Eco-friendly electric boats go on stream on Bangkok canal

webfact

Eco-friendly electric boats go on stream on Bangkok canal from today

By The Nation

800_bbb63458e4a11a4.jpg?v=1606460279

Electric passenger boats opened for public service on the Phadung Krung Kasem canal route in Bangkok after the opening ceremony at 9am on Friday.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang welcomed Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha who joined the opening ceremony of the first eco-friendly passenger boats in Thailand at the Hua Lamphong pier.

The governor said that the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration prioritised the development of transportation to encourage more Bangkok residents to use public transportation.

Seven electric vehicles are expected to replace diesel engine boats, as they produce less noise and pollution. The boat can carry 30 passengers.

They are available from 6am to 7pm and there will be no charge for six months. The fee in the future will be only Bt10.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398684

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-27

looks really dodgy design tho. I can see lots of traffic on canals after this, which would bring accidents, cause navigating on water is a bit harder than on roads. And we all know how they drive on roads...

Edited by MasterBaker
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

looks really dodgy design tho. I can see lots of traffic on canals after this, which would bring accidents, cause navigating on water is a bit harder than on roads. And we all know how they drive on roads...

As far as I know, this particular canal doesn't have any traffic at all other than these boats.

4 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Be fair, even if they all overturn, the Klong is probably only 5ft deep and 3ft of that is trash to stand on