Looking for a book publisher please

Chook

Hi Friends 

I am looking for a company that can publish a book I am writing 

Please, if you can put me in contact with an English-speaking publisher it will be most appreciated

Thank you

Kindness

Chook  

Lots of local expats write and self-publish books here but getting any kind of distribution in book stores is really difficult.

A friend wrote a book 10 years ago, self-published it and with help from an already established local author, actually got it into Asia Books.  They originally took 30 copies...they never re-ordered and he never actually got paid.

Having the book professionally proofread,  designing and printing a cover, printing the book and binding the book cost him a fair bundle. He tried selling online but little success.  He still has about a dozen cartons of books sitting somewhere.

He was told that books about Thailand/Bangkok/Pattaya sell well in Germany and was encouraged to have it translated and re-published but he decided it was just not worth the effort.

What's the book about? Another possibility is publishing on Kindle. I believe if the book is priced low enough Amazon pays royalty around 70%.

I know  people who made good money with books in the $2.99 range. Sounds cheap but nobody thinks twice about clicking to buy a $2.99 book, especially if it shows up on a popular search, e..g.,  Healthy and Affordable Sex in Thailand, and has a few good reviews already. Sell a couple of hundred a month and there's your rent money.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:04 PM, Chook said:

Hi Friends 

I am looking for a company that can publish a book I am writing 

Please, if you can put me in contact with an English-speaking publisher it will be most appreciated

Thank you

Kindness

Chook  

An outline of the book would help as not all publishers publish on all genres