Thai public health minister sets up "Weed Committee" to spread the word about marijuana

webfact

Why bother?  Thailand is never going to legalize weed. The profit potential of keeping it illegal or semi legal is too great. The whole world follows the idiotic drug laws of the United States. Hop over to Cambodia and buy yourself a "Happy Pizza".  It's not actually "legal" there, either, but they have a nice local attitude and a loophole.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Weeeed look out the gardener is coming! Blip a blob bib bib

271852878_download(18).jpg.8f394d445add8ba9b2d2990694d87a04.jpg

I used to also like Muffin the Mule yes i'm that old, but my taste has changed over the years LMFO

I thought Muffin the Mule was a sexual offence

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2020 at 11:18 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Time for the Cheech and Chong movies to make a comeback Anutin.  Contact the growers in the California enclave of Humboldt County where the Marijuana gardens and indoor grows using hot houses with spikes were set-up.  Contact the Growers in Santa CRuz, Ca. and then in Canada as well.  Then send out free subscriptions of High Times to everyone.  Time for a few Woodstock events.  Let's do this.....

Image result for spike marijuana plants indoor grow

But I would suggest you watch "Reefer Madness" first just so you are aware of the dangers lol!  Another of Americas hairbrain propaganda programmes that has come back after all these years to make them look like absolute idiots (and without Donald this time hahaha).

21 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Living in a country where we legalized marijuana recently...  I can telly the effect of tourism on our country.

Absolutely zero.  Most people don't travel half way around the world to get high on weed.  In the amazon rain forest a select few do to deal with depression, and this is well known and has nothing to do with this common plant.  

It would be like going to Laos just for beer Lao.  Great beer, but I wouldn't go to Laos for that.  

I dont know about that??  Years ago there were hordes of us that donned our flowery shirts, sandals and back packs and headed off to places like Katmandu, Marraketch and many other places to sample the local weed lol!

26 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

But I would suggest you watch "Reefer Madness" first just so you are aware of the dangers lol!  Another of Americas hairbrain propaganda programmes that has come back after all these years to make them look like absolute idiots (and without Donald this time hahaha).

Image result for reefer madness gifImage result for reefer madness gif

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Why bother?  Thailand is never going to legalize weed. The profit potential of keeping it illegal or semi legal is too great. The whole world follows the idiotic drug laws of the United States. Hop over to Cambodia and buy yourself a "Happy Pizza".  It's not actually "legal" there, either, but they have a nice local attitude and a loophole.

'The profit potential of keeping it illegal or semi legal is too great'

Errrrrr, incorrect.

Take a trip to the US and use an app called 'Weedmaps'.....each of these 'shops' (hundreds, if not thousands) sells around $100,000/day (I asked a shop assistant about their takings)....do the maths.

36 minutes ago, Suua said:

'The profit potential of keeping it illegal or semi legal is too great'

Errrrrr, incorrect.

Take a trip to the US and use an app called 'Weedmaps'.....each of these 'shops' (hundreds, if not thousands) sells around $100,000/day (I asked a shop assistant about their takings)....do the maths.

he was high and gave you random numbers

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Non-medical marijuana:
You have a condition like cancer.  You self-medicate with cannabis leaf to relieve your pain.  The cops find out, arrest you, and you die in agony after being thrown in a s**thole prison with the label of 'criminal' for having dared to use non-medical marijuana.
Medical marijuana:
You have a condition like cancer.  You make appointments with doctors who make tests and physicals.  If you have the right kind of special cancer then you are prescribed and small bottle of oil branded with the logo of a company making some seriously good revenues by allow you to consume a few drops of expensive produce they processed from cannabis plants. However, use the actual plant itself and bypass the corporation making revenues than you'll find yourself labelled a criminal and thrown into jail of the use of non-medical marijuana. Meanwhile, other conditions that are routinely treated in Western countries are not on the restrictive Thai "allowed" list so you're not allow to relieve your suffering and pain.  You choice now? 
1) Suffer (the doctors and authorities know it's your bad karma anyway and you deserve to suffer), or 2)  see Non-medical marijuana.

Don't you feel plain ridiculous with your plain paranoia ?

You clearly do not understand what happens in this country ! Nobody gives a f... that you use weed or not, for condition or not !!!

