AI powered CCTV cameras to target helmetless motorcyclists in Chiang Mai

webfact

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Seems like you are arguing for the sake of argument...  like one of those guys who sees their ‘rights being stripped away’ and cries government control conspiracy at every turn. 

your right again.  i love arguing with you.   You are never right but always think you are.  it gives me great pleasure.   And i can always count on you going on and on trying to impress us all how right you are.   this is why i love guys like you.  tenacious !   you can be on my swat team anytime .

pumpin' and humpin ' ....... we need more guys like you to show us the way .  thanks  rs237

ps.    i just skim your posts as i am not interested.   maybe you should ignore mine ?  like you do opinions on a google search that don't match yours.

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rumak said:

your right again.  i love arguing with you.   You are never right but always think you are.  it gives me great pleasure.   And i can always count on you going on and on trying to impress us all how right you are.   this is why i love guys like you.  tenacious !   you can be on my swat team anytime .

pumpin' and humpin ' ....... we need more guys like you to show us the way .  thanks  rs237

ps.    i just skim your posts as i am not interested.   maybe you should ignore mine ?  like you do opinions on a google search that don't match yours.

It amuses me too. TVM!

Just now, Traubert said:

It amuses me too. TVM!

And TVM ( i had to google that   lol )   to you as well  !    I thought "uh oh ,  i'm gonna get another lecture from someone slamming me for using the wrong fork to eat salad"

ah,  but i was wrong.    thx ,  now i can go back to living the FSW      (frank sinatra way)

On 11/27/2020 at 10:23 AM, sungod said:

Wonder if they will be as effective as the cameras that stop the red light runners.

Seem to be quite effective with their latest ones, i received my first ticket already. What I actually wonder more is how they will deal with the hundreds of tourists that rent a bike for a few days as the tickets come in afterwards. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, rumak said:

Reading the opinions of others is interesting, it's the whole point of a debate and this forum. Not everyones opinion will agree and sometimes we are reminded that other’s can be impossibly off base.

In this case you wear a helmet but don’t think the government should tell you to do so. You don’t think the government should tell others to do so either - fortunately governments world wide disagree with you and agree that stupid people need protection from themselves, if not just for their benefit, but for that of their families and society on a whole. 

But, don’t let the ‘general good’ get in the way of your precious ‘don’t tell me what to do’ rights  !!!! 

On 11/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Flawed thinking.... 

If some idiot without a helmet pulls out in front of me and I hit him, a helmet can be the difference between a few cuts and bruises and severe head trauma and death... All it takes is a fall and to smack ones head of the road / curb and the person driving the car has to live with the guilt of inadvertently and unavoidably killing someone, also having to deal with the compensation clams that will come from that (reason to have a dash-cam). 

Thus: Riding without a helmet is most certainly not ‘victimless’....

your post is illogical
the victim that suffers more is the one that chooses not to wear a helmet
if they pull out when they should not
their fault

if YOU hit someone, and are at fault to be able to feel any guilt
their helmet does not come into question, YOUR bad driving does
the cheap plastic p!ss pots worn here offer very little protection,
it is just a symbolic gesture
those who actually care about their own safety wear proper helmets

Just now, patman30 said:

your post is illogical
the victim that suffers more is the one that chooses not to wear a helmet
if they pull out when they should not
their fault

if YOU hit someone, and are at fault to be able to feel any guilt
their helmet does not come into question, YOUR bad driving does
the cheap plastic p!ss pots worn here offer very little protection,
it is just a symbolic gesture
those who actually care about their own safety wear proper helmets

Your assumption is based on no fault, no feeling of guilt.

In a situation where the other party is 100% at fault, I would still hate for anyone I care about to be involved in an accident where the other party dies or becomes disabled. 

I would like to think I could brush off such an accident with ‘its their fault, not my problem’ but the reality is, if I was involved in an accident where someone died or become disabled, I would feel terrible and thats more likely if someone is not wearing a helmet, or as you mentioned wearing a cheap p!55 pot helmet.

I agree that those cheap p!55 pot helmets are just a symbolic gesture - I’m surprised supermarkets can even sell them. 

I also have a similar opinion of seatbelts in cars, and child seats. 

