Scotland's Sturgeon puts UK on independence warning: We want a referendum soon

webfact

25 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The UK is a political concept, not a country. Or are you suggesting that, as with Brexit, the future of the UK is solely for the English to decide?

No if you have read my posts you will have seen that any break-up of the United Kingdom must be for the UK to decide and not a dysfunctual one horse party called the SNP.

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Where will the plastic come from to build those electric cars?

Where ever market forces prevail and it can be bought most cheaply,however what with the swing to electric transportation the demand won,t be there,so perhaps north sea oil will become uneconomical.

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

2014 - the majority of Scots voted for independence from the UK; majority of non Scottish voters voted to remain.

Could you show me this statistic please? I can't find anything that backs that up

Edited by 2530Ubon

16 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The English do not have mandate to determine the future of the UK. If the majority of Scots no longer wish to be in a political union with you, will you stop it? 

You do understand how crass and insensitive your repeated use of the term 'partition' is? To equate Scottish independence with British imposed partition and the horror caused by it is utterly nauseating, not to mention juvenile.

What do you want to call it 'taking a vacation'?

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Where ever market forces prevail and it can be bought most cheaply,however what with the swing to electric transportation the demand won,t be there,so perhaps north sea oil will become uneconomical.

Like all finite resources, all fields will become uneconomical over time; but hydrocarbon economics is much more multi-faceted and dynamic that simply saying 'the North Sea is uneconomic'. 60 years after production started, companies are still committing billions every year to future development, both in new fields and in technology which will extend the life of existing fields. The picture has changed significantly, but the future is definitely not grim. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

No if you have read my posts you will have seen that any break-up of the United Kingdom must be for the UK to decide and not a dysfunctual one horse party called the SNP.

So the rest of the EU got a vote because of the dysfunctional Conservative party? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Could you show me this statistic please? I can't find anything that backs that up

Sure

Independence referendum figures revealed: Majority of Scots born here voted YES while voters from elsewhere in UK said NO

As for the source, the Daily Record, also known as the Daily Rangers, is a staunchly unionist paper which supported Better Together during the 2014 referendum campaign. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Sure

Independence referendum figures revealed: Majority of Scots born here voted YES while voters from elsewhere in UK said NO

As for the source, the Daily Record, also known as the Daily Rangers, is a staunchly unionist paper which supported Better Together during the 2014 referendum campaign. 

To be fair my side know them as the Daily Rebel ????

But you are right they are a staunchly unionist Labour paper.  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Now Vogie, surely you know this to be  lie. Surely you have picked up it, given the number of times I have had to explain it on every Scotland thread when so many people get it wrong.

For your awareness (again):

2014 - the majority of Scots voted for independence from the UK; majority of non Scottish voters voted to remain.

2020 - 14 consecutive Polls showing majority of ALL voters want independence from the UK

Twist as much as you like, you often do, the referendum showed a majority voted to remain in our union, I didn't set the rules to the referendum, the SNP did. And you are very reluctant to allow Scots living in the rest of the UK on having a say on the future of their country. Let's have a bit of consistancy RR.

Just now, vogie said:

Twist as much as you like, you often do, the referendum showed a majority voted to remain in our union, I didn't set the rules to the referendum, the SNP did. And you are very reluctant to allow Scots living in the rest of the UK on having a say on the future of their country. Let's have a bit of consistancy RR.

Twisting what? I am very open about the result. It is you who keeps saying variations of:

23 minutes ago, vogie said:

the Scottish are againgst independence too, it is only the SNP that in the minority want to divide our nation.

That was untrue in 2014 and it is even further from reality now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Did EU citizens living in the UK get a vote on Brexit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So the rest of the EU got a vote because of the dysfunctional Conservative party? 

Naughty, turning it into a Brexit thread.

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Scotland's Sturgeon puts UK on independence warning: We want a referendum soon

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

To be fair my side know them as the Daily Rebel ????

But you are right they are a staunchly unionist Labour paper.  

FAKE NEWS:

And if they cast their ballots in line with the findings of the Edinburgh University study,
more than 300,000 of them will have voted No.

There are no statistics to back that up - THEY SAID IF.

The referendum question was, "Should Scotland be an independent country?", which voters answered with "Yes" or "No". The "No" side won with 2,001,926 (55.3%) voting against independence and 1,617,989 (44.7%) voting in favour.

Those 300,000 voters didn't matter - the leave vote would have still lost

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

FAKE NEWS:

And if they cast their ballots in line with the findings of the Edinburgh University study,
more than 300,000 of them will have voted No.

There are no statistics to back that up - THEY SAID IF.

OK is the Times full of fake news as well?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/majority-of-scottish-born-voters-said-yes-z7v2mmhc8nt

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If the SNP is doing a terrible job, why have they been in power for 10 years and are currently on course to take an overall majority next year in a parliament designed to prevent majorities being formed?

Because Scottish Labour imploded and the Tories lost the plot.

The SNP simply fills the vacuum that Sturgeon perpetuates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Because Scottish Labour imploded and the Tories lost the plot.

The SNP simply fills the vacuum that Sturgeon perpetuates.

There is an element of truth in that.

Labour nailed their colours to the mast over independence and Scotland has not voted tory since the 1950's.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:
8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The referendum question was, "Should Scotland be an independent country?", which voters answered with "Yes" or "No". The "No" side won with 2,001,926 (55.3%) voting against independence and 1,617,989 (44.7%) voting in favour.

Those 300,000 voters didn't matter - the leave vote would have still lost

You erased the most important part of my quote - those votes didn't matter anyway - they were not enough to overturn the result

4 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

If i could read it... you need to be a subscriber to read the article

OK I cant quote the entire article because the mods do not like that however I will post this paragraph. 

Most Scottish-born voters backed leaving the UK in last year’s referendum. The findings from the Scottish Referendum Survey show that Scotland only remained in the Union because of the views of those who were born in other parts of Britain and further afield.

Just now, Rookiescot said:

OK I cant quote the entire article because the mods do not like that however I will post this paragraph. 

Most Scottish-born voters backed leaving the UK in last year’s referendum. The findings from the Scottish Referendum Survey show that Scotland only remained in the Union because of the views of those who were born in other parts of Britain and further afield.

Yes but you need to see the full article - In your original post and reference, they said 300,000 voters who were not scottish born MIGHT have voted no - still not enough to overturn the result