Scotland's Sturgeon puts UK on independence warning: We want a referendum soon

webfact

11 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

useful lass this queen is,

"we all" share her , not sure who you refer to by "we all"

she is shared quite widely, not only by pommies, she pops up on paper satang many places in the world

monarch my here and monarch my there, even net door to WhiteHouse and Trump

if all should go down the drain with Brexit maybe there is a biz opportunity in renting her out as queen/monarch/head of state

rapid action required though - next in line issue might not command the same expenditure by those in want

My ThaiVisa is going ultra slow and taking ages to load, anyway I'll try to answer.

"We all" refers to England, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland and as such it makes us an island nation, and as much as the Scottish Nationalists want to partition our island nation, it will not happen, they do not have a mandate to do so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Pound is a fiat currency. Anyone can use it.

Queen Elizabeth the FIRST of Scotland is our monarch not just yours.

It will be up to an independent Scotland and the EU as to whether we rejoin.

Yes, and a very under performing one as I couldn't help to notice.

So why would anyone like to use it?

(Bonds and FX markets have a very long track record of 'knowing more', consider them as 'smart money').

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

My ThaiVisa is going ultra slow and taking ages to load, anyway I'll try to answer.

"We all" refers to England, Scotland, Wales and N Ireland and as such it makes us an island nation, and as much as the Scottish Nationalists want to partition our island nation, it will not happen, they do not have a mandate to do so.

We do not have a mandate yet.

Read my comments about the court case and the projected results of the next Hollyrood elections.

You might learn something.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IgboChief said:

Yes, and a very under performing one as I couldn't help to notice.

So why would anyone like to use it?

(Bonds and FX markets have a very long track record of 'knowing more', consider them as 'smart money').

Thats a fair comment.

Westminster would probably be begging Scotland to keep using the pound otherwise circa 10% of its value would disappear overnight.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

hmm,

its Friday and it is not only your TVF that responds sluggishly, appears that parts of you are sluggish too,

whatever aspirations of jocks and their northern islands

my splutterings were intended to be taken in as smth joke like

to avoid my failure bogging me down I'll momentarily switch from TVF to Belhaven . ..

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IgboChief said:

It would be in the UK's best interest (e.g. USA's GDP has a relative advantage of 1-2% from the dollar hegemony), but not in Scottish interest at all. They would need their own currency first and allow a true price finding for a couple of years before joining the EU (or we would risk to repeat a 'Greece' alike story).

However you turn it, UK is fokked. I do not ever discuss the political view anymore, just watch what the FX markets made out of that fiasco.

I agree that Scotland should get its own currency but I fear it will be overpriced. 

Initially, because Scotland and whats left of the UK are so economically aligned it would make sense to carry on using the pound.

But I can see our economic policies will need to diverge in a surprisingly short space of time.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Without Scotlands resources and money

Please provide some FACTS to back up that ridiculous statement please.

Scotland is financially broke and not viable as an independent country under the communist SNP's so called "government". 

It is looking more like a single police state now. that Scotland has only one national Police force, not regional ones as they had until a few years ago.

• Like 2

This paper is well worth a read, ignore all the nationalist comments and biased views on BOTH sides.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201213/ldselect/ldeconaf/152/15204.htm

It appears to be a fair report which shows that both countries would ultimately suffer.

Not an ideal time now that COVID is ravaging both our great nations.

Many forum members have already rightly commented that the deal was one referendum in a lifetime. 6 years is hardly a lifetime. The other argument is that things have substantially changed now that we have left the EU. That remains to be seen. We may have left the EU, but we don't know yet how much will change.

I would implore both sides to read the facts and forget nationalistic poetry often spewed out from uninformed mouthpieces.

If Scotland truly wishes to be an independent nation, then it should abide by it's international agreements. They agreed to a once in a lifetime vote - let the next generation make the choice as this one has already had it's say.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

This paper is well worth a read, ignore all the nationalist comments and biased views on BOTH sides.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201213/ldselect/ldeconaf/152/15204.htm

It appears to be a fair report which shows that both countries would ultimately suffer.

Not an ideal time now that COVID is ravaging both our great nations.

Many forum members have already rightly commented that the deal was one referendum in a lifetime. 6 years is hardly a lifetime. The other argument is that things have substantially changed now that we have left the EU. That remains to be seen. We may have left the EU, but we don't know yet how much will change.

I would implore both sides to read the facts and forget nationalistic poetry often spewed out from uninformed mouthpieces.

If Scotland truly wishes to be an independent nation, then it should abide by it's international agreements. They agreed to a once in a lifetime vote - let the next generation make the choice as this one has already had it's say.

Who agreed to a once in a lifetime vote?

Show me where it says so in any legal document or indeed in the last section 30 agreement. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Who agreed to a once in a lifetime vote?

Show me where it says so in any legal document or indeed in the last section 30 agreement. 

Alec Salmond stated it when he demanded!