Those who chose not to wear seatbelts are stupid. Those who chose not to place their children in car seats are stupid and careless. 

I am also critical of car manufacturers who through legislation are forced to have a system whereby the ‘alarm sounds’ if someone sits in any of the front seats without a seatbelt. Why don’t car manufactures also do this for the rear seats? the answer is of course, cost. They are not forced to. 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:42 AM, rumak said:

s far as helmets and seat belts........  should be up to individual    ( IMO ! )

fine if they waive  al  rights  to free  heath care and any financial settlement by a third  party even if the third  parties at   fault

• Like 1

I guess we will see more mortocyle with no plates or the plate at an angle that make it impossible to read like in many larger bike.

I also noticed in the last few month many car owner spray paint the plate number lightly with white paint or use sand paper to remove the black paint. I wonder if the computer will have problems reading it. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 4:10 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Your assumption is based on no fault, no feeling of guilt.

In a situation where the other party is 100% at fault, I would still hate for anyone I care about to be involved in an accident where the other party dies or becomes disabled. 

I would like to think I could brush off such an accident with ‘its their fault, not my problem’ but the reality is, if I was involved in an accident where someone died or become disabled, I would feel terrible and thats more likely if someone is not wearing a helmet, or as you mentioned wearing a cheap p!55 pot helmet.

I agree that those cheap p!55 pot helmets are just a symbolic gesture - I’m surprised supermarkets can even sell them. 

I also have a similar opinion of seatbelts in cars, and child seats. 

Those who chose not to wear seatbelts are stupid. Those who chose not to place their children in car seats are stupid and careless. 

I am also critical of car manufacturers who through legislation are forced to have a system whereby the ‘alarm sounds’ if someone sits in any of the front seats without a seatbelt. Why don’t car manufactures also do this for the rear seats? the answer is of course, cost. They are not forced to.

to feel "guilty" implies wrong doing of some sort
you could "pity" the fool that caused the accident which caused them to lose their life due to not wearing protective head gear
but you did not use "pity" you used "guilt"
i can only assume english words are being used correctly when you type them

using the words you typed, your logic is
others must wear protective gear
so i dont feel "guilty" when i kill them with my bad driving
but maybe you chose the wrong words to use

the root cause of any accident is eductaion
there is no road safety education here, and very little in other countries
but obeying all the rules, does NOT mean you are driving safely either

but the problem with what you want, is where to draw the line
should we demand everyone must now own a vehicle that matches or betters Tesla's safety performance ?

soon we will not be permitted to drive the vehicles, so enjoy the freedom while you can.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:31 PM, cnx355 said:

I guess we will see more mortocyle with no plates or the plate at an angle that make it impossible to read like in many larger bike.

I also noticed in the last few month many car owner spray paint the plate number lightly with white paint or use sand paper to remove the black paint. I wonder if the computer will have problems reading it. 

they will likely have cameras facing oncoming traffic????‍♂️
while bikes only have plates at the rear????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, patman30 said:

they will likely have cameras facing oncoming traffic????‍♂️
while bikes only have plates at the rear????

They seem to be trying their very best to overcome your argument......Cnr. Ratchamanka & Prapokkloa, Chiang Mai.

received_194747712215080.jpeg

Edited by UncleMhee
Clarification
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Next will be the AI cameras checking for "white line violations".  That's a real money maker with the badly planned/laid out roads here ????

According to signs, there are already lane control cameras on some tollways and main roads around Bangkok. Not sure if they are working, effective or enforced. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Flawed thinking.... 

If some idiot without a helmet pulls out in front of me and I hit him, a helmet can be the difference between a few cuts and bruises and severe head trauma and death... All it takes is a fall and to smack ones head of the road / curb and the person driving the car has to live with the guilt of inadvertently and unavoidably killing someone, also having to deal with the compensation clams that will come from that (reason to have a dash-cam). 

Thus: Riding without a helmet is most certainly not ‘victimless’....

As a medic I can tell you are wrong about that as most helmets bought by Thais would break and turn into knifes. With proper and certified helmets it is another story and you would be right.

Anyway, I received one picture of myself already for not wearing a helmet. I wonder how they will deal with the thousands of tourists on rental motorbikes though. Rental shops would be bankrupt in no time.

Edited by ChaiyaTH