How to get into Thailand with the pandemic situation right now?

Hi to everyone.

I've recently made a huge mistake.

I was married to my Thai wife in Thailand and because of the political tensions, the covid restrictions and all the pressure to leave i eventually left to go visit my friend in the states where life is a little closer to past normalities and thought life would be more reasonable.

problem is, the authorities in the states refused me entry. They were completely bunkers and treated me like a terrorist even thought i was extremely polite, and no, i don't have any criminal records or anything like that. They then sent me back to my country where i'm in quarantine and my life is ruined because i don't have a family or friends here. Impossible to find an apartment because requirements are inhuman and the price too. I will most likely end up homeless when i'm out of quarantine and sleep in -20 degree celsius where i don't have much chance to survive.

now the big problem is that i divorced my wife because we don't believe in long distance relationships because it never works, even though we still love each other, and realized that pretty hard when we split up at the airport..

It was extremely hard and we both cried a lot.. If i hadn't divorced her, i could've just gone back to Thailand and stamp Non O.

Now if anyone could help me know the best and easiest way to comeback to Thailand so me and my girl could be together again,

i would be extremely grateful.

Please don't say nasty things.. i'm already down enough.

I know it was a big mistake.

Thanks to everyone

Anybody can come back now on a 60-day SingleEntry Tourist Visa irrespective of age/nationality/country.  But you would need to meet the current CoE requirements for entry, which means facing the 15-day quarantaine on arrival, and you would need to buy a 100,000 US $ covid-19 insurance for the duration of the 60-day permission to stay that Visa would provide you.  You would probably also need a 'throw-away' return flight-ticket (instead of buying a one-way ticket you could buy a return-ticket as the price difference is often negligible, otherwise look for cheap one-way tickets to neighboring countries of Thailand).

Once in Thailand you will need to find a way to stay longer term because the 60-day Tourist Visa allows a 30-day extension, but afterwards you would need another solution to stay here.

When responding to this message do provide following details so that posters can provide you with options for longer-stay once your 60-day permission to stay is due to expire.

Data of relevance:

- age and nationality

- officially married to a Thai national, or with Thai dependent children

- recipient of monthly income and if so the amount of such income (e.g. pension, rental income, ...)

Your age, nationality and country where you are presently residing are also needed to provide you with cheapest option for the required covid-19 insurance.

Success!

I'm Canadian, and i have no problem to stay in Thailand after. i have many people who can help me once i'm there. Mostly for jobs and work visa.

but my problem is only to enter.. I do not have 100,000$ and/or the 500,000baht that i heard some people say is required on a bank statement to get entry. I would like to have other options if anyone has some contacts or any ideas.

2 minutes ago, Keymaster said:

I'm Canadian, and i have no problem to stay in Thailand after. i have many people who can help me once i'm there. Mostly for jobs and work visa.

but my problem is only to enter.. I do not have 100,000$ and/or the 500,000baht that i heard some people say is required on a bank statement to get entry. I would like to have other options if anyone has some contacts or any ideas.

Tourist Visa (SETV) monetary requirement shown as A copy of Bank statement with an equivalent of no less than 20,000 Baht. (Approx. 1,000 CAD)

https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/content/119628-thailand-visa-and-coe?cate=5f069ee272a783584326eaf5

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/pFxDf7ZYQ7/ไฟล์เอกสาร/VISAS-COE/I_TOURIST_VISA.pdf

I would say your best option is to apply for a single entry tourist visa to get a certificate of entry at a Thai embassy or official consulate in the country where you are at. Then if you remarried your girlfriend you could apply for 90 day non-o visa entry and then a one year extension based upon marriage if you could show 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income. For the visa application the 400k baht would only need to be in the bank on the day you apply and then 2 months on the day you apply for the extension of stay. Or after marriage you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit her that would allow a total stay of almost 5 months (including the 60 day entry and 30 day extension of it from the tourist visa).

In low risk countries you could possibly get a special tourist visa (STV) that allows one 90 day and entry and two 90 day extension that allow a total stay of almost 270 days. The requires health insurance and etc that can make it is costly visa to get.

It would help to know what country you are in now.

5 minutes ago, Keymaster said:

That financial requirement has been dropped.

You need obtain SETV and go through the process if you wish to return to Thailand.

The requirements are clear and many threads to help you.

