MG good or bad

offset

On 11/8/2023 at 8:31 PM, In the jungle said:

Clearly you do not have enough Social Credit with the Chinese Communist Party to be allowed that level of functionality.

That answer is way out of date though, the MG ZS got an OTA update that implemented full Android Auto functionality probably close to a year ago. I use it all the time 

11 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That answer is way out of date though, the MG ZS got an OTA update that implemented full Android Auto functionality probably close to a year ago. I use it all the time 

Query if I may ... what else was in that update, as I've yet to update, since only thing I read about itM is Android Auto & IOS play in the update, neither which I would you.  I'm a 'if not broke, don't fix it' kind of guy.  All running good and didn't want to risk something else updating that I wouldn't like changed.

Anything in the update about the operation or performance ?   THANKS

Edited by KhunLA

14 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Query if I may ... what else was in that update, as I've yet to update, since only thing I read about itM is Android Auto & IOS play in the update, neither which I would you.  I'm a 'if not broke, don't fix it' kind of guy.  All running good and didn't want to risk something else updating that I wouldn't like changed.

Anything in the update about the operation or performance ?   THANKS

Nothing that I've noticed. So if you're not bothered about having Android Auto functionality, as you say it's maybe not worth doing the update.

For me though, I'd always been a fan of Android Auto and was a little peeved that it wasn't there in MG ZS's sold in Thailand when all the reviews I read from other countries said it was supported.

So I updated as soon as I could. As I say, I couldn't point to anything else that changed. Perhaps an MG dealer could tell you what else (if anything) was changed - though I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Nothing that I've noticed. So if you're not bothered about having Android Auto functionality, as you say it's maybe not worth doing the update.

For me though, I'd always been a fan of Android Auto and was a little peeved that it wasn't there in MG ZS's sold in Thailand when all the reviews I read from other countries said it was supported.

So I updated as soon as I could. As I say, I couldn't point to anything else that changed. Perhaps an MG dealer could tell you what else (if anything) was changed - though I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

THANKS