Pattaya: Sorry we're full! Fireworks festival set to pack out resort

webfact

I just came back early from the Fireworks Festival in Pattayal. I left after 15 minutes. Crazy what I saw. Thailand is begging for a Corona chaos. Countless people sitting and standing next to each other on the whole beach. I never saw so many people there. And countless of them without masks. I left because I don't want to risk my health. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Who are they going to catch it from ?

Let's wait and see what will happen. I didn't have a good feeling with all these many people there. Nobody cares about regulations anymore. And I saw there several people in uniform - also mostly without masks. 

I am happy that I went back home. The first firework started 1 hour later than planned (could hear it from my condo). I hate waiting. And I have seen so many fireworks already - after a while they are nothing special anymore. 

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

What is BS about it ?

Wife wanted us to go watch the fireworks, has been trying to book a room with beach view for the last week and couldn't find one.

Go to  booking. com and there are plenty of rooms available. Also plenty of Guest Houses. 

8 minutes ago, Oldie said:

It is just a few minutes walk for me and I had to do some shopping at Tops in the Central Mall at the beach. Tomorrow I will not go anymore. 

Fair one, given its one of the busiest nights of the year, probably not a smart choice popping out to central given you are so worried about your health.

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Fair one, given its one of the busiest nights of the year, probably not a smart choice popping out to central given you are so worried about your health.

I didn't expect so many people there and not so many without masks. But the Mall itself was pretty empty because most were outside waiting for the firework. 

33 minutes ago, Aarin said:

Go to  booking. com and there are plenty of rooms available. Also plenty of Guest Houses. 

Not with views of beach and fireworks.

I live in Pattaya so not after a 500 baht room on soi sexpat, I was looking for a room I can sit on the balcony and watch fire works,

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Anyway, you learn from your mistakes....

It was an interesting experience. I go to the Central Mall almost every day to do my shopping. It is a 5 minutes walk... If I came from far away it would have been a mistake. 

31 minutes ago, Oldie said:

It was an interesting experience. I go to the Central Mall almost every day to do my shopping. It is a 5 minutes walk... If I came from far away it would have been a mistake. 

Double up on your shop and cut down on your exposure, or order on line if you are that worried.

11 hours ago, petermik said:

More B S I,m afraid....????

Not BS at all.  Far from it.  Pattaya Beach is hopping tonight.  All the big North Pattaya hotels are full and lots of the smaller ones have reopened.  Holiday Inn opened its back wing so you know the hotels are doing well.   The beach was packed all evening.  Spectacular fireworks, by the way, with a terrific finale. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, petermik said:

Soi 13.. Pattaya Centre Hotel, Whitehouse Condotel,Sandy Springs Hotel all begging for customers with Beach views....????

Check out north Pattaya Beach--all the big hotels and many of the smaller ones are packed.  That's where lots of the Thais are staying.  I live here and I've never heard of 3 of the hotels you mentioned. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, couchpotato said:

I drove back from Bangkok about 2 hours ago.

Haven't seen so much traffic heading to Pattaya for a very long time. 

A very slow trip.  So can imagine many of the open hotels are full.

We were on the motorway late morning today and noticed the same thing--heavy traffic the whole way.

I've been here many years and I don't think I've ever seen the beach and Beach Road so busy, if that's the quieter night tomorrow is going to be something else. Great to see all the bars and restaurants along beach road busy again. Excellent night. 

• Like 1

Huge number of people. Everyone having a good time. 

The bars along beach road were packed. I completed my shopping at the Pook Jai Sao coyote dancer outfit wholesalers and left soi 6 and walked south around 7pm. The beach was packed full practically the entire stretch.  At one point Beach Road was completely full of people walking. Mostly Thai people. The last time I saw so many people was New Years Eve around the entrance of Walking Street. The first fireworks were at 8:10pm. The last ended at 11pm. Tomorrow night is the main event. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, newnative said:

Not BS at all.  Far from it.  Pattaya Beach is hopping tonight.  All the big North Pattaya hotels are full and lots of the smaller ones have reopened.  Holiday Inn opened its back wing so you know the hotels are doing well.   The beach was packed all evening.  Spectacular fireworks, by the way, with a terrific finale. 

People, crowds, no covid protection, hopping, beach packed, fireworks. Interesting that you think all that is a good thing.  Personally, it would horrify me. Each to his own I guess.  Time to reassess the new Pattaya, as it regresses to its old dump status, as indeed it will once the Chinese get here in droves. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

People, crowds, no covid protection, hopping, beach packed, fireworks. Interesting that you think all that is a good thing.  Personally, it would horrify me. Each to his own I guess.  Time to reassess the new Pattaya, as it regresses to its old dump status, as indeed it will once the Chinese get here in droves. 

Another thing that worried me was that someone was selling fireworks, and Thais were buying roman candles which shoot out a small burning 'light'.... Thais were letting their very young kids play with these and shoot out fire. Even adults get caught out by fireworks as I recall an Englishman getting killed on Soi Post Office by one... a little kid might want to look down one that seems to fail too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

Great link, thanks for posting it, I've just watched the first session.

I checked a lot of these cams out 2 or 3 years ago, mainly to see the difference between brightside/Darkside weather and this wasn't working (frozen pic) good to see it up and running ????????