MG good or bad

offset

On 11/27/2020 at 12:43 PM, Kwasaki said:

There's MG thread just recently on a truck which has good reviews.

If your talking cars I see lot around where live.

One Thai guy  I spoke to had a Union Jack on the roof which he pointed out, I said I would want the St Georges English flag ????  but he was happy with the car, it was a small car can't remember the name. 

Yes and he actually believed it was an English car no doubt.???? As I recall MG China is a partnership with CP chicken group in Thailand. 

9 minutes ago, Venom said:

Yes and he actually believed it was an English car no doubt.???? As I recall MG China is a partnership with CP chicken group in Thailand. 

MG Thailand (SAIC Motor-CP) is a joint venture between CP Group (Thailand) and SAIC Motor Corporation (Shanghai).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davemos said:

Made in China what could go wrong ?

57 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Even worse, assembled in Thailand !!

There's a lot of Sinophobia about by the western people mainly USA yet you see Americans driving Range Rovers & Jags.

My Japanese Isuzu is an OK truck and assembled in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Nowt wrong with chinese stuff nowadays they have got better and progressed very much IMHO.

You can get good or bad stuff made in any country.

10 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The op doesn’t say if he is talking about the pickup or the cars  ?

As usual just a mention about MG brings out the anti chinese posts and posters reminiscing about their MG’s from the 70’s.

From what i read on TVF the Extender gets some thumbs ups , the MG 3 also gets some good reviews as a run around, the ZS (2018 ) had some bad press about the 4 speed box but now the ZS ( 2020 ) has an 8 speed box and some more refinements so should be okay for the price.

Resale value for the newer models is a big question mark if you worry about that.

In general IMHO, a good price pickup, small run around or small SUV slated on here for being chinese and pushing the “ British Heritage “ as a selling point , i wouldn’t let either of those two points bother me if i was the market for a new car.

At last a sensible post without the bigotry or conspiracy theories 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Just bought a new 2020 MG ZS top model. Early days, drives well, comfortable and quiet, plenty of power, prefer the steering/suspension to be in Dynamic mode. Minor issue with wheel alignment, fixed in one hour at dealer, good now. Has all the bells and whistles of most SUV's on the market.

Currently the top model ZS is 799,000B. Dealer discount at the moment is 65,000B. good time to buy now. 

A few things that may bug you:

1. No English user manual,  dealer can order for you, maybe a wait.

2. The Voice command module in the car is Thai only, all the instrument info, entertainment and sat nav can be changed to English. I have requested from the dealer if the voice command can be changed to English, they are waiting for a answer from Bangkok. There is also an MG App for your phone, which is in Thai as well, this can be changed to English in the App once registered, registration for this App can take up to a month.

3. There is no spare tyre or tools for removing a flat, the car comes with an 12v compressor and repair cannister for a flat tyre. I am old school and like a real spare, ordered a 5th mag rim and purchased a second hand tyre for a spare, a big downer is that MG have their own wheel stud pattern, so you cant purchase any rims for a spare, only genuine. Purchased a scissor jack and wheel brace, there is a wheel well in the boot, so no problems storing the tyre and tools.

Nearly forgot, the controls on the steering are European, indicator stalk  left side and light stalk right side, my previous cars were the opposite, takes awhile to adjust with indicator.

734,000B for a medium SUV with 4 year warranty, one year free No.1 insurance, 10% discount on accessories, free window film all round and they also gave me a further discount of 1700B to buy a spare. Suited my budget.

Going on a two week trip to see how it goes. 

A real beast !

hahaha

2035790731_Screenshot2020-11-2921_43_39.png.6aa62a1aa5926c9c206809c436aadf6e.png

Edited by suhoaswhas
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I think i would have an MG rather than a Ford Fraud   ,,, FORD  =  Found  On Road Dead

my current stable of family vehicles in Thailand and UK is one 2010 Nissan Note, excellent, a Kia Picato 2012  excellent , and 3 ducatis and Loan of 2003TD5 Discovery for towing ,, very good old bus more reliable than the new model Disco 3 and 4 s   also new 2013 Nissan Note is to be avoided  ,, not as reliable as my previous model

In Thailand a Mazda 2 2013  fantastic, 2012 MUX awsome and Bombproof and another Ducati