All up it may cost you 100,000baht.

You have that you can come, if not stay where you are.

The 500,000 requirement was removed last week so as Jack says above, you just need to be able to show (if asked) you have 20,000 THB (or equivalent) in cash when you arrive. 

a 100,000$ Covid Policy can be got for 1-2,000 THB & only needs to be valid for the duration of your stay (assuming a Single Entry Tourist Visa this would be 60 days).

Your biggest expense is likely to be ASQ which starts around 30,000 THB for the 14 days quarantine but there are  some discussions ongoing about this being reduced to 10 or even 7 days which will obviously reduce the cost 

I don't understand the OP. If he is genuine then surely he would seek out accomadation in a shared house via Airbnb which has an oversupply of rooms. Or even go backpackers as still plenty open. 

Only reason to be homeless is if you have no money 

Strange post. 

madmen

They don't give you an apartment only if you have money for it in Canada anymore.. They require you to have a job and i was gone for 7 years.. try to understand that the world is far from pink nowadays with this whole thing that's happening.. go out a travel right now and you'll see what i mean.

8 minutes ago, Keymaster said:

I will do all i can to go to the embassy or have someone go there for me and get that visa. Now i feel i have a little more options.

Everything has to be done by mail or online now. No need to go to the embassy for anything.

"If your visa has expired or you do not have visa, you need to apply for a visa. Please send all required documents for a visa via postal mail or courier to the Thai Embassy in Ottawa, 180 Island Park Drive, Ottawa, ON K1Y 0A2."

Source: https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/pFxDf7ZYQ7/ไฟล์เอกสาร/VISAS-COE/I_TOURIST_VISA.pdf

17 minutes ago, Keymaster said:

madmen

They don't give you an apartment only if you have money for it in Canada anymore.. They require you to have a job and i was gone for 7 years.. try to understand that the world is far from pink nowadays with this whole thing that's happening.. go out a travel right now and you'll see what i mean.

I did travel and I'm in Australia now in an air bnb room 

What country you in I will PM you a link to accomadation. Air bnb does not require being employed and you don't even need a deposit 

I'm trying to help keep you off the streets 

3 hours ago, Keymaster said:

You do not need $100,000. You need an insurance policy that covers up to $100,000 medical expenses for COVID. If coming in on a tourist visa you would need only 60 days cover (maybe get 90 to be sure in case your departure date slips).  Coming from Canada  this will cost only  4-6,000 baht.  https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

For the visa, the only financial requirement is "A copy of Bank statement with an equivalent of no less than 20,000 Baht. (Approx. 1,000 CAD)" see https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/content/119628-thailand-visa-and-coe?cate=5f069ee272a783584326eaf5

and click on Tourist visa

Now what will be more costly is the mandatory 14 days (actually 15 nights) quarantine and also the flight

https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/content/thailand-s-coe-registration-guideline-for-air-trav?cate=5f069ee272a783584326eaf5

https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/content/119628-thailand-visa-and-coe?cate=5f069ee272a783584326eaf5

Once here oin a touyrist visa, if you remarry you can apply to change status to non-O and then pursue marruage extension but note that it requires either 400,000 baht in the bank or proof of 40,000 baht/month income

15 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

you divorced your wife whilst outside Thailand ?

It seems the divorce was done just before leaving Thailand by mutual consent because neither of them believes in long distance relationships. If sure you are not returning to Thailand, this is reasonable, as it is really easy if they go together to the amphoe.

I don’t think you can get divorced that quick if you are not in Thailand and if you were in Thailand before I think you have to both go to the amphur to get divorced unless you fill out a form to submit saying you wish to separate and the partner shows it at the office . As stated I’m pretty sure air bnb have no shortage of places to rent .

now the big problem is that i divorced my wife because we don't believe in long distance relationships because it never works, even though we still love each other, and realized that pretty hard when we split up at the airport..

It was extremely hard and we both cried a lot.. If i hadn't divorced her, i could've just gone back to Thailand and stamp Non O.

A strange post, OP. How/why would you split up if you "still love each other"?

Coming back might be much more comfortable than supporting your wife and yourself and perhaps her family.

And people do get older, and teaching seems to be the only option for you. 

Your girl might leave you when you run out of cash. Love is a feeling that comes and goes.

Best of luck getting back and finding employment that allows you to enjoy life. 

Archived