And if you do not spend all your nights in a nightclub where you might be tested for drugs, who do you think will find that you eat or smoke weed ?!

Why are old men so ridiculous ? I hope that I won't be so dumb when I will be old !!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, RocketDog said:

I was informed by a doctor in the Cannabis Clinic in Pranburi that use of any THC product is limited to people dying of cancer or suffering from Parkinson disease. That's pretty much the definition of 'non-recreational' I think!

I think it may be medical staff and not only the people who must be better informed. We're still a long way from any meaningful drug reform here. 

At this point there is no standardization in the terms of prescribing CBD oil.  If a doctor or doctors are anti-cannabis, then the conditions it will be allow for will be minuscule.  Many Thai doctors truly believe that people's suffering is based on their karma is if they have extreme suffering it's their own fault, and they as doctors feel no need to alleviate patients karma-based agony. It's not their problem right?   I personally consider doctors like that to be inhuman monsters.

However - Go to a different clinic, get a completely different story.  Such as the brochure below. 
Imag2.jpg.0722ed157945de36ae03829771060b10.jpg

My guess is that those companies growing and processing cannabis would be happy to sell their entire lot as export and not have any available for domestic use.  This was never about relieving the suffering of people residing in Thailand and the fact the it's impossible to get in Thailand for conditions that it is routinely prescribed for in the West speaks for itself.  The entire scheme was about decriminalizing cannabis for a select few growers and manufactures who could then create cannabis products that could then compete with and be sold on the international markets.  It's a revenue maker and profit center for those who were anointed to become legal cannabis producers by their friends in office. 
Cannabis was made legal for special growers and special manufacturers.

Cannabis is still illegal for virtually every Thai who would like to generate additional income for their family by growing cannabis and by being able to create tinctures, decoctions, and products that can be used for medical purposes.  I don't expect that to change as it controls entry to the market and maintains monopolies.

However  --- Feel free to Change My Mind.

But as long as the only effective, affordable medicine I can get from Thai doctors for my chronic insomnia is a benzodiazapine which is both a narcotic and addictive - instead of being allowed to use cannabis in the form of CBD oil which is non-narcotic and non-addictive (and which IS on the marketing brochure below but I'm unable to get it from any cannabis clinic or hospital in Northern Thailand) you'll have a difficult time changing my mind. 

By the way.  Only providing patients addictive narcotic drugs when non-addictive, non-narcotic drugs are available is my definition of "Insanity." 

Imag2.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, connda said:

Cannabis is still illegal for virtually every Thai who would like to generate additional income for their family by growing cannabis and by being able to create tinctures, decoctions, and products that can be used for medical purposes.  I don't expect that to change as it controls entry to the market and maintains monopolies.

“These are historic first steps on the path towards allowing people to grow six cannabis trees in their homes,” said newly appointed Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul. “In the near future, families will be able to plant it in their back gardens like any other herb.

From the Washington Times, By Richard S. Ehrlich - Special to The Washington Times - - Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Recent statement my the Health minister completely counter this statement made by Anutin in Sept 2019.  I doubt that Thais will ever be allowed to "plant it in their back gardens" and "grow six cannabis trees" "like any other herb". 
It will never, ever be allowed.  In my humble opinion. 

But - Feel Free To Change My Mind

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, connda said:

At this point there is no standardization in the terms of prescribing CBD oil.  If a doctor or doctors are anti-cannabis, then the conditions it will be allow for will be minuscule.  Many Thai doctors truly believe that people's suffering is based on their karma is if they have extreme suffering it's their own fault, and they as doctors feel no need to alleviate patients karma-based agony. It's not their problem right?   I personally consider doctors like that to be inhuman monsters.

However - Go to a different clinic, get a completely different story.  Such as the brochure below. 
Imag2.jpg.0722ed157945de36ae03829771060b10.jpg

My guess is that those companies growing and processing cannabis would be happy to sell their entire lot as export and not have any available for domestic use.  This was never about relieving the suffering of people residing in Thailand and the fact the it's impossible to get in Thailand for conditions that it is routinely prescribed for in the West speaks for itself.  The entire scheme was about decriminalizing cannabis for a select few growers and manufactures who could then create cannabis products that could then compete with and be sold on the international markets.  It's a revenue maker and profit center for those who were anointed to become legal cannabis producers by their friends in office. 
Cannabis was made legal for special growers and special manufacturers.

