foreign invaders starting a war.

you are so wrong ! they of course enter illegally, then claim asylum !!! how could they enter legally, you think that they can get a tourist visa ?! so ridiculous to talk when you know perfectly nothing !

more that, most of them only goes to Europe for economic reasons and VERY FEW have a war reason or any BS reason from their SH country !

Edited by l4ml4m
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

It's too late for France, it has been invaded and islamized already ! By the way, aren't afghan supposed to live in Afghanistan ?

France is not Islamised, it's a secular society. As to your follow on comment, how would you feel if other countries stated "Aren't the French meant to live in France - deport all French migrants!"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sujo said:

They dont enter illegally, it is perfectly legal to claim asylum. It is also perfectly normal to want to get away from foreign invaders starting a war.

Ann to get away from making your country a better place and going on the scrounge in the west. What would have happened to Britain when we were at war ,if all the young men had run away? 

9 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

you are so wrong ! they of course enter illegally, then claim asylum !!! how could they enter legally, you think that they can get a tourist visa ?! so ridiculous to talk when you know perfectly nothing !

more that, most of them only goes to Europe for economic reasons and VERY FEW have a war reason or any BS reason from their SH country !

Under international law it is not illegal to enter a country and claim asylum. Has France changed it's domestic laws to ban people entering France to claim asylum; if so please provide a link to the legislation.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Ann to get away from making your country a better place and going on the scrounge in the west. What would have happened to Britain when we were at war ,if all the young men had run away? 

It is ridiculous to compare UK to Afghanistan. Afghanistan has had a cruel civil war for years, invaded twice in our lifetimes, with a massively corrupt unstable government. Afghanis are fighting for their country, but losing their lives in the hundreds every month with no reasonable outlook they will defeat the Taliban and IS. (one assumes due to endemic corruption).

US is pulling out, which it has declared it will do for a number of years, contrary to big mouth trump previously declaring he would never publicly declare intentions or negotiate with the enemy during war. I don't know the percentage, but many Afghan asylum seekers / refugees are Shiite. There are an estimated 1.5 million Afghan refugees in Pakistan and roughly four million Afghanis in Iran, composing those registered to live, approx one million refugees and an estimated one million 'illegals'. Accordingly it's a relatively small number trying to reach the West. It would be logical those trying to gain refugee status in the West are seeking to assist their families who have been refugees for years, some more than twenty years with no hope.  Last time the Taliban were losing territory hundreds of thousands of Afghans re-entered Afghanistan from Pakistan and Iran, obviously that's not going to happen again anytime soon, especially with IS added to the mix.

Edited by simple1

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

France is not Islamised, it's a secular society. As to your follow on comment, how would you feel if other countries stated "Aren't the French meant to live in France - deport all French migrants!"

"France is not islamised" ..but  French get randomly sentenced to death when trespassing certain foreign laws, 

Edited by Opl

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Under international law it is not illegal to enter a country and claim asylum. Has France changed it's domestic laws to ban people entering France to claim asylum; if so please provide a link to the legislation.

Smuggle into Europe under whatever false claim - the best root beeing the " asylum" . Get rejected from different countries, then finally end up in France - last port to the Atlantic..

Stay for a decade, undocumented. But do get social healthcare, have a few kids giving you rights to social benefits, make a living, settle. 

Then with the help pf comprehensive NGOs, get your situation legally cleared, .bring in the rest of your family .

You just need to be patient , it works -  you're just 1 among constant 1M without documents. processing the same way. 

Occasionnally, complain about French Pölice, racism, islamophobia... aboiut your living conditions, and French core values. and there are not enough mosques, schools to meet your needs. 

Your attempt to compare French migrants to usual illegal migrants from Asia , MENA, Africa, is utmost ridiculous, French people want their country back. With good reasons. Period.