Under consideration question

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It seems you applied at an office that starts the under consideration period from the day your current permit to stay ends.

All the offices here in the NE do it that way since it a directive from the division headquarters.

Phetchabun Imm.

I could have applied much closer to 19/12 but guess it does n't really matter?

11 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

Also did mine at Petchabun and it was 30 days. 

They did  the home visit very soon after applying and charged 2000 baht for it. Since then I have spoken to several expats who applied recently and all were hit for the same fee.

yes, they're coming to visit me this next week.

What's the 2000 baht for, beer tokens?

1 hour ago, Bangyai said:

They did  the home visit very soon after applying and charged 2000 baht for it. Since then I have spoken to several expats who applied recently and all were hit for the same fee.

You mean they asked you for a 2000THB tip, which you gave them. Next time just don't give it to them.

Phetchabun tried that with me, I immidiately said show me where it is a requirement, no response, I said I will check this with Bangkok. When they arrived at the house, there was no further mention of it.

Dont succumb to that <deleted> ! It perpetuates the problem for others.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Phetchabun tried that with me, I immidiately said show me where it is a requirement, no response, I said I will check this with Bangkok. When they arrived at the house, there was no further mention of it.

Dont succumb to that <deleted> ! It perpetuates the problem for others.

Yup, sometimes at any request for a “ tip “ just stare into their eyes, they quickly avoid your gaze and victory is yours .

Yesterday had my 8th service at Honda , the guy didn’t stamp the book just wrote date, mileage and a signature.

I motioned and asked him about the stamp ,

” no hab “ he said.

” I no hab money “ I replied.

Sure enough a stamp was found.

It’s not being arrogant, it’s just standing up for yourself and not allow to be scammed .

5 hours ago, Bangyai said:

Also did mine at Petchabun and it was 30 days. 

I hope you kept the receipt they gave you. :whistling:

4 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

We all know it's not as simple as that, these people can make things very difficult for you if they wish to.

And by this they would risk that you push the matter of them demanding a bribe and they might end up on an inactive post?

Won't happen, they are just skimming off the top, and if somebody doesn't look like an easy target they will back off.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:34 AM, CharlieH said:

Dont succumb to that <deleted> ! It perpetuates the problem for others

Most people are in fear of not getting their extension if they don't pay up. Takes a bit of courage stand up to them in fear of a 7 days go home stamp.  I do feel they are just trying it on, if it works, fine, if not, shrug of shoulders. They feel invulnerable.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Most people are in fear of not getting their extension if they don't pay up. Takes a bit of courage stand up to them in fear of a 7 days go home stamp.  I do feel they are just trying it on, if it works, fine, if not, shrug of shoulders. They feel invulnerable.

Totally agree.

I normally go to Savanaket for yearly non O coz i'm in and out the country all the time ( normally ), this cost is normally about 15K ( hotels / fuel / visa fees etc ), so 1900 for the extension plus potentially 2000 beer tokens is still a result.

When they visit i will ask what it's for and see what reaction i get.

Archived