Pattaya: Sorry we're full! Fireworks festival set to pack out resort

webfact

Pattaya: Sorry we're full! Fireworks festival set to pack out resort

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Thai media Manager reported that Pattaya will be full of tourists this weekend for the Fireworks Festival that starts this evening and continues tomorrow.

They quoted the chief of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association as saying that on Saturday hotels on the main beachfront were 100% full.

Even those elsewhere in Pattaya were at 70-80% capacity and are expected to be full when walk-ins are added, noted Ekkasit Ngamphichet.

This year's event will not be an international competition but more local with Thai pyrotechnic experts showcasing their skills and local bands adding to the flavor of a Thai celebration from all regions of the country. 

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Beach road from the Dolphin Roundabout to Walking Street will be closed from 4 pm till midnight. 

Manager went with an upbeat headline that in part said: "We're full". 

Since the pandemic struck Pattaya has been anything but full, notes Thaivisa. Apart from weekends and long weekend holidays reports have continually suggested that the resort has been largely deserted through most of 2020.

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-27

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

What is BS about it ?

Wife wanted us to go watch the fireworks, has been trying to book a room with beach view for the last week and couldn't find one.

Soi 13.. Pattaya Centre Hotel, Whitehouse Condotel,Sandy Springs Hotel all begging for customers with Beach views....????

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jack Mountain said:

How many Hotels are still open there?

Enough. But what percentage? 1 out of 3?

Some hotels open with very reduced staff and low occupancy and extreme discounts.

No idea whether they can cover the running costs.

I have booked a deluxe pool view room incl. breakfast (Areca Lodge) in December for 890 Baht which would normally cost about 2500 at that time.

• Like 1

Yes no doubt many Thais are coming to Pattaya this weekend and NCC1701A too????

When we go out tonight, it will be on the scooters, can't be bothered taking the truck.

Doubt we will hang around for a long time, seen fireworks before.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

I drove back from Bangkok about 2 hours ago.

Haven't seen so much traffic heading to Pattaya for a very long time. 

A very slow trip.  So can imagine many of the open hotels are full.

Yes I just came back down the 7 from the 331 less than an hour ago - nose to tail traffic and backed up at the lights for right turn at Sukumvhit about 300 metres which I have not had to experience for a while. Traffic going left to Klang however seemed lighter than normal..........

10 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes I just came back down the 7 from the 331 less than an hour ago - nose to tail traffic and backed up at the lights for right turn at Sukumvhit about 300 metres which I have not had to experience for a while. Traffic going left to Klang however seemed lighter than normal..........

Tomorrow's headline: "Record sales of som tum and sangsom in Pattaya for fireworks."  ????