However  --- Feel free to Change My Mind.

But as long as the only effective, affordable medicine I can get from Thai doctors for my chronic insomnia is a benzodiazapine which is both a narcotic and addictive - instead of being allowed to use cannabis in the form of CBD oil which is non-narcotic and non-addictive (and which IS on the marketing brochure below but I'm unable to get it from any cannabis clinic or hospital in Northern Thailand) you'll have a difficult time changing my mind. 

By the way.  Only providing patients addictive narcotic drugs when non-addictive, non-narcotic drugs are available is my definition of "Insanity." 

Imag2.jpg

I was too terse in my original post. I should add now that I had a full set of x-rays showing degenerative disc disease and scoliosis. I requested THC oil and told them that my American doctor had prescribed THC oil instead of more powerful pain relievers that caused liver, heart, kidney, and stomach damage.  The lady doctor that read the x-rays recommended that I come back for physical therapy and that the doctor in the cannabis clinic, literally the next cubicle to hers, give me cannabis. She wrote that on my paperwork.

I stepped next door and he refused me, as I said, but told me if I got a full blood panel done he would prescribe morphine for my back pain. I told him that this is exactly the type of treatment that I wanted to avoid, that morphine is addictive, and that I would not be requiring his services any longer. He did seem like a smug sadistic  bas**rd.

So, your concept of the situation here seems entirely plausible or even highly likely.

I am following other avenues.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 9:44 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Whats the difference here between medical marijuana and non medical marijuana?

In most places the main difference is the amount of testing required before it’s sold. In the Netherlands medical marijuana must be tested free of pesticides, fungicides, mold, mildew and other pathogens and then sterilized with non-ionizing radiation. Coffee shops don’t have the same requirement. 

In areas with legal recreational cannabis many of the same tests are required. 

Medical cannabis is also made from strains that were chosen to be most effective in the disease they’re intended to treat. THC to CBD ratios and levels, cannabinoid profiles and terpene profiles in order to assure a consistent dose. . 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, RocketDog said:

I was informed by a doctor in the Cannabis Clinic in Pranburi that use of any THC product is limited to people dying of cancer or suffering from Parkinson disease. That's pretty much the definition of 'non-recreational' I think!

I think it may be medical staff and not only the people who must be better informed. We're still a long way from any meaningful drug reform here. 

I have prescriptions from three Thai doctors, (all certified to prescribe cannabis) for neuropathy. 

The only problem at the moment is that the FDA gave hospitals the option beginning 1 Jan 2020 to decide if they only wanted to dispense to Thai citizens or to all residents and the government hospitals in Ubon decided to discriminate. 

It may surprise some people here that I and many other foreigners received permission to grow and possess cannabis from the FDA the beginning of 2019. 

And if you follow the news you saw an article a few months back about a Thai who was growing nine plants for personal use and the police only charged him for the four plants over the five he was legally allowed to have. 

I would have no problem walking into any police station with my prescription and a bottle of THC extract and asking if they’re okay with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

I have prescriptions from three Thai doctors, (all certified to prescribe cannabis) for neuropathy. 

The only problem at the moment is that the FDA gave hospitals the option beginning 1 Jan 2020 to decide if they only wanted to dispense to Thai citizens or to all residents and the government hospitals in Ubon decided to discriminate. 

It may surprise some people here that I and many other foreigners received permission to grow and possess cannabis from the FDA the beginning of 2019. 

And if you follow the news you saw an article a few months back about a Thai who was growing nine plants for personal use and the police only charged him for the four plants over the five he was legally allowed to have. 

I would have no problem walking into any police station with my prescription and a bottle of THC extract and asking if they’re okay with it. 

Would you share your process and requirements of obtaining permission to grow and possess cannabis from the FDA that would be very helpful to us who wish to get the same permission?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 3:20 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

Would you share your process and requirements of obtaining permission to grow and possess cannabis from the FDA that would be very helpful to us who wish to get the same permission?

also interested, thank you ❤️